'25 TN RB Shekai Mills-Knight

Hate losing guys out of our backyard. Seems like we struggle with Baylor HS kids
Different strokes. Just go get guys from other guy’s back yards and move on. Obviously not impressed or influenced by VOLS sitting in their stands. Lots of decision factors. I only get stressed when kids want to be VOLS, we pass, and they blow up elsewhere.

Hate losing guys out of our backyard. Seems like we struggle with Baylor HS kids
Well they had Muschamp's kid as their QB last year, and I remember the kid that went to Ole Miss that was an OL in Heupel's 2nd class that we were in on, but I do agree, we don't seem to have tight relationships with the Baylor program. It probably has to do with a lot of their kids being boarding students from out of state.

“I am going to commit on Aug. 17 and it will be between Alabama, Auburn, Miami, Ole Miss and Tennessee,” Mills-Knight told On3.
“Alabama was my dream school as a kid. Auburn has been relentless in their effort to recruit me and how they would use me in the future. Miami has a great culture and the vibe is different down there. Ole Miss was the first to offer and they have been recruiting me hard from the beginning. Since I moved down to Tennessee, the people have been good to me. I could stay home with them and be part of a great recruiting class.
“All the schools are great, and some of the schools are still really battling for me, but I know where I am going. I am ready to make my commitment.”
“My decision is based on being at a place where I can see myself for 3-4 years, where I can get developed as a running back, where I can get a good education and where I have a chance to win a national championship.”
c.simmons

Lots of Baylor kids are not local or even in-state, so shouldn’t be considered as “in our backyard”.
Well,

They're not playing their college ball in Canada now are they??

Yeah they're transplants but if they are making memories wherever they are at, than it's not out of line to consider them In-State.

We have Dodson (also a transplant yet In-State prior), and it would be amazing if we got this kid. And there's other in lower classes that are talented. Let's keep working Baylor I say...

Well,

They're not playing their college ball in Canada now are they??

Yeah they're transplants but if they are making memories wherever they are at, than it's not out of line to consider them In-State.

We have Dodson (also a transplant yet In-State prior), and it would be amazing if we got this kid. And there's other in lower classes that are talented. Let's keep working Baylor I say...
I agree we should keep on recruiting from wherever the talent hails. If I read it wrong, it seemed that you were admonishing the staff for potentially missing on this “local” kid; my apologies.

Yeah, because who needs 6'2 220 lb RB that has breakaway speed?

I mean he's from Caaaneda, eh!
We have two of them on the roster currently, but yea I like stocking up all the positions on the team. Not life or death, I bet he is more of a see hole hit hole type of back just because he’s fairly new to football. Give me a back with that elite vision you only get from toting the rock since pee wee days.

If the kid thinks he’s going to compete for national championships in Oxford, he’ll be disappointed. Maybe he’s thinking he’ll follow in Quinshon Judkins’ footsteps and transfer to Ohio State after a year or two in Faulknerville.
Maybe but he already has an Ohio State offer. I’m hearing he just liked the campus better. I agree there will be no nattys in Oxford.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
If the kid thinks he’s going to compete for national championships in Oxford, he’ll be disappointed. Maybe he’s thinking he’ll follow in Quinshon Judkins’ footsteps and transfer to Ohio State after a year or two in Faulknerville.
Ole Miss will be in the new CFP under Lane probably and he can play early and often. Fits what they want to do with RBs. Peyton Lewis is somewhat of a bigger back so it's not the end of the world but was one I was really hoping for. Would be nice to get an all around big back finally

Ole Miss will be in the new CFP under Lane probably and he can play early and often. Fits what they want to do with RBs. Peyton Lewis is somewhat of a bigger back so it's not the end of the world but was one I was really hoping for. Would be nice to get an all around big back finally
If only Lane had your confidence in making the playoffs, winning big games seems to be his kryptonite. If there is a log jam of 10 win teams they will go based on SOS from what history suggests

Reactions: wmcovol
Agree.

I suppose I should have said “win” as opposed to “compete for,” because while you may be right about them making the playoff now and again, I will be shocked if Lane ever wins one.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting

VN Store

Back