The Open, 2012

The only restriction I've heard that would solve everything is implement a rule saying your putter can't be the longest club in your bag. That would make them max out at 45" for most players.

I've never understood the issue with it. I also can't believe so many people are against Sneds just because he's a Vandy grad. Much ado about nothing iyam, jmo, tifwiw, gbo, v4l.

Whatever gets it in the hole, use it. I wouldn't care if somebody pulled out a freaking hockey stick to put.

well this is going to seriously hurt Tiger. Maybe even physically. He's limping.

Seems to have limped or something quite often after a bad shot or hole.

while I can't argue that point and I don't like defending Tiger, I really think that the shot from his knees would actually put a lot of pressure on his bad knee, so I might give this one the benefit of the doubt.

Scott about to drops another. Sneds is about to be right there again.

or not. We're basically where we started this morning, just with a lot higher numbers.

wow, I don't really pull for Scott, but I hate to see that after he played so well for 68 holes

That was painful to watch. I love Ernie, but it's a damn shame Adam didn't give himself the opportunity to play on.

I hate the long putter with a passion, but that's just heartbreaking. What a collapse.

Seems like a good guy and is handling this well. Wish I could pull for him more.

My thoughts on the belly/chest putter have nothing to do with how ridiculous it looks. It's about nerves, hands, wrists and shoulders. Anchoring a putter can take some out of the equation and I don't think golf is meant to be played that way, especially when it's on the line.

Happy for Ernie.

That gag job should show that the long putters do help to some degree, but they don't quell the nerves outright like many claim.

Good for Ern dog. Really feel for Scott, but screw Steve Williams. Don't forget, you glorified grocery toter, that the guy who can slam that door is exceedingly rare.

Good for Ern dog. Really feel for Scott, but screw Steve Williams. Don't forget, you glorified grocery toter, that the guy who can slam that door is exceedingly rare.

I think that the insight a caddy can provide is probably pretty uniform across the board, but didn't Tiger fire Williams? I can't remember all the details of it.

VN Store

Back