UT is #2 seed in Midwest, play St Peters Thurs 9:20pm (TNT) in Charlotte

I hope so but with this team who knows and they play down to their competition a lot.
Er they didn’t lose any quadrant 3 or 4 games…it’s about the matchups. Tennessee struggled against one kind of team consistently this year - a team with a dominant big who beats up on Aidoo and whose guards can shoot threes. Other teams we pretty much handled or they had to shoot like 60% from 3.

Cal was right. It's pointless. It still sucks to lose though.
That’s what amazes me, is how opposed to the stupid tournament I was yet how angry I was by the loss. I’m sure a lot of it was the way we lost and going into the dance I’m a shooting slump, but I was still angrier than expected. I prepped myself all week for it to no avail.

Auburn won't beat UConn. They are good but I think UConn is too good for them. That is "if" Auburn makes Sweet 16 but I think they can. Tennessee is likely going to make Sweet 16 but we have been inconsistent. Key will be whether they can beat Creighton or not.
They both will concentrate on their first game. Speculative match-ups are meaningless in this one and done crapshoot. Good coaches focus on the next opponent

Maybe. Maybe not. We're better than both of them. You commented how Pearl was a better tournament coach than Barnes after the SEC tournament final. That's actually TBD. They're both still coaching. While Barnes has some years on Pearl in actual age, he's much healthier and fit at 70 than Pearl at 63. They are a 4 seed. We are a 2 seed. We played a tougher non conference schedule and then beat their ass in league play. What did winning the SEC tournament do for Pearl and Auburn? Pat on the back. They won arguably the best conference's end of season tournament and gained nothing for the NCAA. I suppose they can hang a banner. Pearl is a good coach.
I think Auburn is one of the five best teams in the country right now. The problem for them is three of the others are also in the East Region - UConn, Illinois, and Iowa State.

Crap, I bought the afternoon session last week figuring UNC would get the evening game and we'd be playing in the afternoon.

Reactions: ATC_VOL

VN Store

Back