Tyler Bray still undrafted (merged)

Are you kidding me. We paid CDD millions to know that. Again our coach gave 70% so it was ok for the players to do the same.

It is up to the teachers to inspire, motivate, and teach kids how to prepare for this test. So yes they would be to blame. My 9 year old would rather go play some basketball than study. Is she a bad kid? Lazy? Not smart? Or does she need to learn how to prepare for this test, and every other test she will ever take? Kids think they know everything. strong roll models help them learn the importance of preparation, and hard work. Will you stop acting like Bray is 35, and has learned everything about life already. He is just a kid, and needed a stronger coach to help him reach his true potential.

Wow. You're a wreck man. Blaming a teacher for your kid not studying to their full potential. Not only is that lazy parenting, but it's also bad advice. In college, if i got C's and low B's because I didn't study as hard then I am to blame. Not my professor. He's three years in college and should definitely hold all accountability. It's his craft that is on the line. If he doesn't want to own it then he can enjoy being unemployed. I hope your kid develops their own sense of accountability because it isn't coming from their father/mother(not sure what you are and I don't want to be sexist).

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
some kid that was arrested at football ppractice and has a 5 year deferred sentence was just taken.

People keep using that as a crutch for Bray and it's just not true. Worley is not a real mobile QB and he is considered the starter right now. Jones would have adjusted the offense to fit his starting QBs skillset.

Bray would have clashed with Jones worse than Dooley.

Me too. He was really put in a no win situation. He wasn't really ready to go to the NFL yet, but as a pocket passer, there wasn't a place for him here anymore because Jones runs the spread option. I still think talking a shot at the NFL this year was his best option because watching from the sidelines as the coach installs an offense he didn't fit into wasn't going to help his stock one bit.

He would have been fine this year. He would most likely have started. Even though CBJ's offense would prefer a more mobile QB, TB would have excelled throwing it around in the spread. There was a lot of things I didn't like about Bray, but he is a talented QB.

Bray and Rogers both had the talent to be 1st or 2nd round picks if they would have put their mind to it and matured.

So, there are no bad kids with bad parenting? Just bad teachers? Sure, blame it on the teachers. Why not?

Lol. I was only answering the question I was asked. Lots of factors go into good or bad kids. I wasn't trying to blame teachers for bad kids, but they DO play their part in the development of every kid they ever teach good, and bad.

The man limped his way back onto the field after an injury in the MS State game and played another down.

The man played another down after he broke his hand in the Georgia game. They had to make him come off the field.

He put up record numbers and had to sit and watch as our defense kept him out of national attention.

We have all seen him shed tears over a loss.

He took beating after beating while wearing a UT jersey.

HE WORE THE ORANGE!!!!!!!!

You people talk about him like he purposely destroyed everything that is UT. You talk about him like he was constantly getting arrested for drugs and alcohol and spitting on UT. Did everyone forget the talk of him crying outside the locker room after the loss against UGA this past year? A game where we put up 44 points but allowed 51. Bray was a good QB.

If Bray has pro success every one of you will suddenly be Bray fans. I've never heard him say a negative word about UT or any of its fans. He is going to be in the pros representing our school. Quit being douchebags and support him.

It's seriously embarrassing.

As far as "I've never heard him say a negative word about UT or any of its fans", you obviously don't follow him on Twitter. He did just that back in October. It's just one of the many immature things that go hand in hand with his immense talent.

No mention of the KY game in '11 or the Vandy game in '12. OP paints an overly rosy picture of Bray's time at UT. He was a good player with a lot more potential than accomplishments, and his off the field issues and sideline antics were constantly frustrating in light of the overwhelming natural talent that he had been given.

Yes he's a VFL, and he deserves to be supported to an extent by fans. There were times when he showed flashes of toughness and incredible determination, then he would follow it with flashes of the opposite. It was frustrating to most Vol fans who like and appreciate football - and wanted him to exceed and be the leader on and off the field that his talent would indicate he could be.

Among Vol fans, there's just too much extreme hot and cold with Tyler to expect that there would be consensus on his time here or his future. It's ridiculous to draw a line in the sand and declare that anyone who doesn't blindly blow kisses at him are haters and anyone who tries to be supportive now are either his mother or in love with him.

He earned his opportunity to be in the NFL draft, and he earned the question marks that are associated with him now. I wish him the best, in life and his career, but I also acknowledge that he needs to grow up....fast...or he'll find himself in trouble again.

Reactions: 1 person
I dunno a lot more people seem to like the things I say than they do your constant crying and bashing of our players and coaches.

Princess.

Excuse me, Find ONE instance where I bashed a player....Just ONE TIME...As usual you are making stuff up just like when you were saying UGA fans could not wait for us to fire Dooley whom by the way you defended to his dying days on here so they could hire him...I bashed Dooley along with about a million other fans across this great country of ours and he deserved every damn bit of it and only the morons defended him...Consider yourself one of the morons. :yes:

One other thing, I am not enjoying this. I am just saying, people are too sensitive and when they cheer for TN like we do, they cannot make an evaluation of a player without the orange tinted glasses. My main complaint is people ripping other people, because I or somebody might say, hey Bray has issues and he hurt TN in his career here and I maybe we do not like the time he QB, because TN lost a lot. He is not totally to blame, but he had some issues that led to some loses. So there you have it, I don't hate him, I hate the Bray years or Dooley years or whatever you want to call it.

I didn't mean to quote you specially.

At this point might be better to be a free agent. You can at least pick the team you want.

The only thing holding Leon Sandcastle from being picked his the fact that he doesn't have valid ID papers.

Really? He found the one fan who hit him with ice and gave him the finger? Thinking that he would know it was specifically meant for him? Come on now. Take off the crimson glasses for just one second.

He wasn't on the field running around with his middle finger up. He got hit and turned around and gave a salute. Whether he knew exactly who hit him or not, he was responding to being hit with a cup of ice.

Quit pretending like it equates to taunting.

I don't know about you guys but I blame his parents I mean they clearly let him down...how about before you crush someones parents you list all the things your kids have done wrong.

As a child my father wasn't scared to discipline me in any way he believed my behavior merited. I asked him why once, and he told me that I represented him, my behavior and what others thought of me reflected directly and solely on him. Also, that because he loves me that he knows how and when not to go over board, and if he didn't teach me the lesson than someone out on the street will. That person will not care about going to far. Anyway, for all my father had and his accomplishments, as a child I never saw more pride on his, and my mothers, face when someone complimented his children's behavior.

I know there r a lot of schools of thoughts on parenting, but I wouldn't trade the way I was reared for any of them. Am I perfect...no. But if I had the opportunity to be the QB for UT, I behaved the way bray did, and my rep was like his my father would be embarrassed and still wouldn't be scared to put me in place the best way he saw fit.

I didn't mean to quote you specially.

But do you understand what I am saying, on the Ainge and Bray thread a poster did a great job of describing the issues with bray, it is okay to have problems with a player. I am just sick of all the Bray love, no other QB has a worse record for TN over the last 20 years then Bray and yes he is not the only reason for it, but he did not help his case.

At this point might be better to be a free agent. You can at least pick the team you want.

With teams almost looking to be making an example out of Rogers/Bray, who's to say they would even be invited to camp as a UFA? Crazy as it sounds, it sure looks like a message is being sent.

VN Store

Back