The Virginia Gov race

shhhhhhhh you aren't following the narrative.

Crazy idea: this isn't necessarily about race, a specific race isn't being targeted, the spaces targeted for gentrification due to low property taxes and low property values just happen to be occupied by minorities at a higher rate.

It's not race targeting. Just collateral damage.

If I were making lesson plans, I guess it would depend on the class and subject I was teaching.
But just curious, how many times has whitey been bad?.....and did any of those times have a significant historical impact?

Probably the same as every other race....This can't be a serious question.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
It isn't the number of poor. It is the concentration?

How do Asian and Nigerian children in poor-concentrated districts perform at the school in those districts?

That will take some time to do data collection and give you a specific answer. If you are ok with a generalized answer based on historical norms, I can give that to you much more quickly.

Probably the same as every other race....This can't be a serious question.
It's a more serious question than the one it was in response too. Sometimes the best answer to a stupid question is another stupid question. It highlights the original stupidity. I see that is lost on some.

That will take some time to do data collection and give you a specific answer. If you are ok with a generalized answer based on historical norms, I can give that to you much more quickly.
Sure. Happy to look at whatever data you would like to provide.

BTW, I looked up the spending per pupil on education by state. It also showed the amount of Federal funding for each state. Americans spend a lot per pupil even in Idaho which spends the least.

BTW, I looked up the spending per pupil on education by state. It also showed the amount of Federal funding for each state. Americans spend a lot per pupil even in Idaho which spends the least.

That last part is a discussion that needs to be had, talking about where per pupil spending really goes. Education at all levels is becoming very top-heavy; increasing percentages of budgets are going to administrative positions that didn't exist fifteen or twenty years ago, even in smaller systems. Wasted pointless training seminars (Jefferson County once spent $25k on a program on how to fire teachers that basically just had a lawyer read the procedures already outlined in the contract; then there's modern race guilt ******** that costs a pretty penny). Recurring online program fees for software that hasn't proven itself over time and isn't accessible at home to many students in rural areas.

Good lord, I could go on. It sucks.

Dude there is hardly anyone in Idaho. I went to ID years ago and saw more elk than people.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
It’s not CRT being taught in schools. It does have a nice ring to it though. CRT!

You work in Education though. What would be a better descriptor of what actually is being taught in a lot of schools right now (with regards to our racial history)?

Anti-Bias? Anti-Racism? Something else?

@AshG same question for you ^^
I really am interested to hear from a purely educational perspective.

@luthervol
@AshG

What is a better description of what is being taught?

But there are things we have to be able to talk about that do require extreme care and a very gentle, practiced touch. Students do notice disparities caused by property tax based school funding want want to know how caring adults can allow such significant differences in opportunities to occur. Gentrification and the forced exit of long time minority populations as as result of rising property tax bills their jobs can't keep up with is another.

Kids are sharper and notice more than we give them credit for.
”People who have more money can have nicer things” is not an artifact of some imaginary “systemic racism”. It is a basic law of economics that at least goes back to the time a caveman traded his surplus Wooly mammoth hides for his neighbors larger cave. Everything bad or unpleasant is not automatically due to white racism you know. Or do you believe all non white societies in History were pleasant and perfect utopias? (Wakanda isn’t a real place BTW)

Moderate Democrats do.

Good for her.
I can see the Catch 22. I think we all can.
Pissing off the other side was Trump's strategy from day one.
I guess he felt the love and votes he garnered outweighed the hate and votes he lost. It worked in 2016 - barely.

Good for her.
I can see the Catch 22. I think we all can.
Pissing off the other side was Trump's strategy from day one.
I guess he felt the love and votes he garnered outweighed the hate and votes he lost. It worked in 2016 - barely.

my god can you stop with the "but Trump". If you do not see her point then you are blind.

”People who have more money can have nicer things” is not an artifact of some imaginary “systemic racism”. It is a basic law of economics that at least goes back to the time a caveman traded his surplus Wooly mammoth hides for his neighbors larger cave. Everything bad or unpleasant is not automatically due to white racism you know. Or do you believe all non white societies in History were pleasant and perfect utopias? (Wakanda isn’t a real place BTW)

Keep reading. I follow up on this.

History from a Predominantly White Male Perspective 101 - or something like that.

and it's mostly good and accurate - but can be improved.
If you are saying that is what has been traditionally been taught then I agree.

What would be a good description of what is being taught today. Specifically around dealing with the structural and systemic impact of racism in America?

That last part is a discussion that needs to be had, talking about where per pupil spending really goes. Education at all levels is becoming very top-heavy; increasing percentages of budgets are going to administrative positions that didn't exist fifteen or twenty years ago, even in smaller systems. Wasted pointless training seminars (Jefferson County once spent $25k on a program on how to fire teachers that basically just had a lawyer read the procedures already outlined in the contract; then there's modern race guilt ******** that costs a pretty penny). Recurring online program fees for software that hasn't proven itself over time and isn't accessible at home to many students in rural areas.

Good lord, I could go on. It sucks.

Pardon my cynicism, but I think all governmental or para-governmental organizations eventually become bureaucratically top heavy.

my god can you stop with the "but Trump". If you do not see her point then you are blind.
Of course I see her point. It's blatantly obvious.
You are rarely going to get the vote of someone you piss off.
It's a trade off.
Sometimes not saying the things that need to be said piss off the other group that are already on your side.

It's like when trump had such a hard time denouncing white nationalists. He didn't want to lose their vote, but when he realized he would lose even more votes by not speaking up, he spoke up.....being the man of character that he was.

If you are saying that is what has been traditionally been taught then I agree.

What would be a good description of what is being taught today. Specifically around dealing with the structural and systemic impact of racism in America?
History from Various Perspectives.

I already counted you among the nuts.
The minions would be anyone who believes CRT is actually an issue to get worked up over.
We've had a number of parents in our district complain about teachers teaching CRT (which they don't). In every instance, the parent has been a right wing nut and completely clueless.
I can’t say which teachers are presenting the subject to students but it’s a fact that In Chattanooga the HCDE paid consultants to present the subject on professional development days to the facility. It’s a real topic, not some urban myth.

VN Store

Back