Tyler Bray still undrafted (merged)

ATTITUDE, ATTITUDE, ATTITUDE. The NFL knows what we already know, the kid cannot read a defense, can't call an audible and his work ethic stinks.

Reactions: 3 people
I honestly don't know whats going on. Tyler has more talent than alot of these qb's being taken. Do any of yall think its a possibility that all the weight he gained in just a few months gave some teams a red flag? You can't help but question it.

I guess the trend is moving toward dual threats, i.e., Vick, RG111, etc.

Simple fix, just don't call an option play. See how easy that was?

What's really the point of setting aside your whole system for a year though? If you're going to be a spread option coach, be one. If you're a pro style guy be that. All I am saying is that if Bray had remained the QB at UT next year, one way or another you were going to be trying to jam a square peg in a round hole. Either you have Jones sticking by his guns and going with the option and forcing Bray to try and run that or you have Jones being forced out of his comfort zone to accommodate Bray for a single season. As much as I hate the spread option, if that's what Jones knows and is capable of being successful with, then we may as well just go ahead and make the jump from day one. All along there were going to be some growing pains and odd-fitting personnel, but IMO it's better to just bite the bullet and get that out of the way early in what was likely to be pretty much a lost season in 2013 anyway. To me, Bray leaving was probably the best option for all parties involved.

Is it possible that after maybe the 5th round or so bray and his agent stopped taking calls and decided to try their hand at free agency? Or am I reaching? I am stund that no body wanted to take a chance on bray. I am just as stund that David Rickey is still on the board as well as a white lighting.

The Cowboy's WR coach must be feeling a bit of vengeful satisfaction at the moment.

Players with the level of talent seen in Bray and D. Rogers doesn't go unnoticed by NFL scouts. They have probably been on the pro's radar since they were 19.

Dooley, Cheney, Baggett and a host of other coaches were more than likely interviewed and THAT is why those two could be un-drafted free agents come Monday.

You can't spend 3 years pissing off the boss and then expect a glowing recommendation.

With that being said, congratulations to Hunter, Patterson, Thomas and Rivera!

Reactions: 1 person
I feel badly for him, but it may be better for him now. Absolutely no pressure and he can tryout for different teams and earn a spot hopefully.

I believe he has such a high ceiling but he's not ever shown that tenacious commitment that pros need. I cannot believe he did not get drafted.

Nonetheless, I hope for the best Tyler.

VFL

There is a reason why he only had one other scholarship offer other than UT. I appreciate his time he put in on the hill, but he is his own worst enemy. He is going to go undrafted to no one's fault but his own. He chose to not listen to coaches, not to study, and to think that he was above all the rules. Dooley enabled him and is now out as head coach because of it. These two will be forever tied to the worst times in our history.

Reactions: 4 people
Bray to go on US tour of Carnivals demonstrating his amazing 'bottle arm' at the Midway Sponsored by Bill Polian, who had little good to say about him at the draft..

VN Store

Back