UT is #2 seed in Midwest, play St Peters Thurs 9:20pm (TNT) in Charlotte

I thought they were being honest with their assessments. Tenn has not played good or consistent of late and our track record in the tourney can't be ignored. I felt as they went around each regional, they were pretty honest and on par with how I felt...they were reluctant to pick a winner and spent time on decent teams that could win. My take from what they said is this whole tournament is wide open because of parity. My problem with the Vols is you never know what team is going to show up

I’m no fan of most ESPN personalities, Bilas and the rest are arrogant d-wads.

But they were pretty spot on with their assessments on the bracket during the show. The only thing I take exception to is the slurping of Edey as “hands down the player of the year, not even close”.

With that, I add:

Attachments

• IMG_1525.jpeg
    IMG_1525.jpeg
    645.3 KB · Views: 10
They should consider dropping the tournament and increasing the regular season so everyone plays home and away.

A 19/20 game conference schedule is plenty. And how many overall--32 or so? If the dropped the tourney and added 1 conference game, I'd be for it. The conference tourneys are stupid and useless--but I doubt they get rid of them.

St. Peter's ranks 187th on KenPom. Their offense is 305th, but their defense is 76th.

They're 338th in tempo.
I think they're offense being terrible is what makes me not really worried about this game. You need to have a very good offense to beat us for the most part. Tempo is another thing though, shortening the game has given us some trouble, like USCe at home.

I’m no fan of most ESPN personalities, Bilas and the rest are arrogant d-wads.

But they were pretty spot on with their assessments on the bracket during the show. The only thing I take exception to is the slurping of Edey as “hands down the player of the year, not even close”.

With that, I add:
Until last April, Bilas almost always was positive towards us. Since we manhandled and beat Duke's ass, he seems to have an agenda against us. Not so professional of him in his job

I'd be shocked if Burns had gas in the tank halfway thru the 1st half. Kentucky will be straight gas. They did hang with UNC tho
An unnoticed body check here and there could go a long way😉 He's a force offensively, but no way his fat ass could handle Barnes

I'm pissed, they clearly create these brackets for storyline and nothing else.

Last year's Cinderella as the 15? Purdue, Kansas, SCar again? TWO ultra-physical teams in Creighton and UVA? Texas v. Barnes?

Meanwhile UNC got a free promotion and the easiest draw of all the #1 seeds.

I think they're offense being terrible is what makes me not really worried about this game. You need to have a very good offense to beat us for the most part. Tempo is another thing though, shortening the game has given us some trouble, like USCe at home.
It is easy to dissect the opponent and find a reason of concern. The fact is, TN should win by 20 with a double digit lead by the 12 min mark of second half. Our talent should take over.

Until last April, Bilas almost always was positive towards us. Since we manhandled and beat Duke's ass, he seems to have an agenda against us. Not so professional of him in his job
Not sure what the fuss is. None of them picked us to be an upset special although they all thought Purdue has the easiest path of the #1’s. At the end of the show, Williams picked us in the final game losing to UConn. Bilas picked us in his Elite 8 but losing to Purdue. Personally I think Purdue is gone before that.

Well, he kind of was a thug, basketball wise. Bilas knew good and damn well why Plavsic was in the game. Bilas was pitiful painting him that way. Bilas himself, played that role for Duke in 1986, although much less effective
I mean he fouled hard and earned his fouls. Only had maybe one flagrant. He pushed the limits but was still usually a basketball play.

Yet Bilas and others were acting like he was tripping dudes like the Dukies, elbowing guys in the face like Omar Payne or pulling a guy down while going up for a basket. Texas has that one guy, Cunningham I think, who is way worse.

I mean he fouled hard and earned his fouls. Only had maybe one flagrant. He pushed the limits but was still usually a basketball play.

Yet Bilas and others were acting like he was tripping dudes like the Dukies, elbowing guys in the face like Omar Payne or pulling a guy down while going up for a basket. Texas has that one guy, Cunningham I think, who is way worse.
Yeah, Uros never got remotely close to the dirty play of Grayson Allen. Not in the ballpark

Reactions: oldaaucoach
Depends on the matchups. That you show so little regard and respect for an All SEC player who contributed mightily to our conference championship speaks volumes as to your low class comment
I'm stating facts. He plays a good game and then disappears the next few games. That comment is not low class. I know what I see

VN Store

Back