Trump vs DeSantis 2024

DeSantis is a competent leader and competent politician. Too willing to exert government power for my tastes but he's mile better than Trump.

Wouldn't be my preference for POTUS but I vote for him over any of the current names being floated on the D side. I'll be interested to see if Harold Ford Jr gets in the D race and how far left he has to go if he does.

DeSantis is a competent leader and competent politician. Too willing to exert government power for my tastes but he's mile better than Trump.

Wouldn't be my preference for POTUS but I vote for him over any of the current names being floated on the D side. I'll be interested to see if Harold Ford Jr gets in the D race and how far left he has to go if he does.

He's already left. Today's DIM must be a complete leftist

Reactions: norrislakevol

Even Tim Ryan, who used to seem pretty reasonable just only a few years ago, sold his soul to the woke cult recently.

I like Ford Jr., but not sure he's ready for this stage. I do believe he's one you look at for a shakeup in your cabinet or advisors. His abortion view might be his Achilles as he's stated he's pro-life (so did Biden until he needed the vote) and his against late term. His firing from Morgan Stanley would also come to light as it is just "misconduct"

I'd love to see DeSantis call out Trump's lying, but he'll be the first (non-exiled) Republican to do so.
But that's what he wants. It's like a bratty child who gets more upset when they're ignored. Let Trump win the race to the bottom if DeSantis is serious about running in 2024

Reactions: volinbham
Does anyone actually think that would help? Geez..
I think Desantis would be a good call and a loud jab at Trump is Walkers number spike. Pence needs to take on the VP role of being behind the scenes and enjoy retirement. Trump needs to lay low and revisit his place in politics in the current environment as it seems the GOP will be going in the direction of Desantis.

But that's what he wants. It's like a bratty child who gets more upset when they're ignored. Let Trump win the race to the bottom if DeSantis is serious about running in 2024
That's Trumps game and once you enter it is hard to get out. Rubio, Bush, Cruz all tried and once they engaged it was over.

I don't think Trump understands his policies were not the issue, but his behavior. He did exactly what he said he was going to do wrt China, the border, tax code, etc. Independents and Reagan democrats voted for him in a huge way in 2016. I think most people kept waiting for him to be a little more stateman like, be presidential and not continue with the middle school level cutdowns and insults. Trump will get blistered by DeSantis in a debate if he goes after him. Hopefully Trump will pack it in and realize it's in nobody's best interest for him to run.

That's pretty much where I'm at. I have lost a lot of respect for him with the way he's been throwing punches at DeSantis the past couple of weeks. Now is the time to unify the base. Now is not the time to throw jabs at one of the best leaders in America just because he's the only one who might be able to compete with him in a primary. I always hoped that he would find some humility after what happened 2 years ago but it seems like he's gotten worse. I have also been disappointed at his unwillingness to own up to the fact that the covid jabs have been a failure.

That's pretty much where I'm at. I have lost a lot of respect for him with the way he's been throwing punches at DeSantis the past couple of weeks. Now is the time to unify the base. Now is not the time to throw jabs at one of the best leaders in America just because he's the only one who might be able to compete with him in a primary. I always hoped that he would find some humility after what happened 2 years ago but it seems like he's gotten worse. I have also been disappointed at his unwillingness to own up to the fact that the covid jabs have been a failure.
Desantis pushed the jabs too.

"...best leaders in America?"
Now that's comedy gold, Jerry.

Reactions: zeppelin128

Trump treats anyone and everyone standing in his way exactly the same.

The notion that he would change his approach for the betterment of anyone other than himself is completely laughable.

He’d rather burn the house down before letting someone else run the household.

Last edited:
Very disappointed to see Trump go after DeSantis. Trumps base was huge in the Republican party. He is chipping away at it now.

When Trump was considered to be what was best for the Republican Party, very few conservatives had an issue with his unique communication style.

Now that’s he’s no longer considered what’s best for the Republican Party, without changing who he is whatsoever, now many see him as a problem.

It’s like some of you expected the guy to evolve. 😂

Reactions: zeppelin128
How else can you explain the mass exodus from states like California and New York to the state of Florida? I promise you it isn't just the sunshine
So....you believe folks up and move from California and NY to Florida because they believe DeSantis is "great leader??"

Ford Jr. would be interesting and I would also be intrigued. Depending on the R candidate, I’d be tempted to vote for him if he stayed in the center on issues.

VN Store

Back