Vaccine or not?

I'd be concerned if the number of vaccinated hospitalizations were rising at the rate of the unvaccinated.
Isnt it? What's been the delta in percentages in relation to the relative populations over time?

You are again making assumptions without presenting the data to back it up.

Glad you acknowledge the substantial overlap between idiot antivaxxers and idiot gun nuts.
No one will ever take you seriously with comments like these. I’m thoroughly convinced that you have no intentions to rationally argue a point in attempt to change minds, only to troll.
Edited to say that this isn’t exclusive to you. There are too many posters here that only look to hurl insults at the “opposing side”.

Reactions: StarRaider
Yes -- should have mentioned our health system (in South Carolina) was at zero COVID-19-positive inpatients a month or so ago. First time we'd been there in over a year -- and now admissions are surging again.
So we’re approaching herd immunity

I heard on the radio today in a news break, that Biden was a month late, but finally 70% of the populace had at least one shot of vax. Interesting as we hear cases are worse than the highwater mark.

I heard on the radio today in a news break, that Biden was a month late, but finally 70% of the populace had at least one shot of vax. Interesting as we hear cases are worse than the highwater mark.
It's weird to see a drop down to zero, then a spike even as vaccinations go up. Most places were wide open before they reached zero or their low. So it's not a change of habit. It would only make sense for cases to go up if there was an influx of population. Or if the virus gives zero effs.

Reactions: deezvols
You define the situation to suit your stance, just as he did. Should he have ignored your post as deflection?

Or should everyone admit that there are multiple valid stances to take and address?

Sure. If somebody pins me down on something clearly erroneous and I try to change the subject rather than own it, they’re more than welcome to ignore the attempt.

It's weird to see a drop down to zero, then a spike even as vaccinations go up. Most places were wide open before they reached zero or their low. So it's not a change of habit. It would only make sense for cases to go up if there was an influx of population. Or if the virus gives zero effs.
Or if the mutated strain is dissimilar enough that it is escaping immunity (vaccine and/or naturally-acquired)...

Reactions: LouderVol and AM64
You’ve got time. I don’t think the chattanooga housing bubble will burst anytime soon.
Where are you headed?

I have my parent's old house in middle TN - about halfway between Nashville and Chattanooga. My wife will also inherit her dad's house between Tullahoma and Lynchburg, It was low 90's as I recall when I left Chattanooga and 82 here a little before 5. Not as nice as our house in Chattanooga - or as large. Her dad's place has a lot more potential - more land - more remote, and room to expand easily.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
But that's the context of Covid. 36 million infected out of 330 million. ~10% (cumulative total) was enough to freak out over.

Now we arent supposed to freak out over much more than 10%? Your context seems heavily suited to whatever fits your argument rather than some established objective metric.

I was saying "may not" within the context of his hypothetical. I wasn't expressing a personal opinion.

Isnt it? What's been the delta in percentages in relation to the relative populations over time?

You are again making assumptions without presenting the data to back it up.

I've been tracking the UK, Israel, and the greater Nashville area. Unvaccinated hospitalizations are significantly higher than vaccinated. I'm not in a spot to look them up at the moment, but I can repeat what I posted earlier:

Williamson Medical Center had 0 Covid patients on 6/17. Today they have 22 with only 1 fully vaccinated.

Reactions: AM64
How many of Gibraltar's cases are fully vaccinated? I know the territory is close to fully vaxxed, but I can't find that stat. It would be pretty important to know for a tourist destination.
99% vaxed. And sitting right at 6% infected and rising

How...if 100% are vaxed and infection rate is still 1 on 10...how did the help...?? All it did was change what not a full percentage point of safety??
I understand your point now. Something somebody posted yesterday that the CDC is saying unvaccinated people are 8 times more likely to get infected than vaccinated people. That’s all I’ve seen on that.

Reactions: whodeycin85
I understand your point now. Something somebody posted yesterday that the CDC is saying unvaccinated people are 8 times more likely to get infected than vaccinated people. That’s all I’ve seen on that.
Yea see that why I question it...as i posted above. Gibraltar is 99% vaxed. Few hundred from 100% they are are at 6% infection rate...and rising.....

Yea see that why I question it...as i posted above. Gibraltar is 99% vaxed. Few hundred from 100% they are are at 6% infection rate...and rising.....

Right. I understand what you’re saying. I don’t know if it means what you’re inferring from it because the Delta variant is supposed to be more transmissible and people have gone back to something approaching normal so an apples to apples comparison would be how Delta is spreading among unvaccinated people vs. vaccinated people now.

Not saying you’re wrong, I don’t know.

A friend of mine has passed away. he had Covid with mild symptoms about 5 months ago. He died today from Covid. I’m guessing Delta but I don’t know. 52 years old and healthy with no underlying health problems that I’m aware of.

I’m so sick of this ****.

This is hard to read. I never focused on 10% of anything. I said the situation before the vaccine was concerning. It was. I don’t know where the 10% is coming from.

To be honest I wouldn't trust any statistics that a reporter includes in a story, and considering "science" today, probably less than half of what "scientists" put out. Reporters aren't bright enough to play with numbers, and "scientists" generally seem to use numbers as a means to get funding. Statistical analysis has been totally trashed in the last few decades ... if not before.

@whodeycin85

Gotcha. Thanks.

Again, the question to which I can't find an answer is how many of the recent cases are fully-vaxxed? Math would say it has to be a decent number. But given Gibraltar's transitory population and workforce, I'd be surprised if it's 100%.

VN Store

Back