The Virginia Gov race

I really don’t have a dog in the fight with the Elections that take place in Virginia but I find the media narrative comical that Americans in Virginia are now racist for electing a Republican governor.
Especially when 2/3 of the main Republican ticket are minorities and 2/3 of the Democrat ticket are old ass white men.

Please, you make the claim that using race as a political tool started under Obama and then say I've lost all credibility. lol

CNN poll from October 5, 2016 before he left had 54 percent of Americans stating race relations were worse then than before him.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
CNN poll from October 5, 2016 before he left had 54 percent of Americans stating race relations were worse then than before him.
That in no way validates your insane assertion that that it began with Obama.

It was well discussed that race relations declined dramatically under Obama during his turn but the MSM tried to blame racism toward him. Obama started chiming in on every one off social issue.

We just need to get the adults back in charge of the country. Podesta, Kerry, Rice, Klein, and the rest of the ilk in that group many in the cabinet and behind closed doors need to be jettisoned off.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
None. He just likes to throw around false accusations.
It is just a general question I have for all CRT proponents… are they really believing that American children are not already being taught the less savory parts of our national history? This stuff is not a secret or anything

Please, you make the claim that using race as a political tool started under Obama and then say I've lost all credibility. lol
Everything that can be used as a political tool can and WILL be used as a tool by both parties when it suits their needs. Quit pretending that the Republicans are today’s KKK and that the Democrats are innocent angels as pure as the freshly driven snow.

This brings up an issue I’m curious about. Does CRT include the fact that the original slave holders/sellers in Africa were black? or the fact that blacks continue to practice slavery today.
Answer:?yes it does. Of course it also points out that the sellers were still acting as White Suprematists and were surely registered Republicans who flew confederate flags on their oversized pickup trucks while driving to the nearest NRA rally.

Everything that can be used as a political tool can and WILL be used as a tool by both parties when it suits their needs. Quit pretending that the Republicans are today’s KKK and that the Democrats are innocent angels as pure as the freshly driven snow.

BOOM !!!

I have never pretended any such thing. Maybe you need to stop projecting your incorrect pre-conceived notions.

About the same as voted against him because of his race.

Therein lies the problem, it is often wrongly assumed that voters didn't vote for him because he was black. That it had nothing to do with his ideas for the country. Your comrades on the Left never address the reverse of it because it's only a problem for the white man. I simply do not care what race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or sexual preference a candidate is as long as they have good leadership qualities and govern for the benefit of all Americans not just a particular demographic. I suspect that most voters feel the same way. People get tired of being told how racist, bigoted, and uneducated they are by those on the Left.

@BowlBrother85 - I’m sorry to hear that you lost your job. I’ve been there, and it’s not a fun place to be. I think most of us men probably derive too much of our identity from our work. It shouldn’t be that way.

Here is some admittedly unsolicited advice for your time off.

- Don’t stay inside too much…get out with friends who support you
- Stay away from coping vices. It’s short term and only exacerbates negative feelings
- Yes, it’s OK to look for work on the regular channels: LinkedIn, Indeed, etc.
- But connect with a few recruiters in your space. They will get you much better comp on the next job opportunity
- And hit up your network - they will know about hidden off the market job opportunities, which often pay better than the ones advertised
- Despite the difficult circumstances, find a way to view this as a net long term opportunity for your own personal development

I know we all bicker back and forth in here, and it can be a tough place. But it’s for fun and not personal. We’re all pulling for you and are in your corner.

💪🏻

This country has unfortunately had racial issues since day one.

Obama though is the first President in my lifetime who weaponized it for political gain.

I can’t recall any other President from Carter until Obama who used it to gain political leverage and made the nation an us vs them scenario.

Just a sad fact but nevertheless a fact.

@BowlBrother85 - I’m sorry to hear that you lost your job. I’ve been there, and it’s not a fun place to be. I think most of us men probably derive too much of our identity from our work. It shouldn’t be that way.

Here is some admittedly unsolicited advice for your time off.

- Don’t stay inside too much…get out with friends who support you
- Stay away from coping vices. It’s short term and only exacerbates negative feelings
- Yes, it’s OK to look for work on the regular channels: LinkedIn, Indeed, etc.
- But connect with a few recruiters in your space. They will get you much better comp on the next job opportunity
- And hit up your network - they will know about hidden off the market job opportunities, which often pay better than the ones advertised
- Despite the difficult circumstances, find a way to view this as a net long term opportunity for your own personal development

I know we all bicker back and forth in here, and it can be a tough place. But it’s for fun and not personal. We’re all pulling for you and are in your corner.

💪🏻
Amen

Therein lies the problem, it is often wrongly assumed that voters didn't vote for him because he was black. That it had nothing to do with his ideas for the country. Your comrades on the Left never address the reverse of it because it's only a problem for the white man. I simply do not care what race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or sexual preference a candidate is as long as they have good leadership qualities and govern for the benefit of all Americans not just a particular demographic. I suspect that most voters feel the same way. People get tired of being told how racist, bigoted, and uneducated they are by those on the Left.
My comrades on the left?
And you are complaining about the generalization of negative stereotypes?
I'll have to discuss that with my freedom hating, unamerican, white guilt, freeloading comrades.

Very underrated post by you. You should get 100 likes for being spot on w/this answer.

Maybe since it is Thursday, it is about time to retire a thread specially tied to Virginia, which has now passed from liberal darkness into the blessed light of freedom (can I get an Amen????) and begin one focused on the coming red tsunami that is soon to be bearing down on liberal silliness all around our great land. I propose “Red Dawn” as a possible name 😉

VN Store

Back