Vaccine or not?

The bulk of the infected people did not require hospital care, but among the five that did, four were fully vaccinated.
So the 5th person was unvaccinated?

So 4 vaccinated went to the hospital and only one unvaccinated person went.
74% of the people infected were vaccinated, but the remaining 26% were not.

I'm not sure how this can be spun as a win for the vaccine when the unvaccinated numbers in each category are far lower.

Because acquiring the virus and becoming yet another vector to spread infection isn’t the same as getting the vaccine without spreading the virus? Not to mention possible long term effects of the infection…
Your deity now postulates that the vaccinated can spread Delta as efficiently and easily as the unvaccinated, combined with an efficacy rate of roughly 85% for the two dose options and much lower efficacy for the J&J dose the vectors of death are not limited to the unvaccinated alone. I’d also love to see what % of the unvaccinated are from people with known recovery and natural antibodies. I’d wager that number is approaching if not north of 50% and I’d wager that the portion of the population are not serving as vectors today.

So the 5th person was unvaccinated?

So 4 vaccinated went to the hospital and only one unvaccinated person went.
74% of the people infected were vaccinated, but the remaining 26% were not.

I'm not sure how this can be spun as a win for the vaccine when the unvaccinated numbers in each category are far lower.
what you have is a very large cohort of predominantly vaccinated individuals come into contact with the delta variant that per cdc has the same fatality rate as previous strains and had no deaths reported. While you are correct that there were also no deaths and only 1 hospitalization among unvaccinated this is an outbreak study and these two groups are not matched based on age, comorbidities, etc. Last year I would get angry at democrats attacking desantis when they would compare deaths in Florida with death in blue states when Florida has a much older and on average sicker population. You can assume that given elderly and those with comorbidities are more likely to be vaccinated in Massachusetts that they would be higher risk of hospitalization but this study doesn’t break down the two groups. What I take from this is that you had a large outbreak in a primarily vaccinated population and not a single person died. This seems to be different from outbreaks in less vaccinated populations throughout the US. Also an update from the town manager nearby

Reactions: Rifleman
My wife just put two middle-aged, otherwise healthy people in body bags today who thought the same thing.
Testimonials don’t statistical odds make. Sure people of relatively great health and young age will die, but that is not the statistical norm. For there to be a 1 in 10,000 chance of dying the 1 has to die.

I don’t believe anything I hear anymore regarding covid.
I just read an article that said the vaccines are still working great, but that the unvaccinated are causing them to fail.

At this point it's undeniable that mainstream media is nothing more then a weapon of the deep state. That is quite obvious.

Few hospitalizations, no deaths isn’t a win?
Except the vaccinated were 1/3rd more likely to wind up in the hospital than the unvaccinated. 4 hospitalizations out of 346 vaccinated infections = 1.2%, 1 hospitalization out of 123 unvaccinated infections = 0.8%. On top of the fact that the initial infections were 3x higher amongst vaccinated than unvaccinated.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
what you have is a very large cohort of predominantly vaccinated individuals come into contact with the delta variant that per cdc has the same fatality rate as previous strains and had no deaths reported. While you are correct that there were also no deaths and only 1 hospitalization among unvaccinated this is an outbreak study and these two groups are not matched based on age, comorbidities, etc. Last year I would get angry at democrats attacking desantis when they would compare deaths in Florida with death in blue states when Florida has a much older and on average sicker population. You can assume that given elderly and those with comorbidities are more likely to be vaccinated in Massachusetts that they would be higher risk of hospitalization but this study doesn’t break down the two groups. What I take from this is that you had a large outbreak in a primarily vaccinated population and not a single person died. This seems to be different from outbreaks in less vaccinated populations throughout the US. Also an update from the town manager nearby

That runs counter to how these viruses normally operate. They may start off more deadly, but they gradually become more easily transmissible, yet less deadly because its a way of not killing the host body.

That runs counter to how these viruses normally operate. They may start off more deadly, but they gradually become more easily transmissible, yet less deadly because its a way of not killing the host body.
The cdc is reporting that it is as deadly and much more transmissable per there slides from this week.
1627696753128.jpegthat partially explains the sudden drops in the UK and India. don’t know how the cdc though is coming up with this data though.

Maybe you better check which state(currently) has the highest infection rate in the country.

PS. I never commented on how NY handled it, you put those words in my mouth. MY comments were about the DA in Floridaaaahhh.

Consider the other point - how many people travel to NY for a good time vs how many travel to FL for a good time ... connecting flights don't count. Feet on the ground for fun and sun, and what do they potentially bring with them other than luggage and "this isn't how we do it back home".

Pfizer says immunity drops to 83% within four months in people who got its COVID-19 shot, further bolstering the company case for a booster (yahoo.com)

So here is the deal: it's not a vaccine, it's a booster.

You can call this a vaccine all day long but its a lie.

They would have been so much better if they were simply honest and said this will help greatly reduce your chances of getting it or having serious issues when you get it, but instead they pretended it was bulletproof and provided total immunity.

It does not.

This is one reason they are heading back to the mask mandate because they simply lied and it's not becoming obvious.
Or maybe Pfizer wants to sell some "booster shots"

Reactions: Carl Pickens
I mean lol at this clown show. It’s becoming clearer that the vaccinated are one of the major reasons for the delta variant. Even Dr Robert Malone hinted at this. But everyone should mask up until everyone is vaccinated. And there are still sheep believing this BS?

It’s really sad that people are made to feel embarrassed about getting the vaccine, that they are letting their family down.
Such backwards thinking.

38DB2D5F-BA38-42A7-BDDB-44537282D55F.jpeg

Reactions: overseasorange2
I mean lol at this clown show. It’s becoming clearer that the vaccinated are one of the major reasons for the delta variant. Even Dr Robert Malone hinted at this. But everyone should mask up until everyone is vaccinated. And there are still sheep believing this BS?

Delta was first seen in India in December 2020 when no one there was vaccinated.

The mRNA vaccines are different, you are right, but in a good way. They actually teach our immune systems to recognize the pathogen without ever injecting a virus fragment to trigger the immune response.

And you are wrong to say that RNA/DNA is altered by this vaccine since the vaccine does not enter the cell’s nucleus. You can’t affect the body‘s natural RNA/DNA without invading the cell nucleus
Altering is probably a poor choice of wording I can agree there. But the fact is there isn't much in the way of actual data/science to lean on for safety. We have no idea what lung term effects may be.

Not saying it's the case here for sure but sometimes the remedy is more harmful than the ailment. I'm leaning toward getting the vaccine reluctantly. Will likely get it early to middle of the week. I just hate the position in which we find ourselves.

It’s really sad that people are made to feel embarrassed about getting the vaccine, that they are letting their family down.
Such backwards thinking.

View attachment 383878
It's sad anybody is made to feel embarrassed for a personal decision they make for themselves once they weigh the possible risk vs reward. Why do we need to qualify which side they settled on? Think like me or you're wrong?

The simple fact is covid is here to stay, it's the new flu. Vaccinated or not it's not going anywhere and there nothing you or I can do to change that.... And that includes getting vaxxed

VN Store

Back