Vaccine or not?

I think this is one thing almost everyone here agrees on. The WHO, CDC, NIH, and hell even other country wide institutions like NHS, and both Trump and Biden and other world leaders have all done a piss poor job communicating on this thing.

They have, but there is a bit more to it. I was involved in diagnostics at Three Mile Island starting the day after the accident; the nuclear industry went through very similar circumstances with respect to reporting and public perception and disbelief. In the beginning you don't know everything - in this case the Chinese had a lot to do with that in that both by coverup and by lies. As information becomes more available and as things become more clear from events and observation, reports and recommendations will naturally change. The problem is that the press will use that evolution to sensationalize events and to portray those who really are attempting to manage the situation in doubt - that's not even counting people who just normally doubt anybody and anything. Those three letter agencies are bureaucracies, and it's hard to get something definitive from a bureaucracy in the best of times - bureaucracies are all about self perpetuation of the organism (the bureaucracy) just like a virus - it's about them and not who they they supposedly serve.

Newsflash..DC has destroyed any credibility for anything with their constant lies and manipulation.
Time for CNN and MSNBC to retrieve some graphics to display daily COVID numbers.

it started with lies about masks don’t work to keep people from hoarding masks and keep them available from medical workers. Their advice on masks alone changes every 30 minutes. How are we supposed to believe anything we’re told.
The death tracking disappeared right after the election. Not a coincidence in my opinion.

That’s why I just read the stats and avoid the commentary.

For people too lazy to dig through all that.

“Tennessee is seeing an increase in cases and a lack of ICU beds. Knox County recently saw a large spike in active cases, doubling in a week, according to the state’s website. Tennessee’s ICU beds are also nearly at full capacity as well, state health officials say.”

Wait, you mean it's not the new big scare, and the hospitals are really laying off staff because it's mostly fictional cases? Seems like we've been here before and been insured later that the history was fake news.

Hate to break this to you, but it is a known fact that the northerners have been moving south, especially Florida, for the last couple of generations, and it isn't for the politics. Dream on....

Yeah, but that plague of northern locusts moving south is all about changing the politics ... and not for the better.

Reactions: overseasorange2
it started with lies about masks don’t work to keep people from hoarding masks and keep them available from medical workers. Their advice on masks alone changes every 30 minutes. How are we supposed to believe anything we’re told.
The death tracking disappeared right after the election. Not a coincidence in my opinion.

That’s why I just read the stats and avoid the commentary.

I check the Hamilton county numbers, well from there and concerned for my Mom. Statistically I have <1% chance of being a fatality in my demographic. I never bought into the comparison to the flu early on, but I was about 40 YO and got the real flu one time and after I said to myself "I can see how this could kill oneself"

This bug is just insidiuos enough to disrupt our lives, well-being, and freedoms without being full health terror.

No one is uncomfortable or defensive. We're just calling you a bulls#!tter...
200w.gif

giphy.gif

Wait, you mean it's not the new big scare, and the hospitals are really laying off staff because it's mostly fictional cases? Seems like we've been here before and been insured later that the history was fake news.
No
I believe it’s an unknown that’s still quite a bit scary. There are no staff layoffs in the hospitals. ICU is working overtime right now. What I’m saying is this spike will pass just like the last one did. If a business says you need a mask then put one on. If they don’t then don’t. Everyone should live their life the best they can but let’s not pretend that this thing isn’t killing people.

Reactions: AM64
No
I believe it’s an unknown that’s still quite a bit scary. There are no staff layoffs in the hospitals. ICU is working overtime right now. What I’m saying is this spike will pass just like the last one did. If a business says you need a mask then put one on. If they don’t then don’t. Everyone should live their life the best they can but let’s not pretend that this thing isn’t killing people.
Most people with common sense realize that is the case. The issue has always been the overzealous methods and tactics being used. The deceptive and contradictory information from the "experts" isn't helping, either.

I check the Hamilton county numbers, well from there and concerned for my Mom. Statistically I have <1% chance of being a fatality in my demographic. I never bought into the comparison to the flu early on, but I was about 40 YO and got the real flu one time and after I said to myself "I can see how this could kill oneself"

This bug is just insidiuos enough to disrupt our lives, well-being, and freedoms without being full health terror.
Exactly.
The death rate isn’t that scary if it wasn’t more contagious than the common cold. When looking at the hospital numbers everyone seems to forget this isn’t a long term illness. We could be near out of beds today but back at a comfortable level it 2 weeks.

Most people with common sense realize that is the case. The issue has always been the overzealous methods and tactics being used. The deceptive and contradictory information from the "experts" isn't helping, either.
Which brings me right back to people should live their lives.

No

I maybe should have used some blue; I'm with you, and prodding posters who claimed ICUs never filled up and all the original hullabaloo was fiction. I had quit wearing a mask for the last couple of months (got both vaccinations earlier in the year); I'm going back to a mask - I believe in defense in depth. I also believe that while people talk about individual liberties - like a motorcycle rider choosing to wear or not wear a helmet that it makes a difference to society as a whole. The rider may pay the most for an accident, but we all pay with insurance rates, etc - nothing in life really happens in a vacuum.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
RIP:cool:

Don't need to live in a bubble. I have been vaccinated. Just got back from Hawaii. How about you?
200w.gif
Exactly.
I went to Gatlinburg late may. Saw Jimmy Buffet in Nashville a couple weeks back and I’m seeing Zac Brown Band at Jones Beach in New York in September.

Provided Net York doesn’t lock down and keep me out

I maybe should have used some blue; I'm with you, and prodding posters who claimed ICUs never filled up and all the original hullabaloo was fiction. I had quit wearing a mask for the last couple of months (got both vaccinations earlier in the year); I'm going back to a mask - I believe in defense in depth. I also believe that while people talk about individual liberties - like a motorcycle rider choosing to wear or not wear a helmet that it makes a difference to society as a whole. The rider may pay the most for an accident, but we all pay with insurance rates, etc - nothing in life really happens in a vacuum.
For some reason my comprehension is busted today

Exactly.
The death rate isn’t that scary if it wasn’t more contagious than the common cold. When looking at the hospital numbers everyone seems to forget this isn’t a long term illness. We could be near out of beds today but back at a comfortable level it 2 weeks.

Yeah..2 weeks. the Big Lie last year.
Wouldnt you think DC would demand an investigation into this historic national event?

Yeah..2 weeks. the Big Lie last year.
Wouldnt you think DC would demand an investigation into this historic national event?

We’ve (as a society) have been throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks for over a year now. We still don’t know what to do.

VN Store

Back