The Virginia Gov race

My comrades on the left?
And you are complaining about the generalization of negative stereotypes?
I'll have to discuss that with my freedom hating, unamerican, white guilt, freeloading comrades.
What DO you exactly believe? Serious question. I am a bit confused as to your political opinions and would like to not erroneously attribute positions to you which you do not actually hold. Being a conservative who gets rankled every time someone assumes I like Trump makes me sensitive to us/them subtleties

@BowlBrother85 - I’m sorry to hear that you lost your job. I’ve been there, and it’s not a fun place to be. I think most of us men probably derive too much of our identity from our work. It shouldn’t be that way.

Here is some admittedly unsolicited advice for your time off.

- Don’t stay inside too much…get out with friends who support you
- Stay away from coping vices. It’s short term and only exacerbates negative feelings
- Yes, it’s OK to look for work on the regular channels: LinkedIn, Indeed, etc.
- But connect with a few recruiters in your space. They will get you much better comp on the next job opportunity
- And hit up your network - they will know about hidden off the market job opportunities, which often pay better than the ones advertised
- Despite the difficult circumstances, find a way to view this as a net long term opportunity for your own personal development

I know we all bicker back and forth in here, and it can be a tough place. But it’s for fun and not personal. We’re all pulling for you and are in your corner.

💪🏻
Hear! Hear!

Finally got to watch the link. I didn't see them say anything that was wrong.
You are right. 15 percent of Virginia voters changed from Biden voters to Youngkin voters because they are closet racists who until now mistakenly believed Biden was the second coming of Robert Byrd. Rats but someone is on to our nefarious dog whistles again. We must change tack yet again. Tell no more secrets here folks. He is wise to the code

What DO you exactly believe? Serious question. I am a bit confused as to your political opinions and would like to not erroneously attribute positions to you which you do not actually hold. Being a conservative who gets rankled every time someone assumes I like Trump makes me sensitive to us/them subtleties
That is to broad of a question to answer.
I'll gladly answer anything more specific.
On the conservative to liberal scale - I'm at about a 75-80 on the liberal end.

You are right. 15 percent of Virginia voters changed from Biden voters to Youngkin voters because they are closet racists who until now mistakenly believed Biden was the second coming of Robert Byrd. Rats but someone is on to our nefarious dog whistles again. We must change tack yet again. Tell no more secrets here folks. He is wise to the code
What exactly was said in that clip that is incorrect?

I always liked Carville...think he was one of the most tuned in political consultants

Carville is a pragmatist. He understands that you don't alienate the middle portion of this country, who really just want to go to work, feed their families, and make their lives better, and expect those people to vote for you. The leadership of the Democratic party has left the middle class in their push further left. He's the one that said "It's about the economy, stupid" and he was absolutely correct then, and the phrase would be absolutely correct today.

What exactly was said in that clip that is incorrect?
So suddenly you went from “I don’t watch national news and don’t know anything about it” to “they were right to say this candidate used trump like racist speech to sway over white voters”?😂😂😂

It was diverse Hispanic districts that flipped by the way. Are they “racist” too?

Finally got to watch the link. I didn't see them say anything that was wrong.
I'm not surprised and that's fine. The video wasn't about right or wrong. It was a response to the quote below.

I think it would. Maybe for starters more repubs would understand that the vast majority of dems want nothing to do with race war nonsense and the perception that they do is fueled by the ones on the right wishing to increase the divide.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickyvol77
I'm not surprised and that's fine. The video wasn't about right or wrong is was a response to the quote below.
The irony is that the whole clip was of dems. complaining that repubs. are using racist dog whistles to generate support.
They are calling out repubs for racial BS like the whole Critical Race Nonsense.
The one guy who said it was like the bussing (school integration) issue of the '70s was spot on.

That was Trump's greatest gift to the Democrats.

Oh, Trump helped the Dems a little bit, whereas Obama was a disaster for the Democratic party. What was the joke about Barack? "The only person he could elect was himself."? I think the same thing is going to happen with Biden. Republicans did not do nearly as bad as one would have thought with Trump's prickliness. Take away the ballot harvesting that occurred in Georgia, the Senate probably remains in Republican hands (51-49), although I thought Loeffler was awful and should have been replaced during the primary. Actually surprised her race was a close as it was in the runoff.

The Republicans picked up seats in the House in 2020. Did not get pummeled too badly in state legislatures during the Trump years. Trump's greatest gift to the Dems was being an azzhole personality-wise.

The irony is that the whole clip was of dems. complaining that repubs. are using racist dog whistles to generate support.
They are calling out repubs for racial BS like the whole Critical Race Nonsense.
The one guy who said it was like the bussing (school integration) issue of the '70s was spot on.
Like I said, that's fine you feel this way and I'm not surprised that you do. The video wasn't posted for the purpose of right or wrong. It was a response to your assumption that one side is fueling the race war.

They sound like sore losers to me.

So CRT is not really a thing? Just made up out of thin air? Imaginary stuff that even if it existed is no where near any our of public schools? No consultants being paid money to teach staff about it?

Hope you're right. I've with you because what I've read about it leads me to consider it BS and Critical Race Nonsense. Actually, I like this Luther, Critical Race Nonsense. Thanks!

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
So CRT is not really a thing? Just made up out of thin air? Imaginary stuff that even if it existed is no where near any our of public schools? No consultants being paid money to teach staff about it?

Hope you're right. I've with you because what I've read about it leads me to consider it BS and Critical Race Nonsense. Actually, I like this Luther, Critical Race Nonsense. Thanks!
It is a thing and groups have been actively pushing to have it taught in schools. Anyone that says it’s not real is lying. The US Attorney General’s son has developed the curriculum that they plan on forcing the schools to use.

I really don’t have a dog in the fight with the Elections that take place in Virginia but I find the media narrative comical that Americans in Virginia are now racist for electing a Republican governor.
The same "racists" that elected Biden...who is actually racist. Republican = Racist to the MSM. That's the narrative. If they keep repeating it, it becomes fact.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
So suddenly you went from “I don’t watch national news and don’t know anything about it” to “they were right to say this candidate used trump like racist speech to sway over white voters”?😂😂😂

It was diverse Hispanic districts that flipped by the way. Are they “racist” too?

Well, racist voters in Virginia also voted for a racist black woman and a racist Latino. Man, we got racism everywhere.

It is a thing and groups have been actively pushing to have it taught in schools. Anyone that says it’s not real is lying. The US Attorney General’s son has developed the curriculum that they plan on forcing the schools to use.

Oh, I think you are correct, but I'm in agreement with Luther that CRT is better described as CRN..

That’s why they elected an African American female lol 😂

VN Store

Back