Tyler Bray still undrafted (merged)

Off the field issues?

Like what? Throwing a beer bottle? If that's the worst of it then I'm a terrible person.

His immaturity, the way he acted on the field and way he talked to coach's was my issue. The crap he pulled on the field when we scored on Vandy was a disgrace. Staring over at the sideline and Coach's and his whole demeanor. Like I said I would have loved to see how much better he would have developed and grown up under CBJ and the new staff. Would have been huge for Tyler and really helped him.

Off the field issues?

Like what? Throwing a beer bottle? If that's the worst of it then I'm a terrible person.

Dooley had a losing record.
Sal had a losing record.
CP had a losing record
Hunter had a losing record.
They seemed to find jobs ok, no I in the word Team.
He's a QB he record weighs more. Field General loses a battle he takes the loss more that the gunner.

Those outraged by the kidding, chill pill please. Bray WILL sign a free agent contract and be in a camp. He will probably get a nice signing bonus that he would not have received drafted in the bottom 20 or so in the draft. Bray will make more $$$ next year than 95% on here so I do not feel too bad for him. Now let the kidding and sarcasm recommence, I like the chuckles.....

In Brays case., it does not.

He did not put in the effort and hard work to suceed.

I do feel sorry for Zack Rogers. He worked his butt off and had a good senior year.

What the hell kind of evidence do you have that this is the case? With his buffoon of a coach, and that swiss cheese defense, it didn't matter how hard he worked, he wasn't ever going to be successful (from a W/L standpoint) while he was at UT.

Reactions: 1 person
Tyler Bray Gruden's QB Camp (Full Episode) - YouTube

Around 16:00 is the worst I think. Gruden asks why don't you check down and Tyler basically says if I had just thrown the ball better into double coverage it wouldn't have been intercepted.

Just watched the whole thing. I think Gruden is showing in that video how you have to coach a guy like Tyler. If Gruden had come and Tyler had stayed, I think he would've experienced a Crompton-like resurgence next year.

Reactions: 2 people
In Brays case., it does not.

He did not put in the effort and hard work to be successful

I do feel sorry for Zack Rogers. He worked his butt off and had a good senior year.

I agree and really hope Zach can catch on and do well in the NFL. Honestly he is Peyton's kind of WR and would love to see Denver offer him a FA contract. Learning from Peyton, Welker and Decker would be great for him.

Don't blame Bray for leaving early but the fact he never beat anyone worth a crap had to show the NFL something along with the off field issues.

Trying to get likes by being humorous is sad. Especially when your comments are ignorant at most.

You can throw a tantrum all you want. The fact remains that GM's and reputable analysts never projected Bray as a high pick. UT fans on Vol internet boards did, and that is why they aren't employed by NFL teams.

Reactions: 5 people
So it's brays fault the defense sucked last season therefore it is his fault he had to score at will just to compete? Come on man

It's been said by an insider that the coaches would be pissed with bray after games cause he wouldn't check down and keep to the gameplan. Which was in place to help the deficiencies on the D.

Also, the D didn't fumble the ball at the end of the USCjr or miss st game, and didn't drop the easy pass for a TD in the Georgia game. Going into the season the O was suppose to get us through the games while the D transitioned to the 3-4. The O made key mistakes too. At the end of the day Bray was the QB and he needed to put the team on his shoulders no matter how many pts he put up or yards. He failed there and obviously the professionals saw that.

I agree and really hope Zach can catch on and do well in the NFL. Honestly he is Peyton's kind of WR and would love to see Denver offer him a FA contract. Learning from Peyton, Welker and Decker would be great for him.

Denver would be a.good spot for Zack.
I do hope he lands somewhere. I think.hw has the ability and heart to be successful in the NFL.

Those outraged by the kidding, chill pill please. Bray WILL sign a free agent contract and be in a camp. He will probably get a nice signing bonus that he would not have received drafted in the bottom 20 or so in the draft. Bray will make more $$$ next year than 95% on here so I do not feel too bad for him. Now let the kidding and sarcasm recommence, I like the chuckles.....

Right, because the amount of $$ one makes speaks volumes about them as a person

Thing about that is he doesnt go through spring practice and if he doesnt get drafted then wants to come back its not fair to the ones who busted their a$$es during spring practice. He should have honestly known he wasnt mature enough yet to be an NFL guy and it wasnt like he was getting first or second round draft evals.

Also got professional training to prepare for the draft. NCAA would never go for that.

His immaturity, the way he acted on the field and way he talked to coach's was my issue. The crap he pulled on the field when we scored on Vandy was a disgrace. Staring over at the sideline and Coach's and his whole demeanor. Like I said I would have loved to see how much better he would have developed and grown up under CBJ and the new staff. Would have been huge for Tyler and really helped him.

Dooley and his coaching staff were and will continue to be some of the biggest disgraces in the football program's history. By the time that whole situation played out, I no problem with a player showing them up on the field or trying to shame them. It's not Upward Sports, it's adult men coached other adult (albeit younger) men and respect is earned not simply given based upon age.

What the hell kind of evidence do you have that this is the case? With his buffoon of a coach, and that swiss cheese defense, it didn't matter how hard he worked, he wasn't ever going to be successful (from a W/L standpoint) while he was at UT.

How much more evidence do you need than all NFL teams doing their due diligence and not drafting a first round talent arm?

Bray and David Rickey , will both sign a free agent contract ,Somewhere . Hopefully Zach Might get a shot as well.

Both Tyler and Da'Rick cost themselves big time money . Sad Deal , BUT its on them . Stop making Excuses for them .

Well let's just see how it works out. Sound like you were predicting Bray to get drafted high or at the very least get drafted.

Having an idiot for a coach as far as winning and with the lack of any boundrys by said coach hurt him in all phases of development as a player and a man. I feel sorry he got stuck with Dooley just like the rest of us. Just with his talent it costs him more than just the frustration we feel as fans of the Vols.

He will get a FA deal. Will Tyler make a team? That's up for debate. How many qbs were drafted? They were flying in the 6th and 7th rd.

Rogers probably already has a FA deal and will make a team based on talent alone.

Well, there's the film of Tyler Bray telling John Gruden that he would rate himself as a 7 or 8 on a scale of 10 for game preparation.

Dooley should have thrown Bray to the lions and started him the whole 2010 season instead of jacking around with Simms and then playing Bray against the bottom feeders -

VN Store

Back