The Tyler Bray thread (merged)

Didn't answer the question, wizard. Why isn't he a projected top 10 pick, or even a first round projected pick? This time, try to respond to the actual question.

Because there are at least 10 guys projected better than him. That certainly cements your idea that he will never be a NFL starter. Oh, actually it doesn't at all.

Reactions: 2 people
Let me start this out by saying that Peyton Manning is the best QB to play for UT that I can remember. Comparing Bray to him is like comparing LeBron James to Michael Jordan, because they are the best and everyone gets compared to them. However when comparing Bray and Manning we should only look at Manning's first 24 starts instead of all 45, since that is all that Bray had.[/

Still say Manning was much better in those 24 starts than Bray.

Let me start this out by saying that Peyton Manning is the best QB to play for UT that I can remember. Comparing Bray to him is like comparing LeBron James to Michael Jordan, because they are the best and everyone gets compared to them. However when comparing Bray and Manning we should only look at Manning's first 24 starts instead of all 45, since that is all that Bray had.[/

Still say Manning was much better in those 24 starts than Bray.

No one is saying Bray is better than Manning. I don't understand why Vol fans are hating Bray.

I'm far from perfect. But I managed to escape college without making the newspaper. I never said I'm a better person than TB, I'm just stating my opinion as to why he won't be a winner in the NFL.

You never made the newspaper because you weren't the starting qb of a major college program.

Not because you're somehow superior to Bray.

Reactions: 3 people
No one is saying Bray is better than Manning. I don't understand why Vol fans are hating Bray.

Come on. It's easy to understand. Fans always scapegoat the QB after losing. It's a lot easier to create a narrative and blame the most high profile guy than dig a little deeper and figure out exactly what happened. We've lost 7 games the past 3 years, so the QB must not be all that great.

Reactions: 4 people
Tyler to the haters

3F2cr.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Come on. It's easy to understand. Fans always scapegoat the QB after losing. It's a lot easier to create a narrative and blame the most high profile guy than dig a little deeper and figure out exactly what happened. We've lost 7 games the past 3 years, so the QB must not be all that great.

Oh, please. Nobody has questioned Bray's arm. He definitely has the mechanical talent. What he didn't have was the maturity to use it. And that's not saying that it won't come, he's still young. But if you think his decision making skills (on field as well as off) were on par with an elite college QB, I'd have to disagree.

Our only losses last season are Florida and bammer if we still had Wilcox. And I was all for Sal coming in. Start a VolMaster Sux thread! Our 7 losses are cause of defense not Tyler.

Reactions: 1 person
Because there are at least 10 guys projected better than him. That certainly cements your idea that he will never be a NFL starter. Oh, actually it doesn't at all.

Wait....why are there 10 guys projected better then him if he has the best arm, and all the physical tools? How are they better, allvol?? Could it be that they have what Bray doesn't, namely better leadership skills, mental toughness, poise, clutch performances?

Oh, please. Nobody has questioned Bray's arm. He definitely has the mechanical talent. What he didn't have was the maturity to use it. And that's not saying that it won't come, he's still young. But if you think his decision making skills (on field as well as off) were on par with an elite college QB, I'd have to disagree.

I rarely saw a problem with on field decision making. Please explain.

Love this "maturity" argument. He looks to me like most other young QBs that rely a little too much on arm strength. Other than pushing it down the field a little too much, I can't criticize him that much for his decisions on the field.

That's funny because if we'd won those 7 games, you can be sure most would say its because the QB is awesome.

That's funny because if we'd won those 7 games, you can be sure most would say its because the QB is awesome.

We won a national title with a QB I still say was average most of the time. I don't have a problem calling it like I see it.

Wait....why are there 10 guys projected better then him if he has the best arm, and all the physical tools? How are they better, allvol?? Could it be that they have what Bray doesn't, namely better leadership skills, mental toughness, poise, clutch performances?

You are drunk, stupid, or some combination?

Where did I ever say he was the best?

The entire debate revolves around your belief that you have several reasons why he won't be a NFL starter.

Now that you realize what a dumb statement that was, you are attempting to move on.

In physical talent, they more than compare. In fact, I would argue Bray has just as much, if not more "arm talent" than Mr. Manning.

As far as intangibles, I agree. They are not on the same page, although Peyton had a knack for choking in big games as well. He just had an NFL caliber defense to pick up the slack.

Winning a SEC Championship, 3-0 or 4-0 whichever versus the Tide, and beating the #4 ranked Ohio State Buckeyes equals a knack for choking. His Super Bowl ring says you're wrong. Dan Marino backs me up.

Reactions: 1 person
Joe flacco and bray are quite similar physically, ftr.

Joe was fortunate to be on a francise with good D and a lot of patience. Oh yea, and the NFL can't find enough quality starters...
As I said in the beginning.

Joe flacco and bray are quite similar physically, ftr.

Joe was fortunate to be on a francise with good D and a lot of patience. Oh yea, and the NFL can't find enough quality starters...
As I said in the beginning.

You consider Bray a quality starter? I hope he proves me wrong and does well. I just have to see it before I can believe it. The guy will be drafted to battle for the third spot maybe backup if he is drafted to the Jets because they don't have a clue anyways.

VN Store

Back