The Thread Where We Debate About Healthcare in America

You would first have to define affordable and access. Then you would have to explain how you can justify forbidding someone from profiting off of their labor.
I’m not advocating for skilled healthcare workers to not be paid, do other universal systems not pay healthcare workers? Is there an implication I’m missing here?

Reactions: Purple Tiger
I’m not advocating for skilled healthcare workers to not be paid, do other universal systems not pay healthcare workers? Is there an implication I’m missing here?

You are pro health as a right and for a government ran system correct ?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Should we cap grocery stores at 3% profit?

I definitely see where you are going with this but supply and demand play a huge part here.

Not so sure supply and demand work the same with health care.

You plan kind of tells you where to go and you either go or stay sick.

I can choose between vandy or st Thomas but it's not like I got Costco, Sam's, walmart, aldi, kroger, publix, piggly wiggly, fresh market, and whole foods to pick from who are all competing for my business.

Just my opinion though.

I would like to see the complete elimination of (what I call) employer provided comprehensive health insurance plans and go to individually purchased major medical (high deductible) type plans. With premiums being 100% tax write offs regardless of filing status or income and pretax contributions to health savings accounts allowed.

Basically you pay cash for all wellness and minor services and your major medical is there to pay for catastrophic events.

Here is another issue....

My father had open heart surgery at centennial two years ago. They did an awesome job.

They billed over 100k but charged the insurance company like 30k. Wrote 70k off.

Now here is the issue.

The write off is a cpa tool to lowe tax basis so they made 30k but for tax purposes actually took a 70k loss.

And this should have been 30k across the board no matter what for everyone, insurance or not.

I would like to see the complete elimination of (what I call) employer provided comprehensive health insurance plans and go to individually purchased major medical (high deductible) type plans. With premiums being 100% tax write offs regardless of filing status or income and pretax contributions to health savings accounts allowed.

Basically you pay cash for all wellness and minor services and your major medical is there to pay for catastrophic events.

Or buy a supplemental add on for basic care.

Should we cap grocery stores at 3% profit?

Are you equating a retail establishment and healthcare? Honestly, I don't believe in for profit medicine. This country did not have that problem 60 years ago and it is why healthcare costs so much today.

Are you equating a retail establishment and healthcare? Honestly, I don't believe in for profit medicine. This country did not have that problem 60 years ago and it is why healthcare costs so much today.

We've always had "for-profit" healthcare. The establishment of Medicare and Medicaid along with unions gaining employer provided health insurance is what screwed everything up.

Ask yourself what else happened 60 years ago which caused these issues

We've always had "for-profit" healthcare. The establishment of Medicare and Medicaid along with unions gaining employer provided health insurance is what screwed everything up.
So you think that medicare and unions ruined healthcare?

The government magically creating trillions of dollars to pass around to everyone just makes the affordability argument of a free healthcare for all scenario stronger. Thats the reality.

Do you offer an option?
If customer wants to use ACH sure. We also accept credit cards for smaller orders but customer has to pay 5% extra and usually is Ok with that. International customers (except sometimes those freakin’ Canucks) always pay by wire though.

LOL, what? Insurance companies aren't going to pay what a doctor 'decides', even if they inflate it 2x the cost. That's not how it works...

Ask any physician and they'll tell you that the reimbursements for procedures get whittled away at every year. It's like pulling teeth to get the insurance company to cover costs - many MD's are simply unwilling to work with some major medical insurers these days.
Reimbursements for procedures are based in most part on current Medicare reimbursement schedules. Ergo, when you see a charge for a gazillion dollars on your insurance, you then see the negotiated rate of $75. Insurance takes over from there. I know exactly how it works.

VN Store

Back