The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 22 7:30 EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it intriguing that everyone was saying Arnold would be the best pitcher we face, now it’s Prager. Constantly moving the goal-posts.
Prager has an ERA 2.88, Arnold 2.98 but pitched 12 more innings. Given that Prager pitched against better hitters he gets my nod as the better pitcher. However I see Aschenbeck 1.60 as best we will face.

Last edited:
Prager has an ERA 2.88, Arnold 2.98 but pitched 12 more innings. Given that Prager pitched against better hitters, so he gets my nod as the better pitcher. However I see Aschenbeck 1.60 as best we will face.
Are these ERA’s pre CWS? I saw A LOT of articles and videos about Arnold being the best pitcher in the tournament. We lit him up like a Christmas tree. Did the same to Prager last time we faced him too. A&M reminds me a lot of UNC. I think we faced a better team in this bracket in FSU. Vols got this. Watch and see.

DAMN MY AGING MIND AND WEIRD WORK SCHEDULE THIS WEEK !!!
Spent all.day thinking it was Saturday and the game was on tonight...hahaha

I cant recall waiting for a UT sports event this long since that fated month of December '98...seems like this week has been as long as that entire month.

All the interviews and such it sounds like the men are ready and from Coach TV on down they can taste it...they hungry...bring it back home boys GBO !!!

Are these ERA’s pre CWS? I saw A LOT of articles and videos about Arnold being the best pitcher in the tournament. We lit him up like a Christmas tree. Did the same to Prager last time we faced him too. A&M reminds me a lot of UNC. I think we faced a better team in this bracket in FSU. Vols got this. Watch and see.
Year to date ERAs, like Arnold and Prager but like you said we hit them both. Yep Vols got it.

From 5/31

Aschenbeck .63 14.1 innings
Prager 4.91 14.2 innings
Arnold 5.71 17.1 innings

Last edited:
The difference I see in Prager and Arnold is that Arnold has the higher velocity and imo the better wipe out pitch to beat UT than Prager. Prager will heavily rely on the changeup rather than Arnold with the slider/curve. Prager is very similar to the UNC pitcher we faced, but he throws way more strikes. We know he will be in the zone and the season has shown pitchers staying in the zone haven’t done great against this lineup. Junk pitching that pulls us out of the zone is what causes us more issues

Vols fan deep in Aggieland. Two observations from the other side so far. Aggie fans think the Vols are underestimating the desire of the Aggies and will be surprised at the fight of this team. Secondly, Tony Vitello is an arrogant jerk.

Vols fan deep in Aggieland. Two observations from the other side so far. Aggie fans think the Vols are underestimating the desire of the Aggies and will be surprised at the fight of this team. Secondly, Tony Vitello is an arrogant jerk.
My first time interacting with those clowns was during their game with Kentucky. They’re something else to put it politely.

The difference I see in Prager and Arnold is that Arnold has the higher velocity and imo the better wipe out pitch to beat UT than Prager. Prager will heavily rely on the changeup rather than Arnold with the slider/curve. Prager is very similar to the UNC pitcher we faced, but he throws way more strikes. We know he will be in the zone and the season has shown pitchers staying in the zone haven’t done great against this lineup. Junk pitching that pulls us out of the zone is what causes us more issues
This

That’s a nice little made up story from them for some shot at motivation. Tony always gives the other team credit so they’re completely ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back