Today's GOP Not The Party of Lincoln

Yes, and as I explained, that doesn't apply here. The Republican Party litmus test isn't based on ideology. The Republican Party litmus test is based on Donald Trump.
It does apply here, in relation to you.

We have. It’s cute really. You speak vaguely, intentionally, and then blame the audience.
Basic common knowledge of what happened on January 6 seems like a pretty fair prerequisite for a conversation about American political parties. And I don’t think the post was indecipherable to anybody with a basic level of knowledge, borderline intellectual function or above, and an intent to have a good faith discussion.

Also, based on past experience, I already had an opinion about whether you possess all of those traits.

The detritus wanting in the boat is not a reason to use a finer net.

Dignity?
Self respect?
Human decency?
Things like that.

I think dignity went out the window when black fathers started abandoning their families in record rates (they were encouraged by the Dem party to do so through tax reimbursements.)

Self respect followed when generational welfare took hold and working for a living was no longer desirable. Earning a living and self respect are in direct relationship with each other.

Finally Human decency ceased to exist when the drugs poured in and gangs took over the area resulting in the genocide of young black men throughout the 80s and 90s. The murder rates in these communities were simply staggering. And who was in charge of the communities? The mayors and elected officials. Democrats!

That’s what Trump meant by “What do you have to lose?”

Reactions: Rickyvol77
And yet others will clearly see it. I'm not surprised it makes no sense to you. The afflicted often cannot see their affliction.
You don't understand the meaning of the word "cult".

A cult is an organized social following, not an organized social opposition. A cult is defined by an extreme devotion in favor of someone/something, coming from a group of people. It is not defined by opposition to someone/something.

Last edited:
The only Cult of Trump I see would be from the democrat party. Democrats are still obsessed with the man and can't stop talking about him.

Plus democrats can't seem to formulate any original thought outside what their media and politicians tell them.

Democrat Party = Cult
Once again, this displays an ignorance of the definition of a cult.

A cult following doesn't involve opposition to someone/something.

It involves a devout commitment for someone/something, with unconditional support in favor of that same someone/something.

It does apply here, in relation to you.
You are displaying a stubborn and willful ignorance of the definition of the word "cult".

A cult is a following. It does not involve opposition. It involves a devout commitment for someone/something, with an unconditional degree of support in favor of that same specific someone/something.

That describes the Republican Party's relationship with Donald Trump right now. It does not describe myself or members of the Democratic Party. We are obviously opposed to Donald Trump, not in favor of him.

*CULT : noun ........ an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, especially as manifested by a body of admirers.

* As defined by www.dictionary.com, which can be found under "Cult Defintion & Meaning".

Take note of the word "admirers" at the end of this definition. I am obviously not an admirer of Donald Trump. I am opposed to Donald Trump. Therefore, I am not, by definition, in a cult of Trump. That would describe what the Republican Party has become since June of 2015.

Once again, this displays an ignorance of the definition of a cult.

A cult following doesn't involve opposition to someone/something.

It involves a devout commitment for someone/something, with unconditional support in favor of that same someone/something.
You guys are obsessed with another man. In this case it's Trump. Why? Because your politicians and media have convinced you to be obsessed with him.

The only cult I see is the democrat party.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
You are displaying a stubborn and willful ignorance of the definition of the word "cult".

A cult is a following. It does not involve opposition. It involves a devout commitment for someone/something, with an unconditional degree of support in favor of that same specific someone/something.

That describes the Republican Party's relationship with Donald Trump right now. It does not describe myself or members of the Democratic Party. We are obviously opposed to Donald Trump, not in favor of him.

*CULT : noun ........ an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, especially as manifested by a body of admirers.

* As defined by www.dictionary.com, which can be found under "Cult Defintion & Meaning".

Take note of the word "admirers" at the end of this definition. I am obviously not an admirer of Donald Trump. I am opposed to Donald Trump. Therefore, I am not, by definition, in a cult of Trump. That would describe what the Republican Party has become since June of 2015.
You are committed to your political party which is an ideal. In this case you are overly committed to the democrat party. To the point where your political posts are even predictable.

Also, you are obsessed with Trump.

You guys are obsessed with another man. In this case it's Trump. Why? Because your politicians and media have convinced you to be obsessed with him.

The only cult I see is the democrat party.
What you just described up above the sentence that I placed in bold, does not meet the definition of a "cult".

Even if the Democratic Party is obsessed with Donald Trump, that would only make them a cult, if this obsession was in support of Donald Trump. By definition, a cult does not involve opposition. It only involves a commitment towards someone/something (not against) with favorable support for that same specific someone/something.

Once again .... you are putting your ignorance on display. You don't understand, no matter how many times I explain it, what the definition of the word "cult" is.

What you just described up above the sentence that I placed in bold, does not meet the definition of a "cult".

Even if the Democratic Party is obsessed with Donald Trump, that would only make them a cult, if this obsession was in support of him. By definition, a cult does not involve opposition. It only involves a commitment towards someone/something (not against) with favorable support for that same specific someone/something.

Once again .... you are putting your ignorance on display. You don't understand, no matter how many times I explain it, what the definition of the word "cult" is.
And you are obsessed with another man. In this case it's Trump. Mainly because the media and politicians you followed have convinced you to be obsessed with him. Therefore, you are doing what you are told by the people you support. Which is the democrat party.

The democrat party is a cult.

And you are obsessed with another man. In this case it's Trump. Mainly because the media and politicians you followed have convinced you to be obsessed with him. Therefore, you are doing what you are told by the people you support. Which is the democrat party.

The democrat party is a cult.
You have still not accurately explained what would make the Democratic Party a cult. You haven't shown a clear understanding of the meaning of the word at all. A "cult" requires more than just an obsession with someone/something. It requires a commitment in favor of someone/something. A specific person or a specific ideology.

You have still not accurately explained what would make the Democratic Party a cult. You haven't shown a clear understanding of the meaning of the word at all. A "cult" requires more than just an obsession with someone/something. It requires a commitment in favor of someone/something. A specific person or a specific ideology.
I just told you. Democrats have a committment to the democrat party. Part of that commitment still requires this obsession with Trump.

Democrat Party = Cult

I just told you. Democrats have a committment to the democrat party. Part of that commitment still requires this obsession with Trump.

Democrat Party = Cult
Once again, even if the Democrats do have an obsession with Trump... that by itself does not make them a cult. A cult is not defined by opposition. A cult is defined by a commitment to defend, and unconditionally support someone/something. You have still not accurately explained what would make the Democratic Party a cult. You are coming across as stubborn, and perhaps even a little thick.

Examples of cults and their leaders :

The Nazi Party .... Adolf Hitler
The Manson Family .... Charles Manson
The Peoples Temple .... Reverend Jim Jones
The Branch Davidians .... David Koresh (Vernon Wayne Howell)
Heaven's Gate ..... Marshall Applewhite
The Church of Scientology ... L. Ron Hubbard (succeeded by David Miscavige)
NXIVM .......... Keith Raniere
The Republican Party ..... Donald Trump

Last edited:
Once again, even if the Democrats do have an obsession with Trump... that by itself does not make them a cult. A cult is not defined by opposition. A cult is defined by a commitment to defend, and unconditionally support someone/something. You have still not accurately explained what would make the Democratic Party a cult. You are coming across as stubborn, and perhaps even a little thick.

Examples of cults and their leaders :

The Nazi Party .... Adolf Hitler
The Manson Family .... Charles Manson
The Peoples Temple .... Reverend Jim Jones
The Branch Davidians .... David Koresh (Vernon Wayne Howell)
Heaven's Gate ..... Marshall Applewhite
The Republican Party ..... Donald Trump
Democrat Party....Joe Biden
Previously the leader was Barack Obama

Democrat Party = Cult

Democrat Party....Joe Biden
Previously the leader was Barack Obama

Democrat Party = Cult
LOL! That is hilarious!

Joe Biden does not inspire anyone. NOBODY is committed to Joe Biden. He was elected president only because he was running against Donald Trump. Democrats did not stand in a unified support of Joe Biden on November 3rd, 2020. They stood in a unified opposition to Donald Trump.

Once again, a cult is not defined by an organized opposition towards someone/something. It is defined by an organized support in favor of someone/something.

VN Store

Back