Tyler Bray still undrafted (merged)

I'm proud of Bray and the effort he put in during his time at Tennessee. But he did ask to be put into the situation that he's gotten himself into. He was clearly not ready for the NFL by no means. Ask any NFL expert, and they'll tell you that he should've stayed. With that being said, I wish him the best and I hope he does make it. Bray's a talented guy, but he's got a long way to go as a professional QB.

Is he a professional qb?

I am starting to wonder if he will go undrafted. I AM shocked he fell this far honestly. At this point he is no risk and all reward.

Maybe they know something at this point that the general public doesn't? Ainge said a while back that the kind of info they have on potential players is insane and that they knew stuff about him that was not available to the public.

No there's been plenty of "good I'm glad he's not going. No one wants a punk who is a natural loser and can't stay out of trouble".

How many times was he arrested? How many times was he suspended from the team? How many games would we have won with him at the helm and a decent defense this past year?
Oh okay. I haven't been through that entire thread. I wish all Vols good luck now and into the future.

Maybe they know something at this point that the general public doesn't? Ainge said a while back that the kind of info they have on potential players is insane and that they knew stuff about him that was not available to the public.
Add up all we know, add up all that was covered up by UT, add what the NFL PI's have on him and dumbrick...and what do you get?

You got it. :bad:

I agree with OP; any people on this board dogging a UT player needs to root for another team. It's one thing to realistically asses his strengths and weaknesses, it's entirely another to laugh at him for not getting drafted yet. Seriously screw yourself. He did a million times more for the orange and white than any of us ever will; he played on the field.

If Bray had sayed at UT that would have messed up Butch's new offense...We need a young OB to learn the new system...Hope he (Bray) does well just glad he's gone !! :dance2:

Last edited:
i'm starting to think he may not get picked. never would have expected this. i thought it was possible some team would really like him and take him earlier than expected.

I agree with OP; any people on this board dogging a UT player needs to root for another team. It's one thing to realistically asses his strengths and weaknesses, it's entirely another to laugh at him for not getting drafted yet. Seriously screw yourself. He did a million times more for the orange and white than any of us ever will; he played on the field.

Well I guess TSU is my new team. Go HBC!!!!

The man limped his way back onto the field after an injury in the MS State game and played another down.

The man played another down after he broke his hand in the Georgia game. They had to make him come off the field.

He put up record numbers and had to sit and watch as our defense kept him out of national attention.

We have all seen him shed tears over a loss.

He took beating after beating while wearing a UT jersey.

HE WORE THE ORANGE!!!!!!!!

You people talk about him like he purposely destroyed everything that is UT. You talk about him like he was constantly getting arrested for drugs and alcohol and spitting on UT. Did everyone forget the talk of him crying outside the locker room after the loss against UGA this past year? A game where we put up 44 points but allowed 51. Bray was a good QB.

If Bray has pro success every one of you will suddenly be Bray fans. I've never heard him say a negative word about UT or any of its fans. He is going to be in the pros representing our school. Quit being douchebags and support him.

It's seriously embarrassing.

Some people just need UT football to be good because they vicariously live through the success of 18-22 year old kids. The people bashing on him that bad need somebody to blame for their unhappiness. .

Reactions: 1 person
This is why all players should stay away from message boards. And it's why people say our fanbase sucks. People who can't do anything semi athletic bash players, if you don't like a kid , just remember you hurt the the school by talking trash.

If bray had chose to say at UT that would have messed up Butch's new offense...We need a young OB to learn the new system...Hope he (Bray) does well just glad he's gone !!

Not true. Butch would have designed his offense around Bray. It's been said plenty of times that you don't have to have a mobile QB to have success in Butch's offense.

I am starting to wonder if he will go undrafted. I AM shocked he fell this far honestly. At this point he is no risk and all reward.

Did you see the segment with Gruden and Bray?

Would you take a chance on him?
(step back.from being a UT fan and look at Brays body of work on and office field)

If Bray had sayed at UT that would have messed up Butch's new offense...We need a young OB to learn the new system...Hope he (Bray) does well just glad he's gone !! dance2:
Would anyone be surprised if Butch met with Bray and handed him his traveling papers?

Butch: "Tyler, I have you penciled in at 4th string QB behind...Hey, what's that walkons name?"

Crompton gave his all for the University of Tennessee. Were you guys so angry about treatment of Bray defending him from attacks too?

Reactions: 1 person
I disagree with this almost entirely. It's easy to be liked when things are going well. Everybody loved Bray when he replaced Simms in 2010. Things went sour and he went under the microscope because he is a quarterback. The beer bottle thing and jet ski incident were blown completely out of proportion because UT was losing.

And yes, he had great wideouts (Hunter is being accused of flaking last year and CP is a raw WR with a high ceiling, but don't talk about that part). And the line was elite, but the running game was not, so all the offense came through the air.

Bray gets too much blame, IMO.

Tell me how you really feel. Just Kidding. :lolabove:

Everyone liked Bray when he replaced Simms because 1) Simms sucks 2) He was a bright star for the future 3) We had no idea of all the off-field issues that Bray would bring (work ethic, terrible at reading defenses, etc.)

QBs have always been put under a microscope, Bray should have known that when he signed up for it. I agree those two incidents were blown out of proportion, but he was asking for it.

Bray is a great passer, but he's a terrible quarterback

VN Store

Back