Vaccine or not?

I've been tracking the UK, Israel, and the greater Nashville area. Unvaccinated hospitalizations are significantly higher than vaccinated. I'm not in a spot to look them up at the moment, but I can repeat what I posted earlier:

Williamson Medical Center had 0 Covid patients on 6/17. Today they have 22 with only 1 fully vaccinated.
Devil’s advocate here (call it tin-foil hat) but the infections now are reportedly happening in a younger demographic and are somewhat coinciding with the younger population being eligible for the vaccine. We undeniably lump anything outside of two weeks removed from the second dose window as unvaccinated; the only country to do so. While doing that, we as a health industry refuse to report how many have had infections between the 1st and 2nd shot or how many have had infections post 2nd shot but pre two weeks removed. Causation does not equal correlation, I understand, but the way we report (or fail to) at least opens a box of questions. My 30 yr old brother has said he has not felt the same since receiving the vaccine and it’s been several months. Completely lethargic and exhausted. My wife, 33, received hers in January/February and is in bed by 8:30 every night, has to take a nap each day on the weekends, wants us to just hang out at the house on the weekends (when she normally has every hour of our weekends consumed) and incessantly talks about how exhausted/worn down she is. I’ve heard her horse cough and have more sinus/allergy issues in the last 6 months than 10 years of marriage. Perhaps it has nothing to do with the vaccine and has to do with the fact that she’s required to wear a mask all day in the hospital as an admin (literally going on 16 straight months). My brother’s number one customer is Wal Mart and spends most of his days in and out of Wal Marts in his territory where he was required to wear a mask. I personally believe we’re going to find a lot of long term health issues down the road that stem from long term masking.

Devil’s advocate here (call it tin-foil hat) but the infections now are reportedly happening in a younger demographic and are somewhat coinciding with the younger population being eligible for the vaccine. We undeniably lump anything outside of two weeks removed from the second dose window as unvaccinated; the only country to do so. While doing that, we as a health industry refuse to report how many have had infections between the 1st and 2nd shot or how many have had infections post 2nd shot but pre two weeks removed. Causation does not equal correlation, I understand, but the way we report (or fail to) at least opens a box of questions. My 30 yr old brother has said he has not felt the same since receiving the vaccine and it’s been several months. Completely lethargic and exhausted. My wife, 33, received hers in January/February and is in bed by 8:30 every night, has to take a nap each day on the weekends, wants us to just hang out at the house on the weekends (when she normally has every hour of our weekends consumed) and incessantly talks about how exhausted/worn down she is. I’ve heard her horse cough and have more sinus/allergy issues in the last 6 months than 10 years of marriage. Perhaps it has nothing to do with the vaccine and has to do with the fact that she’s required to wear a mask all day in the hospital as an admin (literally going on 16 straight months). My brother’s number one customer is Wal Mart and spends most of his days in and out of Wal Marts in his territory where he was required to wear a mask. I personally believe we’re going to find a lot of long term health issues down the road that stem from long term masking.

I'm can't speculate. I got to work from home for a year. When I got back to the office, I could shut my door and leave it off. The only time I've worn a mask for more than an hour or two at a time was at Disney World last fall. I hate it for those who have to do it all day, every day.

@whodeycin85

Gotcha. Thanks.

Again, the question to which I can't find an answer is how many of the recent cases are fully-vaxxed? Math would say it has to be a decent number. But given Gibraltar's transitory population and workforce, I'd be surprised if it's 100%.
The ministry of health has been tweeting the breakdown. Seems like most unvaccinated are children.

having only 13 in the hospital and 0 deaths since March in one of the oldest and most densely populated places on earth is pretty good. However imagine they most got the Oxford vaccine which definately has taken a hit on vaccine efficacy with delta.

The ministry of health has been tweeting the breakdown. Seems like most unvaccinated are children.

having only 13 in the hospital and 0 deaths since March in one of the oldest and most densely populated places on earth is pretty good. However imagine they most got the Oxford vaccine which definately has taken a hit on vaccine efficacy with delta.

Thank you! That makes a ton of sense.

Reactions: ENGRVOL

Beat me too it

I know the data that would answer my question is hard to find.

But everyone can stop posting the same data that doesn't answer my question.
Well if 99% of the population was fully vaccinated as of June 1 and it’s been 2 months, isn’t it safe to assume that damn near all of their recent cases are occurring in the vaccinated populace? 99% of 32,000 population is 31,680 which leaves 320 unvaccinated, two months ago.

Well if 99% of the population was fully vaccinated as of June 1 and it’s been 2 months, isn’t it safe to assume that damn near all of their recent cases are occurring in the vaccinated populace? 99% of 32,000 population is 31,680 which leaves 320 unvaccinated, two months ago.

The numbers have been posted, and while there are more vaccinated cases, there are plenty of unvaxxed.

The numbers have been posted, and while there are more vaccinated cases, there are plenty of unvaxxed.
Plenty? At best, all you can say is that the difference between being vaccinated and not is statistically insignificant. At worst, you could say you are better off not being vaxxed.

I don't see anyway you can pull from this data a stone cold affirmation that the vaccine is the better option.

And it’s the Oxford Vac that’s only preforming at 78% except there where it’s been 88%

Right. The issue with Gibraltar, as I was saying earlier, is that they have a ton of tourists and a healthy portion of its workforce comes in every day from Spain. A lot of these unvaccinated cases aren't folks who will be counted in the census.

Plenty? At best, all you can say is that the difference between being vaccinated and not is statistically insignificant. At worst, you could say you are better off not being vaxxed.

I don't see anyway you can pull from this data a stone cold affirmation that the vaccine is the better option.

Wait, what?

There is almost universal vaccination, and 12 out of 29 cases came out of the small sliver that requires the "almost," and your conclusion is "the vaccine isn't better,"?

Wow. That's something.

Reactions: AM64
Wait, what?

There is almost universal vaccination, and 12 out of 29 cases came out of the small sliver that requires the "almost," and your conclusion is "the vaccine isn't better,"?

Wow. That's something.
1% of Gibraltar's population would come out to between 320 and 400 people, depending on what number you use for their population total.

VN Store

Back