The Tyler Bray thread (merged)

Late 2nd to 3rd. They were talking the other day on Sirius NFL about the possiblity of Ryan Mallet being traded and that New England could be a spot for him.

This would make me very happy. Perhaps Mallett to the Titans!!! AWESOME.

And Tyler can go study behind Tommy Brady for 5 years under 'Sleeveless-hoodie" (i can't say his name)..

If Casey Clausen and Erik Ainge couldn't make it then a loser like Bray won't either.

That would be true.....but there is a such thing called defense....and we couldn't stop a high school team. What do u expect, bray throw a touchdown on every drive?

Probably day 3, at earliest day 2.

(Since it will catch someone off guard (it always does), the NFL draft is a 3 day event now...Day 1 is Round 1, Day 2 is Round 2 and 3, Day 3 is Round 4-7)

It's amazing what you can do with a solid defense and Arian Foster

I'm not sure, though, in 2007 the running game was so much "all that"...UT ranked 54th in the nation rushing the ball

Their big deal on offense looks to have been the passing game, where they ranked 21st nationally.

(and no, this is not a "Foster was bad post" so no one take it that way)

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not sure, though, in 2007 the running game was so much "all that"...UT ranked 54th in the nation rushing the ball

Their big deal on offense looks to have been the passing game, where they ranked 21st nationally.

(and no, this is not a "Foster was bad post" so no one take it that way)

So under Ainge:

21st passing
54th rushing

Under Bray:
15th passing
62nd rushing

Bray also had 0 help from the defensive side of the ball. Bray is a much better qb than Ainge.

Keep reading all these articles that the qb class is weak and there might be none drafted in the first round. I'm not seeing Bray's name mentioned - any thoughts on what round he'll go?

Middle of the third is my guess. Whoever takes him will understand that it will take 3 years to get him up to NFL standards, if ever. But u cant teach arm strength and he has that.

He lost to Kentucky and Vandy. Undrafted free agent

He piled up thise stats against the bad teams- vrs good SEC teams, he wasnt effective at all. With the off-field problems added in - the 5th round or later is possible. BUT, Tom Brady was a 7th round pick- you never know.

Reactions: 1 person
should have come back to help his draft stock but lets be honest he was never very good at make the right decision.

He piled up thise stats against the bad teams- vrs good SEC teams, he wasnt effective at all. With the off-field problems added in - the 5th round or later is possible. BUT, Tom Brady was a 7th round pick- you never know.

He may be the only Vol QB to lose to Ky and Vandy in a 2 year period. Anyone know? That is a difficult stat to own. Still- Its over now, I wish him him luck. It would have been betterfor Tyler and the team if he was back, but it is his life. He just needs maturity, I hope.

I cant resist one last shot- I will remember Tyler as Casey Claussen without all that baggage of beating Fla twice at the swamp. I understand that they have similar personalities , but Casey was "money" in a big game. He never got rattled - no matter what was happening. I miss that in our QBs. To me, poise is almost as big as talent. Caseys desire to win was huge.

Dooley will get Dallas Cowboys to waste their 1st round pick on him.

Last edited:
If you read what the scouts and NFL GMs are saying about ALL of the QBs coming out this year--at least up until today--it won't be until after the 4th round--if at all. His strong arm can't overcome his lack of football IQ--see last Vandy game, et. al...

There are a lot of physically talented QBs. The NFL needs guys that can read defenses and make quick decisions. They also need leaders. Bray will be drafted, just not very highly.

VN Store

Back