Trump Secret police

These quotes are from 53 days ago and are not relevant to the situation in Portland today.

If you understood the thesis of her tweets then you would know why it's relevant to all places every time protests are met with too much force. Also, this thread isn't only about Portland.

Last edited:
You're going to be so underfirepowered as to be absurd for you to even attempt to derail such power.

How do you know what I have or don’t have?

If you have to stand in front of a moving train, I support your right to do so.
Well thank you.

Based on what I read about an interview with some DHS officials, they pretty much admitted to doing exactly this. They said somebody shined a laser pointer at the feds, so they went to the area it came from, found a random guy to question with no evidence it was him, forcibly put him in a van, and drove off to interrogate him against his will. All kind of problems with this, even if pointing a laser pointer at a cop is a crime, they had no probable cause to detain this guy. Forcing him into a van and hauling him off for interrogation without probable cause is crapping on "liberty freedom" (whatever that is).
So they questioned and released him. That’s legal. They are not your local or state agency.

So they questioned and released him. That’s legal

My understanding is you have to have probable cause to detain somebody. Especially if you're going to throw them in a van and take them somewhere else. Maybe one of the lawyers can opine.

Edit: I don't care if they question him all they want. But if he's not free to leave or they take him somewhere against his will, that's an arrest in my opinion.

I've not followed too closely, just seems if the buildings weren't burned down in the last month or so, it probably wasn't such a target, anyway. But it has a lot of attention now.

I'm cynical enough to believe that Trump's motives aren't so pure here, as stirring things back up works to serve his "Law and Order" campaign. Honestly, whose interests would it serve to set a federal building on fire? Could be some person(s) driven by any agenda, including expanding Fed's paramilitary presence around the nation. So easy to take cover with the protestors and scapegoat the innocent.

If the mob is setting fires to federal buildings and barricading the exits, then it should be clear what their intent is and what this serves. It's not some covert paramilitary exercise to elevate Trumps "law and order" campaign. You're giving him to much credit.

In Portland, what you see is what you get. One group prefers anarchy and mob rule, by any means neccessary. The other side, to end this situation as peacefully as possible, call it a day and go home to their families at the end.

If the mob is setting fires to federal buildings and barricading the exits, then it should be clear what their intent is and what this serves. It's not some covert paramilitary exercise to elevate Trumps "law and order" campaign. You're giving him to much credit.

In Portland, what you see is what you get. One group prefers anarchy and mob rule, by any means neccessary. The other side, to end this situation as peacefully as possible, call it a day and go home to their families at the end.

Yeah, I get the history. Nameless people doing bad things.

And if you believe both the police and the Feds are not operating in the crowd, then I'm sure you'd be wrong. What happens from there, who knows.

But again, the Feds presence has had the opposite affect of the stated intent. Yet, It will continue to escalate with their continued presence.

Two different standoffs. One, as the article says, was an unoccupied remote refuge. Not nearly as many people involved. They weren’t destroying anything or being violent. They sat around a campfire. Going in with teargas and guns wasn’t needed.

It’s a very different standoff from what’s happening in Portland.

That said I’m not trying to justify what’s happening in Portland. Just that the article appears to be comparing apples to lemons.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
If you understood the thesis of her tweets then you would know why it's relevant to all places every time protests are met with too much force. Also, this thread isn't only about Portland.

The problem is that when the initial protests turned to riots they weren’t met with force.

Two different standoffs. One, as the article says, was an unoccupied remote refuge. Not nearly as many people involved. They weren’t destroying anything or being violent. They sat around a campfire. Going in with teargas and guns wasn’t needed.

It’s a very different standoff from what’s happening in Portland.

That said I’m not trying to justify what’s happening in Portland. Just that the article appears to be comparing apples to lemons.

And when they tried to leave 1 one killed.

Yeah, I get the history. Nameless people doing bad things.

And if you believe both the police and the Feds are not operating in the crowd, then I'm sure you'd be wrong. What happens from there, who knows.

But again, the Feds presence has had the opposite affect of the stated intent. Yet, It will continue to escalate with their continued presence.

So dismissive towards the mob, while laying a considerable portion of responsibility at the feet of the feds that arrived 40 to 50 days after all this began. Really?

The obvious is in front if us all, yet some on the left continue to just blame the feds for this mess. Is it for political reasons only? Take into account that Portland PD and local politicians have basically given the olé to the mob and free reign to do as they please.

Feds wouldn't even be there if those in positions of authority would stop playing political games with people's livelihood and other citizens of Portland that didn't sign up nor approve of this BS.

So dismissive towards the mob, while laying a considerable portion of responsibility at the feet of the feds that arrived 40 to 50 days after all this began. Really?

The obvious is in front if us all, yet some on the left continue to just blame the feds for this mess. Is it for political reasons only? Take into account that Portland PD and local politicians have basically given the olé to the mob and free reign to do as they please.

Feds wouldn't even be there if those in positions of authority would stop playing political games with people's livelihood and other citizens of Portland that didn't sign up nor approve of this BS.

So, you think their presence is making things better? Do you think the buildings they are guarding were a target before they arrived?

Do you think DHS has the authority to dispatch their paramilitary force to the streets of Portland?

If they're making things worse, it's time to stop being stubborn about it and let it go.

I love how some still think there are peaceful protests. Peaceful protests don’t include destruction of public and private property. Vandalism and rioting. But you keep up that fight against the “secret military police” that has been debunked by experts.

Reactions: Wireless1

VN Store

Back