The Tyler Bray thread (merged)

Bray didn't go off on people like Leaf did and isn't the same personality. Tyler likes to get out there and play ball, and Leaf really didn't.

Are you saying that Leaf's junior year when they went to the Rose Bowl that Leaf didn't like to play ball?

Bray, his sophomore year, told players that he didn't want to go to a meaningless bowl and threw the game by playing like crap. That Bray like to play ball? Just not good enough to go to a bowl game so he could PLAY another game.

Last edited:
Are you saying that Leaf's junior year when they went to the Rose Bowl that Leaf didn't like to play ball?

Leaf didn't care about the game when he got to the pro level and he had gotten paid. Some players like to get out on the field and play ball whenever they can and Leaf wasn't the type.

Not defending Leaf, just thrashing your absurdity. Still waiting for your list.

My list is on the bottom of page one........and you've already responded to it once with nonsense. Got anything better this time, or just more Ryan Leaf analogies.

Leaf didn't care about the game when he got to the pro level and he had gotten paid. Some players like to get out on the field and play ball whenever they can and Leaf wasn't the type.

Bray, his sophomore year, told players that he didn't want to go to a meaningless bowl and threw the game by playing like crap. That Bray like to play ball? Just not good enough to go to a bowl game so he could PLAY another game.

It's pretty clear that Leaf was never the most balanced guy.

Better be really careful with statements like that.

Can someone get me on brays regimen? I have been trying to gain weight for years. Tried everything weight gainer shakes eating 5000 cals a day and lifting to no avail. In b4 steroid comments

until they line up and start playing defense for real and the QB has to make accurate reads and getting the ball to the open receiver.....:salute:

True . . . but Bray's numbers don't really indicate accuracy issues; especially when you consider how much we went down the field the past couple of years.

No need. The draft will prove I am correct and you are wrong.

Funny how playing alongside one of the worst defenses in existence makes you look like you lack leadership.

The draft proves nothing--you eventually gotta play the games against live defenses......plenty of evidence against Bray's success against better SEC defenses...and nobody on our defense last year forced Bray to throw ANY of his interceptions in SEC games....

Heath Shuler, Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Marinovich, Schlichter, Andre Ware, Rich Mirer, etc...the list goes on and on for guys that were drafted high but were busts....and Bray isn't even close to being as good as those guys were--he ain't even on the same planet as Shuler was--Shuler was a stud!

The only real good game he had against better competition was against S. Carolina this past year. I mean, come on folks--the dude couldn't put more than 7 points against VANDY last year! :salute:

He didn't throw the game. Grow up. And no player comes to UT to go to a crappy bowl anyway. You don't want to pull for him, don't. I will. And I am also ready to see how we look with him gone.

Reactions: 2 people
Man I wish some of you people would get a freakin life already and stop talking **** about Tyler Bray. And stop acting like you know him personally talking about his work ethic etc. when the fact is no one has a clue hat they are talking about.

Good luck Bray. Hope the titans draft him. Can't wait to see him in the pros.

Reactions: 2 people
Nobody doubts his physical tools. But what he lacks are things that are in high demand for NFL QBs - maturity, leadership skills, poise when the game is on the line, overall approach to the game, decision making skills in the pocket against good defenses. Should I go on?

Thanks, Coach.

True . . . but Bray's numbers don't really indicate accuracy issues; especially when you consider how much we went down the field the past couple of years.

Yes--his numbers against SEC competion DO INDICATE a very real problem with accuracy--if you count completion percentage and TD vs. INT ratios!

The stats are there--I've posted them before. It is purely objective that Bray had GREAT numbers against weak sisters and stunk it up against the SEC. It's indefensible. j

Just check out his completion percentage and INTs in his 2 years against Fla. What about UGA? Bama? VANDY?

And, if you want a REAL eye opener--just eliminate the GSU and Troy game from his stats and see what you get when comparing TD vs. INT ratios.

Yes--his numbers against SEC competion DO INDICATE a very real problem with accuracy--if you count completion percentage and TD vs. INT ratios!

The stats are there--I've posted them before. It is purely objective that Bray had GREAT numbers against weak sisters and stunk it up against the SEC. It's indefensible. j

Just check out his completion percentage and INTs in his 2 years against Fla. What about UGA? Bama? VANDY?

And, if you want a REAL eye opener--just eliminate the GSU and Troy game from his stats and see what you get when comparing TD vs. INT ratios.

He looked pretty good to me last year against UGA and SC.

I get your point, but I'll say it again. It's hard for me to draw too many negative conclusions on him based on the situations he's been in and the lack of talent around him. He was always either playing from behind or without a decent running game.

Reactions: 1 person
Nobody doubts his physical tools. But what he lacks are things that are in high demand for NFL QBs - maturity, leadership skills, poise when the game is on the line, overall approach to the game, decision making skills in the pocket against good defenses. Should I go on?

I agree 100%

VN Store

Back