The Tyler Bray thread (merged)

I cant resist one last shot- I will remember Tyler as Casey Claussen without all that baggage of beating Fla twice at the swamp. I understand that they have similar personalities , but Casey was "money" in a big game. He never got rattled - no matter what was happening. I miss that in our QBs. To me, poise is almost as big as talent. Caseys desire to win was huge.

If Casey Clausen had last year's defense to work with he would have won fewer games than Bray did....those Florida teams that Casey beat would have posted more than 1,000 yards and 70 points against our D of last year...Bray is very underrated as a Vol QB...he could have been an elite college QB if he had an actual defense to help him out...

Reactions: 1 person
If Casey Clausen had last year's defense to work with he would have won fewer games than Bray did....those Florida teams that Casey beat would have posted more than 1,000 yards and 70 points against our D of last year...Bray is very underrated as a Vol QB...he could have been an elite college QB if he had an actual defense to help him out...

Bingo!

My thoughts exactly

All you nega brays will flip your shet if he goes in the second or first round. Oakland might draft him..o wait al Davis isn't there now..nevermind that last part

Waterboy!

Going to Gruden camp will help. It depends on how desparate some teams are and if Alex Smith finds a new home. If desparation is the word, then early 2nd round. Otherwise, I see him backing up a legend for 3-5 years such as Peyton, Tom or Drew. Honestly that would be best for his career as it would give him time to learn from the best rather than get smeared across the turf playing for a 2 bit offensive line. Under that scenario, he would get gun shy and subsequently cut.

Bray probably has the best raw talent and frame of any non-running QBs coming out. He just needs to go beyond his raw talent and use some grey matter to take him to the next level.

Don't know which round, but he could very well be one of the first three QB's taken. Who knows how he will do after that, strange things happen in the NFL.

Mayock doesn't have Bray in his top five QBs in what is considered not better than a decent group. Don't think he's throwing to the wideouts in drills today, either. He's not getting drafted in the top two rounds--no way. I'd say 3rd or 4th, if that.

After watching him today and reading the reports, I have to change my prediction. I say he goes in the first 3 rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the second.

" Bray continues to build a buzz around himself and performed well on Sunday. He was accurate, displayed the arm strength necessary to make all the passes and threw the ball with accuracy. Bray allowed receivers to run to the ball and was spot on with his deep throws. His timing was off on the shorter throws but Bray has teams believing he possesses the physical skills necessary to start in the NFL."

What ever we may think about Tyler and his time here, it would be great for the program to have another QB in the NFL playing well and representing the university. It sounds like Tyler is improving his draft stock considerably.

"Bray could end up being picked higher than many expect after generating buzz with scouts and GMs, who love his size (6-foot-6) and believe he has by far the best arm and release in this draft."

"Tennessee QB Tyler Bray had the best overall workout. 40-times are not a big deal for most quarterbacks. After all…even in the rapidly changing read-option NFL game, many teams still employ a classic drop-back passer."

"He showed off both his elite arm strength and good accuracy, consistently putting the ball where the drills called for."

2013 NFL Combine: Tennessee QB Bray's arm, release may up stock - CBSSports

Tyler Bray of Tennessee Shines as 2013 NFL Combine Drills Spotlight Quarterbacks - Cat Crave - A Carolina Panthers Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
I'm not surprised. The kid has mad skills. If he stays committed I can't see why he won't be a starting QB on Sundays.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back