The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 22 7:30 EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the presser and how the questions were answered, plus the photos, it doesn’t appear there is a ton of love lost between Tony and Schloss. Tony looks insanely locked in lol.
Asked, he said Schloss was a great coach when he (Tony) worked with him. "He also did some dumb things like try to turn himself into a stockbroker." 😂 Deadpan delivery. It was some kind of inside joke between them, I would guess.

(I haven't seen the part where Schloss joined him. What I cite was in Tony's solo interview, but I think Schloss was waiting in the wings by the stage.

Last edited:
Vols fan deep in Aggieland. Two observations from the other side so far. Aggie fans think the Vols are underestimating the desire of the Aggies and will be surprised at the fight of this team. Secondly, Tony Vitello is an arrogant jerk.
I would say you're spot on with those two points. And for the poster who asked about the fans from the University of Texas....there is ZERO chance any of them are pulling for A&M. In fact, if any Texas fan is pulling for A&M then they're not a true Texas fan.

I would never miss a pitch my man. I take my TV in the fall to watch football in between games. My son is done with ball and I miss it so much so I’m soaking in every little bit I can with the girl
Looking back at it now, coaching my son’s football, basketball and baseball teams were some of the best times, esp basketball.

It was a great time that I took for granted. It’s hard to stay in the present and soak it all up. But hopefully I was able to instill some values and life’s lessons beyond the scoreboard.

Looking back at it now, coaching my son’s football, basketball and baseball teams were some of the best times, esp basketball.

It was a great time that I took for granted. It’s hard to stay in the present and soak it all up. But hopefully I was able to instill some values and life’s lessons beyond the scoreboard.
Just had this very conversation with a coach from another team that called for advice. Just talking about standards and holding the girls to that standard. Being a positive figure in some of the girls is all they have. Been a blast for sure!

Been a long time since I had a Saturday while being a Texas Roadhouse employee that is as monumental or a anticipated for a Sports reason as the 2024 Simmer Saturday that Tennessee could move closer to winning a College World Series Championship if they defeat the Aggies.

I would say you're spot on with those two points. And for the poster who asked about the fans from the University of Texas....there is ZERO chance any of them are pulling for A&M. In fact, if any Texas fan is pulling for A&M then they're not a true Texas fan.
I don't think many are taking A&M lightly. It would be foolish to do so, and I don't think that is the makeup of this team to take someone lightly. As far as Coach V, he says what is on his mind and a lot of people don't like that. Maybe to some that makes him a jerk?

I don't think many are taking A&M lightly. It would be foolish to do so, and I don't think that is the makeup of this team to take someone lightly. As far as Coach V, he says what is on his mind and a lot of people don't like that. Maybe to some that makes him a jerk?

Or just unpleasant because he won’t sugar coat something when speaking his mind since he’s going to keep it entirely real.

Cant even say that about the fan base. Most on here consider this a battle… they dumb
I mean, I don’t think it’s going to be a walk in the park, but I wouldn’t be shocked by a TN blowout either. Particularly tomorrow while the winds are favorable. This team is relentless and determined. They’ve convinced me this post season they won’t be denied. I ain’t worried, GO Vols! 🍊

I mean, I don’t think it’s going to be a walk in the park, but I wouldn’t be shocked by a TN blowout either. Particularly tomorrow while the winds are favorable. This team is relentless and determined. They’ve convinced me this post season they won’t be denied. I ain’t worried, GO Vols! 🍊
I agree, PAW. This team just has that “it” factor. I just don’t see CMo, Blake, Dylan, Kavares, etc letting this team lose

I agree, PAW. This team just has that “it” factor. I just don’t see CMo, Blake, Dylan, Kavares, etc letting this team lose
They won’t. This is a team of destiny imo. Look at the records they’ve set just here in the CWS. They willed themselves to that impossible comeback against FSU. I will never forget that game, and I will never forget this team no matter what happens. They’re in my top 5 Vol teams of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back