UT Dissed by Vegas Bettors

Let's think about this, I am going to go out on a limb and say Kentucky may have one of the worse offenses in the FBS. I will say WK is weak up front and TN runs well against them. I will also say WK has a good offense, but think about it they gave up 26 to Kentucky. Who really knows how good Kentucky is on offense. Our terrible defense with nothing to play for only gave up 17.

Tennessee players say they remember Perrino from Arkansas and they look forward to a little payback!
I expect to put the game away in the 3rd qtr and be able to play some reserves in the 4th (not a bench emptying repeat from the AP game tho)

Reactions: 2 people
Lol at the people who think we win WKU easily

I guess it is how you define "easily." I think it will be "close" for about two quarters and then we pull away and win by 10 to 21 points. We will know who is correct Saturday. WKU does not have depth, their overall talent is not at our level, and we have the home field advantage. bUTch has this team focused, wait and see.

WKU game comes down to two things. Can the Vols run the ball and can they get a pass rush on WKU QB. If they can do both this will be a UT route. If they can do neither maybe Butch doesn't get it.

Lol at the people who think we win WKU easily

This.

Petrino always has a trick or two up his sleeve. That's why he's proven time and time again that he can win with subpar talent. IMO, no fan should take this game lightly, because it's by no means AP round 2. WKU is just as good, if not better than UK, Vandy, and the rest of the bottom tier SEC teams.

WK game will be a very good indicator of where the Vols are at this point in time. I'm worried that WK exposes our back end as they will throw the ball all over the place. Jones had better have a good game plan to get to the QB or at least disrupt the timming of their passing game.They also had 2 RB's go almost 100yds each. This game scares me as the Vols are not expected to do much this year and a loss to WK will be another ESPN nightmare. If we do indeed lose we may end up at 3-9 or 4-8.
Go Vols

Tennessee players say they remember Perrino from Arkansas and they look forward to a little payback!
I expect to put the game away in the 3rd qtr and be able to play some reserves in the 4th (not a bench emptying repeat from the AP game tho)

Dana Perrino?

Wth is perrino??

WKU only outgained KY by 68 yds. Rushing yards were dead even. Yes, when they tackle they do it well but let's not give WKU too much credit. KY is a serious rebuild this year. Way More so than UT. APSU played their best football against our scrubs. It was as Butch said today...a valuable teaching tool. We will get better and better as long as the injury bug stays away. Getting Jacques and Vereen back will be a major boost as well. Worley still needs some work but I think he'll be steady all year.

I know about Jaq but when is Vereen expected back?

WKU will get some big plays throwing the ball. The key to beating them is not letting those plays get to the house. IMO they won't be able to run the ball enough to score in the red zone. Their QB needs to be pressured all day. Petrino will be moving the pocket calling quick throws so doubt we get a lot of sacks but we need a lot of hurries, and QB knock downs. If we do that we get 2-4 picks which offsets the 300 passing yards they get hopefully just between the 20's.

This.

Petrino always has a trick or two up his sleeve. That's why he's proven time and time again that he can win with subpar talent. IMO, no fan should take this game lightly, because it's by no means AP round 2. WKU is just as good, if not better than UK, Vandy, and the rest of the bottom tier SEC teams.

WKU is not near as good as vandy. Too much credit given to WKU. They aren't bad but c'mon man. I hate VU more than anyone but im just being honest. They gave up well over 400 yards to UK and 200+ yards rushing. UKs defense was awful too. It was combination of WKU being solid and UK being god awful.

Reactions: 1 person
Just more motivation. Plus the media hasn't mentioned a word about how different our team actually looked, how energetic and polished it was and that Peay hasn't been shutout since 05 (they play other SEC teams too). Instead everyone just says "Oh well it's AP" but what was impressive about yesterdays game had nothing at all to do with our opponent. A polished opener that plays that many players in the 2nd half speaks very highly of the coaches heading up the team.

Then again, they don't bother watching these games to have an informed opinion.

WKU is not near as good as vandy. Too much credit given to WKU. They aren't bad but c'mon man. I hate VU more than anyone but im just being honest. They gave up well over 400 yards to UK and 200+ yards rushing. UKs defense was awful too. It was combination of WKU being solid and UK being god awful.

I whole heartedly disagree with this statement. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure Vandy isn't nearly as good as they think they are. Not even pre Rapegate.

Well, the joke IS kind of lame and out-dated but, and I don't think anyone has posted it but, "VEGAS HATES US!"

This team couldn't cover Saturday against the little sisters of the weak. What do you expect?

Not couldnt.... didn't. Could've easily scored 60-65 pts had the starters played more than a half.

Not couldnt.... didn't. Could've easily scored 60-65 pts had the starters played more than a half.

You sir are correct. Some people just don't get it. Obviously if we kept the starters in, they would have scored more. DUH!

As was said, Vegas doesn't make the line on their own. They pay attention to public perception of a team and adjust the line to manipulate how they hope bets will be placed. The fact that they had to drop the line to lure more UT's way, tells me they like WKU in this game . Some bookies make their living on reverse psychology, but this is the best metric you can hope for in an unpredictable sport.

I'm a TN fan but even the most diehard would admit Tennessee is one of the worst teams ATS in the nation over the last decade.

I'm a TN fan but even the most diehard would admit Tennessee is one of the worst teams ATS in the nation over the last decade.

I wouldn't touch TN with a ten foot pole. Historically ,one week you get the Patriots show up and the next you get Girls Prep School.

Opening line vs. WKU was -13.5.

In 2 hours, moved to -9.

I WATCHED the entire WKU game and they are a tight, well-coached outfit. I thought the line would be 8-9 or rather I thought that that is what it should be. The Vols will need to play a relatively mistake-proof game to beat these guys. Petrino may be weird, but that boy can coach offence. This game will NOT be a walkover- buckle that chinstrap Vol Nation.

VN Store

Back