Train derailment danger being covered up?

Oh, absolutely.. completely agree.. it was a New Orleans topic lol.. I was saying New Orleans was dangerous now, which it is.. I was just there lol it was fun, but you did hve to watch yourself lol.. all of the comments I got from a lot of people I was the most horrible human alive lol.. the counterattack was rutal America was all ‘meth towns’ and they made assumptions about me from my ‘from’ and lives’ on FB 😂 I just laughed, people make a ton of assumptions.. I used to live two hours from New Orleans lol.. love it, lots of fun, you hve to be aware of your surroundings.. some lady said I couldn’t visit NOLA, I said it was a good thing she was not the gatekeeper lmao
I've seen people claim Atlanta and NYC are crime ridden cesspools. I view that as an idiotic take and find anyone making those types of comments little more than an ignorant bumpkin.
(I have a daughter living in each city and know first hand what wonderful cities they are) Problems? Sure. Like everywhere else.

Not sure what you said about New Orleans, but it may have been in your delivery.

Oh, there will undoubtedly be continued efforts to divide. What I'm saying is that with time it becomes clearer where those efforts were most concentrated and why.

And I've always been an advocate of merging the sides, not further dividing them.

There shouldn't be sides. There should be where you live and where I live and whatever party in DC is in charge at the moment shouldn't matter to either of us because they have little to no impact on our lives. Our local and state governments should be of primary concern.

Yes you are a "me and my family voter" whether you want to admit it or not because you vote for candidates that will advance the progressive agenda across America and you think that is good for you and your family. So thank you for reinforcing my point about why there is so much animosity from non urban Americans towards urban Americans.
You aren't honestly that shallow.
You say you vote (try) for the candidates that best represent what you believe is best....
and I don't vote that way???

If you actually believe that, I have once again given you far more intellectual credit than you deserve.

You say you vote (try) for the candidates that best represent what you believe is best....

If you actually believe that, I have once again given you far more intellectual credit than you deserve.

How in anyway am I disagreeing with you? Do you vote for candidates that you think will be bad for you and your family?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

You finally broke out of the recruiting forum .

Reactions: luthervol and McDad
Oh, there will undoubtedly be continued efforts to divide. What I'm saying is that with time it becomes clearer where those efforts were most concentrated and why.

And I've always been an advocate of merging the sides, not further dividing them.

I'll continue to disagree. I find your assessment of where the efforts are concentrated and why highly subjective. I doubt time will bring clarity and objectivity to your view.

As noted, the deeper you believe as you do the more colored your assessment becomes. It comes across as dogma. You present faith-based statements of how it really is.

Accordingly you present a "they need to come to us" view of merging. If we can undo their brainwashing they will see the "truth".

Been down here in Atlanta for the past ten years and I would say whites are under represented maybe asians too.
Uh we have no Asians in construction here. %50 black populace. %75 of construction or road crews are black. So I’m not sure what Pete’s referring to.

How in anyway am I disagreeing with you? Do you vote for candidates that you think will be bad for you and your family?
I am willing to vote against the short term financial best interest for me and my family for what I believe to be the greater long term good......di it frequently.

Whereas you seem to be an admitted "short term impact to your own wallet" voter.

I'll continue to disagree. I find your assessment of where the efforts are concentrated and why highly subjective. I doubt time will bring clarity and objectivity to your view.

As noted, the deeper you believe as you do the more colored your assessment becomes. It comes across as dogma. You present faith-based statements of how it really is.

Accordingly you present a "they need to come to us" view of merging. If we can undo their brainwashing they will see the "truth".
And I'll disagree with your assessment of my assessment.
You've never once heard me contend that the left has everything correct and the right has everything wrong.....far from it.
You're seeing things that aren't there.

I am willing to vote against the short term financial best interest for me and my family for what I believe to be the greater long term good......di it frequently.

Whereas you seem to be an admitted "short term impact to your own wallet" voter.

So you are a "me and my family" voter.

You seem to live in lala land and have trouble understanding.

And you keep reinforcing why there is disdain around the country. You want what you consider "for the greater good" enforced throughout the country whether it's actually good for everyone or not.

I've seen people claim Atlanta and NYC are crime ridden cesspools. I view that as an idiotic take and find anyone making those types of comments little more than an ignorant bumpkin.
(I have a daughter living in each city and know first hand what wonderful cities they are) Problems? Sure. Like everywhere else.

Not sure what you said about New Orleans, but it may have been in your delivery.
Umm, I said ‘I love going to going to New Orleans and always have a great time, but you need to keep your head on a swivel’ .. was that bad delivery? Be honest.. lol.. I personally find Atlanta less dangerous than New Orleans lol.. and yes, they were calling me a bumpkin lol.. not exactly accurate lol

See there you go trying to lay off any responsibility. This isn't a marketing thing this is real, and believe it or not I do not blame you or those of similar convictions.

You vote for what you think is best for you and your family and I (try) to vote for the candidates that best represent what I think is best. The problem is the people you help elect have entirely too much say in what happens in other parts of the country and visa versa. That is why we will continue to have teh disdain and animosity between us until the federal government can't take my values or yours and force them onto areas that do not have the same.

Maybe you just poorly worded what you were attempting to say.
It sounds like you are saying we vote using different criteria. To the degree that we actually do, your accusation is backwards.

And I'll disagree with your assessment of my assessment.
You've never once heard me contend that the left has everything correct and the right has everything wrong.....far from it.
You're seeing things that aren't there.

Nor did you see I contend you claimed that. Talk about seeing things that are not there.

However your world famous continuum leans decidedly toward the right being the much bigger offender. It is a statement without evidence. As an adherent of the "left is better than the right" it is natural that you see more of the bad in the right and downplay the bad in the left.

Now onto the your desire for the sides to merge - can you point to specific areas where you as a person on the left is prepared to move right to lessen the divide? What's the ratio (derived from the continuum) 2 steps left for every step right to get this merger of sides to occur?

Umm, I said ‘I love going to going to New Orleans and always have a great time, but you need to keep your head on a swivel’ .. was that bad delivery? Be honest.. lol.. I personally find Atlanta less dangerous than New Orleans lol.. and yes, they were calling me a bumpkin lol.. not exactly accurate lol
Not a bad delivery at all. Sounds like those Facebook warriors were idiots.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Nor did you see I contend you claimed that. Talk about seeing things that are not there.

However your world famous continuum leans decidedly toward the right being the much bigger offender. It is a statement without evidence. As an adherent of the "left is better than the right" it is natural that you see more of the bad in the right and downplay the bad in the left.

Now onto the your desire for the sides to merge - can you point to specific areas where you as a person on the left is prepared to move right to lessen the divide? What's the ratio (derived from the continuum) 2 steps left for every step right to get this merger of sides to occur?
Pick an issue.

Maybe you just poorly worded what you were attempting to say.
It sounds like you are saying we vote using different criteria. To the degree that we actually do, your accusation is backwards.

We do have different criteria for the candidates we would consider voting for. I think that is obvious. Neither one of us is going to vote for someone who we think will be harmful to ourselves/family in the long or short term.

The biggest difference between you and me is that I don't know what's best for you and yours but you seem like you do and want the federal government to force that on everyone.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
Here's the thing, everyone who views another with disdain feels as if their views are justified. Everyone who is viewed with disdain feels as if that view is unjustified. There has been a lot of time, money, and effort put into convincing people that they are justified in their disdain for others.

I know where those efforts have been most concentrated and successful.
The major media and Hollywood where average fly over Americans are daily portrayed as bigotted facist rubes?

We do have different criteria for the candidates we would consider voting for. I think that is obvious. Neither one of us is going to vote for someone who we think will be harmful to ourselves/family in the long or short term.

The biggest difference between you and me is that I don't know what's best for you and yours but you seem like you do and want the federal government to force that on everyone.
I'm guessing that what is best for me and mine would closely mirror what is best for you and yours.
Maybe there's more to that short term / long term thing.

The major media and Hollywood where average fly over Americans are daily portrayed as bigotted facist rubes?
I hardly ever see that portrayal.
Sounds like a massive inferiority complex fueled by outside influences.

VN Store

Back