The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 22 7:30 EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The day has arrived ladies and gents! This will my very first gameday on this board where our very own Volunteers are playing for a National Title. I was born 1 month before the Vols won the National Title in ‘98 in football and I’ve been waiting roughly 26 years to see my Vols in a National Championship game in one of the 3 major sports (thank you Pat Summitt for bridging the gap). Soak it in, enjoy it, and let’s go win a daggum title! Y’all have a great day, and for all of y’all making the trip, make it be known that the Volunteer faithful is in attendance.

Game day morning. Took care of garden, walked the dog, massive Country Boy breakfast, to get it started. Gonna be a hot one here but, the plan is still to watch game on the deck. BBQ nachos with home made salsa, cold beer, KNOCKSVILLE T shirts and plenty of orange. Hope the next two days are legendary! Thank you Vols Baseball Team for an amazing 2024 season. Thank you Vol Nation and fans for caring, sharing, and cheering loud!

The coach at Texas A&M said during his press conference that they played both KY and TN and TN is by far and away the best team they have played. LOL! The meltdown by the KY faithful will be glorious.
Poor Kentucky, they were the babes of baseball sitting atop the league with only 2 weeks left in the season everyone favorite subject. Then, we matched them and stole 1/2 the championship, proceeded to win the SEC tournament and the Kentucky talk died. Now we head to the championship series and no one remembers them at all. They must really hate us now!

Game day morning. Took care of garden, walked the dog, massive Country Boy breakfast, to get it started. Gonna be a hot one here but, the plan is still to watch game on the deck. BBQ nachos with home made salsa, cold beer, KNOCKSVILLE T shirts and plenty of orange. Hope the next two days are legendary! Thank you Vols Baseball Team for an amazing 2024 season. Thank you Vol Nation and fans for caring, sharing, and cheering loud!
Heading to breakfast with the wife now. Afterwards, we are going to cut my sister's grass and then ours. By the time we get done, it will be time to watch the Vols kick ass.

As someone who grew up in Knoxville as a huge UT football and basketball fan, I never imagined I could be this nervous and excited about a baseball game. But Tony and Danny have made that happen.
Lets Go BaseVols!
Same here but opposite circumstances. I was raised primarily on UT baseball, but after delmonico left we all just gradually stopped paying attention. Never thought we’d ever win anything meaningful in the sport again.

Now I’m more nervous than a deer on asphalt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back