UT is #2 seed in Midwest, play St Peters Thurs 9:20pm (TNT) in Charlotte

Not a bad draw.

Virginia shouldn’t even be in the tournament. Texas and Colorado State are appropriately seeded.

Several times in the past few years this same mentality was shared. And that "shouldn't be here" team made it to Sweet 16 round...so I guess they shoulda been there.

And of all the play-in seeds this year Virginia is probably the scariest of them all, and probably should not even have to be in a play-in

All 3 hosts picked us for the e8 and one picked us to beat UK in the final 4 to reach the title game. Let's stop all the respect talk

You mean like how all the hosts picked UT to beat UK last Saturday, and then all the host before the Miss St game on Fri picked UT?

There's lots of negatives about getting older, but one of the benefits is realizing how these "experts" and "hosts" are just filling air time and talking out of their rears. And some even make crazy statements and picks just to increase rating/views/clicks/whatever

LOL OMG ESPN's post-bracket breakdown show was great. Waited 15 minutes for them to get to the Midwest region, and -

"Purdue's draw is definitely the easiest of any of the #1 seeds."
"I like Purdue's draw a lot."
"Zach Edey is the obvious national player of the year."

Then they went to the bottom half of the bracket, spent enough time to point out that Rick Barnes was from Hickory, North Carolina, which is near Charlotte, and then spent the rest of the segment glowing up Creighton as the biggest threat in the bottom half of the bracket. Reece Davis tried to bring up Tennessee, and both Seth and Jay ignored his comment and kept right on talking about Purdue and their ability to win it all.

Never change, ESPN. Never change.
I watched the whole thing ... my gosh it was 75% commercial and nonsense. The basketball content was also ran. Can't imagine paying for cable just to get crap like that.

I’m a self confessed dullard so take anything I say for the half grain of salt it’s worth, but I suspect Purdue doesn’t make it past the S16. They’ve relied heavily on Edey being officiated by the B10 as if he’s a piece of glass that could break in half at any moment. Suspect the officiating won’t favor him as much in the big dance.
Agree. I went to the Purdue -Rutgers game this year. Edey is a statue who never leaves 6 feet from the basket - on both ends of the court. I’d go at him with multiple drives and try to get him in foul trouble early. Could also dump off to his backside. He is tough to defend down low - pure size not basketball talent.

Reactions: barney and BisonVol
A 19/20 game conference schedule is plenty. And how many overall--32 or so? If the dropped the tourney and added 1 conference game, I'd be for it. The conference tourneys are stupid and useless--but I doubt they get rid of them.
Damn, we have 16 teams now. 30 games to play everyone twice! I guess those days are over?

Reactions: livefaith
Do the board monitors use different screen names to post comments to stir the pot? That has to be the case to help increase the thread volume. If not, then there are a lot of trolls or miserable people on this board.
I think it's Johnny's legions of the miserable. We literally were chosen 5th best team in the nation, and people are wringing their hands about how we suck. What a pitiful view of life.

I'm stating facts. He plays a good game and then disappears the next few games. That comment is not low class. I know what I see
Our last 5 games in the SEC were against Texas A&M, Auburn, Alabama, South Carolina and Kentucky. All NCAA teams. We went 4-1 in that gauntlet. Aidoo had 18 and 14, 14 and 7, 12 and 7, 14 and 9, 11 and 8 in those games. Go see an optometrist

Damn, we have 16 teams now. 30 games to play everyone twice! I guess those days are over?
I'm all for it. Honestly, I couldn't be happier about our OOC schedule. It has been unbelievable for the past 5 or 6 years. But dump the stupid tourney, or maybe have a runoff to determine the single winner of the conference between a tie. But adding another OOC or 2 instead of rehashing teams that we've payed 18 times every year is just redundantly redundant redundancy!
I would love to see a BigEast or B12 or Pac## matchup and a mid major any day over the sect

Last edited:
Vols by 15 control majority of game. How far we advance does come down to Vescovi and James and Aidoo. I believe Dalton and ZZ will come through every game. Tournament becomes make or miss Tournament. In CHRST Alone

Zeigler vs Zeigler

UT vs UT

Barnes vs his old school

Chance for redemption vs Purdue

Runner-up POTY vs POTY

Chance for first ever Final Four for Barnes & Tennessee

It's a TV execs wet dream
You forgot round 1 Protestant v Catholic as Rick goes for redemption against the heretics. That should sell.

Reactions: EasternVol
You can’t be a Cinderella twice. St Peter’s’ secret is out. Vols will be ready. The hunger will reach a fever pitch after that performance in Nashville.
If there's one thing about this tournament it is that anything can happen. It seems to get more wide open each year. A 15 has beaten a 2 in each of the last 3 tournaments and 7 times total during the last 11.

Having said that, you could knock me over with a feather if St Peter's wins, particularly because they've "already" been a Cinderella and that tends to not happen twice, but you could say the same thing when Princeton beat Arizona last year, when UK lost to them, or when Oral Roberts beat Ohio St.

VN Store

Back