The Worley thread (merged)

Why not change it up the game is out of reach get ready for Florida

It's a tough call, but it might get made. Depends on what Coach Jones sees on the sideline. Where's Worley ' s head? If he's beat, bring a change. If he's still fighting maybe you let him learn.

Worley must've played against air while in high school because he is horrible.
Even worse than Simms... who was crap.

Worley has missed some open reads I think the hype has gotten to him. Make the change!! Go to the freshman and let's start fresh. The defense needs a break.

They are panicing and making poor decisions. Worley has a "deer in the headlights" look plus fear. Its going to take a few more recruiting classes. Worley will not run the ball and they are giving him the middle of the field. They are following our backs every play.

So he hasn't been able to set his feet ONCE all game? EVERY single throw has been behind or over the head of a receiver. Shoot, he threw behind a RB that was looking for the ball to the outside!! He threw it INSIDE!!!

You must have missed his beautiful drive that put them up 7-0. You need to not be so damn literal when you say "EVERY throw." Get some beer and quit crying like a 5-year old.

Worley has missed some open reads I think the hype has gotten to him. Make the change!! Go to the freshman and let's start fresh. The defense needs a break.

He hasn't missed reads, he's missed targets. He's throwing to the right places. He's just missing. He knows where, he just can't figure out the how. You can see his check downs. He's not setting his feet and the ball is sailing.

It's a tough call, but it might get made. Depends on what Coach Jones sees on the sideline. Where's Worley ' s head? If he's beat, bring a change. If he's still fighting maybe you let him learn.

Look at his face, he has zero self confidence and is scared. I feel bad for him.

Last edited:
Look at his face, he has zero self confidence and is scared. I feel bad for him.

Yeah, I haven't liked his body language for a couple of drives. It could be getting to the point where leaving him out there is causing more harm than taking him out. Wouldn't be surprised to see one drive in the 2nd half then a change.

But let's not ignore that it's the defensive collapse and Oregon hitting stride on offense that's beating us. Worley isn't winning the game but he's not why we're losing. He may not be able to get us back in but he didn't knock us out either.

My thing is you think Oregon has a good defense? Despite the loss wait until next weekend in Gainesville

If we are going to run the zone read, Worley must go. He is never going to keep the ball and Oregon knows it. Play one of the pups and see what happens

Reactions: 1 person
My thing is you think Oregon has a good defense? Despite the loss wait until next weekend in Gainesville

It's only going to get tougher. Oregon has two future NFL CBs but Florida has three times as many guys who will play on Sundays.

Worley isn't a game changer. He's a game manager. This game may be unmanageable if our D is going to be this out matched by their offense.

The question only Coach Jones really knows the answer to is: Do we have a game changer on the roster? Probably not. I have to believe he'd be in there if we did.

With Bray and last years offense Jones would have this game very close at worst.

Worley cannot hit the broad side of the barn. It is just a fact.

Due to this Jones has one hand tied behind his back in a fight against a true gladiator.

Worley will not be qb next year.

Reactions: 5 people
With Bray and last years offense Jones would have this game very close at worst.

I like butch. But he has Worley as the qb
Due to this Jones has one hand tied behind his back in a fight against a true gladiator.

Posted via VolNation Mobile

Worley totally sucks no doubt! Play anybody else even if its just to get them some experience.

Worley is beyond ineffective.

It isn't entirely on Worley.

He's played horribly but remember the 5-man OL is getting whipped by 3 and 4 man DL sets.

Our run game is neutered and we stopped running inside and have opted to run outside away from our OL.

It's not entirely on Worley. He's just another broken cog in this engine. Playcalling has been awful to this point.

We'll see if it changes in the 2nd Half.

Everyone we play will just load up the box and make Worley beat them thru the air. Which I don't think is possible. No pocket presence, no touch, not much arm strength, and poor accuracy. Did I mention he can't run.

Everyone we play will just load up the box and make Worley beat them thru the air. Which I don't think is possible. No pocket presence, no touch, not much arm strength, and poor accuracy. Did I mention he can't run.

Oregon isn't loading the box at all.

They don't need to.

We're not running at them. We're running at the sidelines.

You are right, however. WKU did the same thing in the 1st Half last week. Stuffed our Offense for 84 total yards. He started hitting passes and they backed off.

VN Store

Back