Vaccine or not?

But how do you know you would have gotten really sick?
Common sense based on accumulated data.
It's sort of like being in a serious car accident where the car flips a couple of times and you only suffer a broken arm and some sore ribs.. You say wearing a seat belt saved your life. But how do you know? Maybe if you weren't wearing a seat belt you would have been thrown clear of the car and not broken your arm.
However, odds are that wearing a seat belt greatly reduced the severity of your injuries.

But how do you know you would have gotten really sick?
Like others have stated that’s what the vaccine does. The person who I got it from isn’t vaccinated and they are pretty sick. Not hospital sick, but definitely feeling the worst of it. Also, the wife is vaccinated and hasn’t gotten it from me. So that’s a positive.

Like others have stated that’s what the vaccine does. The person who I got it from isn’t vaccinated and they are pretty sick. Not hospital sick, but definitely feeling the worst of it. Also, the wife is vaccinated and hasn’t gotten it from me. So that’s a positive.
There are many that got covid before the vaccine and never got that sick at all.

Reactions: hUTch2002
It's sort of like being in a serious car accident where the car flips a couple of times and you only suffer a broken arm and some sore ribs.. You say wearing a seat belt saved your life. But how do you know? Maybe if you weren't wearing a seat belt you would have been thrown clear of the car and not broken your arm.
However, odds are that wearing a seat belt greatly reduced the severity of your injuries.
I’m not against the vaccine. I’ve had my first dose and had covid in January. But the vast majority of people have mild symptoms, with or without the vaccine.

It does appear that, overall, these CV19 vaccines protect against severe illness and hospitalization. However, I keep hearing that is the goal of vaccines, in general, which is completely untrue.

Vaccines are designed to prevent infection and transmission. I don't give kids their baby shots so they don't get as bad of a case of meningitis, measles, or whooping cough, and I certainly don't warn parents that they can still catch and transmit these pathogens to other frail family members. The goalposts have definitely moved.

Regardless, the vast majority of people who became infected with CV even before vaccines were available had mild symptoms, or didn't even know they had it (as demonstrated by seroprevalence studies). For most of those cases, it did not attack their entire households (e.g. nobody else in my house was infected when I had it, and all have tested negative for antibodies). So, assuming you are in relatively good health, the most likely scenario is that the vaccine did nothing at all for you.

That’s what the vaccine does.
99% of those being hospitalized for the life-threatening effects of COVID are unvaccinated.

Yeah I’ve heard that. But still there is no way for him to know the vaccine kept him from getting very sick.

The vast majority of people that get Covid do not get “very sick” so I can’t see how anyone can claim the vaccine prevents getting “very sick”.

It does appear that, overall, these CV19 vaccines protect against severe illness and hospitalization. However, I keep hearing that is the goal of vaccines, in general, which is completely untrue.

Vaccines are designed to prevent infection and transmission. I don't give kids their baby shots so they don't get as bad of a case of meningitis, measles, or whooping cough, and I certainly don't warn parents that they can still catch and transmit these pathogens to other frail family members. The goalposts have definitely moved.

Regardless, the vast majority of people who became infected with CV even before vaccines were available had mild symptoms, or didn't even know they had it (as demonstrated by seroprevalence studies). For most of those cases, it did not attack their entire households (e.g. nobody else in my house was infected when I had it, and all have tested negative for antibodies). So, assuming you are in relatively good health, the most likely scenario is that the vaccine did nothing at all for you.
Meh.
From the very beginning of the vaccine launch for Covid 19 we were told that they were not 100%. J and J was billed as being for the people less at risk because it was only 80%. Not sure there are any moved goalposts.

The article doesn't mention the group with natural immunity. It only mentions the vaccinated and others. This is probably the only virus in the history of the world where natural immunity is being discounted and it appears to be only in this country. In France where they are mandating vaccinations, they at least admit that vaccinations are not required if you've had covid.

Nightclub manager dies of COVID-19 after mocking vaccinated people

Parker was 56 and had no known underlying conditions, Sky News reported.

His Facebook posts called the vaccine "experimental" and expressed worry about its possible long-term effects. One post supported anti-lockdown protests as "brilliant."
These stories are so dumb. Imagine the media ever picking a dead gangbanger or OD and saying “he said on Facebook “F” the Police” and made memes mocking rehab

And the math says the majority of people that were infected prior to vaccines didn’t get very sick.
there are 4.3 million dead from this thing world wide.
If you believe those numbers are inflated there’s another way to look at it.
If you take an average of deaths for the last 10 years before Covid then coincidentally we are 3.75 million deaths above where we should be.
So 3.75 million unnecessary deaths best case.
I get that it’s a small number percentage wise unless you’re in the 3.75 million

I was responding to the assertion that the vaccine makes you “less sick”. I’m aware that it’s saving lives. But, you’re right, and I’m just picking nits on a Sunday.
That’s fair. You probably can’t say that it makes you less sick. You can say it prevents the majority of hospitalization and deaths from Covid.

Reactions: DuckInAPen and AM64

VN Store

Back