Tyler Bray still undrafted (merged)

And you didn't put a few mistakes under your belt when you were 18 years old?

I'm not afraid to admit that I did.

Not in front of cameras, though I was never in that position.

While Bray is immature, part of his problem comes from not having coaches tell him to knock that crap off.

Yeah, because with bad quarterbacking play, the Vols may struggle to win ONE conference game in a season......for two years in a row.

I understand your pain. All caught up in Florence, the economic hub of NW Alabama.
:lolabove:

No pain here, my friend. I'm doing just fine for myself and my family. All this in spite of being a trust fund kid due to my father being a very successful songwriter. There are a lot of them here in NW Alabama.

Would anyone be surprised if Butch met with Bray and handed him his traveling papers?

Butch: "Tyler, I have you penciled in at 4th string QB behind...Hey, what's that walkons name?"

yes, i would be extremely surprised, because Butch is not an idiot.

I bet this guy was all for greg mcelroy giving Auburn fans the finger a few years ago too. Now that's class.

He flicked off the specific Auburn fan that hit him in the head with a cup of ice. Would prefer thst he hadn't done it, but he wasn't taunting anyone.

He went on t.v., and said he didn't give 100%. This is a fact. I'm not saying its all on CDD, but crap rolls uphill.

I am a true vol fan. Spend thousands every year on the Vols. I'm telling you right now I'd rather lose every game watching my team give everything they have, than win sometimes giving half ass effort. Effort, and preparation are on the coach. If you don't give all you got ride the pine no matter how talented you think you are.:hi:

He went on tv four to five months after his last game and said that. Good for him. Please explain how the coach is supposed to know he is only giving a 70-80% preparation effort if that effort is better than the other QBs? I just can't blame Dooley for it. I'll concede maybe 5% Dooley at most but the rest is on Bray and Bray only. Do you blame teachers when kids who don't study that hard fail a test?

Reactions: 2 people
1. Completions - 505, Attempts - 829, Cmp % - 60.9, Yards - 6531, TDs - 52, INTs - 21

2. Completions - 459, Attempts - 785, Cmp % - 58.5, Yards - 5141, TDs - 40, INTs - 25

3. Completions - 318, Attempts - 592, Cmp % - 53.7, Yards - 4169, TDs - 34, INTs - 23

4. Completions - 204, Attempts - 380, Cmp % - 53.7, Yards - 2440, TDs - 19, INTs - 12

Before I go further, I think Bray under Cutcliffe would have been a good experiment.

Above are career passing stats in SEC games ONLY, of four former Vol QB's, one is Bray. I know some think he played on terrible teams, though I'd argue he played behind a heck of an offensive line, almost all will be in the NFL, he had good receivers, if not great ones, sure he lacked a running game but Chaney was never gonna have much of a running game.

So, which stats belong to Bray, hint...none of these guys are Peyton Manning.

Reactions: 1 person
Look I'm not a Tennessee fan as you all well know, but if given a choice between drafting a scrub without issues or someone with premier ability and issues, it's not even close at this point in the draft.

A lot of guys in the 6th and 7th rounds routinely are cut.

This (Rogers) is a dude who would be the 2nd best wr on the jaguars (in terms of ability) right now

Last edited:
Did you ever consider that maybe there are no NFL teams that think Tyler Bray will ever make their team better?

Maybe all of the NFL teams think that Bray and Da'Rick will make their team worse. I'm talking about their attitudes affecting the other players, not their physical abilities. As inconsistent as they both were, those two guys were both super talented physically.

Reactions: 1 person
I have had many good afternoons before, and will have after, Tyler Bray. I don't depend on college kids for my good afternoons.

As to your first point, I believe that you must have missed Bray's statement , after the Kentucky game in 2011, about wanting the season to end , and also the upper classmen's statements, especially Tauren Poole, about the younger players not giving effort to help get them to a bowl game. I seem to remember that Bray and Da'Rick were the main two objects of his derision. As far as getting Dooley fired, I would be willing to bet on it.

This. Knowing a little more than most about how much Bray thought about himself, this may help him as a man which his more important than the NFL... Which is good because today, the NFL is saying they don't expect a whole lot from Tyler Bray.

Did you ever consider that maybe there are no NFL teams that think Tyler Bray will ever make their team better?

for that to be true he would have to go undrafted and not be invited to any camps as a FA, so . . . no i hadn't considered that.

for that to be true he would have to go undrafted and not be invited to any camps as a FA, so . . . no i hadn't considered that.

really, you know Matt Simms got invited, don't think they ever see him as a starter. They guy are responding to, has a legit point.

This. Knowing a little more than most about how much Bray thought about himself, this may help him as a man which his more important than the NFL... Which is good because today, the NFL is saying they don't expect a whole lot from Tyler Bray.

do you know him personally? if not, how do you know more than most about TB?

VN Store

Back