Vaccine or not?

Was at a wedding this weekend and everyone I knew to be vaccinated was on the dance floor without a care in the world. Everyone I knew to be unvaccinated stood away from the crowd and generally worried about being around people. I'm sure some unvaccinated folks mingled in the crowd, but they'll be dead in 2 weeks so hopefully they had fun.
LOL You're pitiful.

Was at a wedding this weekend and everyone I knew to be vaccinated was on the dance floor without a care in the world. Everyone I knew to be unvaccinated stood away from the crowd and generally worried about being around people. I'm sure some unvaccinated folks mingled in the crowd, but they'll be dead in 2 weeks so hopefully they had fun.
😂😂😂😂 this is probably the biggest bunch of BS I’ve ever read on here. The unvaccinated are the ones who realize the whole situation is overblown by 1000x.

Yes. He was pretty sick with it 6 months ago. He got better. Caught it again last week and died. They have not said if it was a variant or not.

Edit: they said he likely died from a cytokine storm.

“During a cytokine storm, various inflammatory cytokines are produced at a much higher rate than normal. This overproduction of cytokines causes positive feedback on other immune cells to occur, which allows for more immune cells to be recruited to the site of injury that can lead to organ damage and death.”
Sooooo because he wasn't vaccinated, he died. Is that about right?

Get well soon.
Pretty sure we've heard many stories from unvaccinated with this same results....
Tested positive but never got very sick.
I've noticed a trend. Don't know if the media or health officials have picked up on It or not. But covid seems to be disproportionately killing stupid people.

Reactions: Tyler Durden
I'll give you a real world example of reasonable accommodation. I work with someone of Muslim faith. They are allowed prayer time even when their urgent attention is needed during work hours.
The courts may decide to allow policies that single individuals who make decisions based on religion or they may not. We will see.
"The EEOC offered some possible reasonable accommodations that an employer may need to consider for employees unable to be vaccinated due to a disability or religious beliefs. These examples included wearing face masks, social distancing in the workplace, a modified work schedule, periodic COVID-19 testing, remote work, and reassignment."

EEOC Issues New Guidance on COVID-19 Vaccines | JD Supra

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
"The EEOC offered some possible reasonable accommodations that an employer may need to consider for employees unable to be vaccinated due to a disability or religious beliefs. These examples included wearing face masks, social distancing in the workplace, a modified work schedule, periodic COVID-19 testing, remote work, and reassignment."

EEOC Issues New Guidance on COVID-19 Vaccines | JD Supra
Even "possible reasonable accommodations" can be challenged. The beauty of our system.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Sooooo because he wasn't vaccinated, he died. Is that about right?
That’s the question everyone wants to know isn’t it.
There’s no way to know that. I feel awful for his wife who will be tourchering herself with that question for years. I would not have vaccinated if I were him either as natural immunity is supposed to be the goal. I guess it’s like anything else. If it’s 99.999999% safe someone is still going to be hurt.

Reactions: AM64
Even "possible reasonable accommodations" can be challenged. The beauty of our system.

They can, but you never told me why you think a mask isn't reasonable. Reasonable accomodatio is the standard and the EEOC and a major employment law firm seem to agree a mask is reasonable.

They can, but you never told me why you think a mask isn't reasonable. Reasonable accomodatio is the standard and the EEOC and a major employment law firm seem to agree a mask is reasonable.
If a company wants to impose a mask mandate for health reasons, they could impose it on all employees. There's no discrimination at all in this case. That's what smart employers do.

Reactions: AM64
If a company wants to impose a mask mandate for health reasons, they could impose it on all employees. There's no discrimination at all in this case. That's what smart employers do.
That's not the question you posed though. You asked what if someone has a religious problem with the vaccine. The mask is a reasonable accommodation to the vaccine. Just because you make an accommodation for one person doesn't mean you change the rules for everyone else. That's the point of an accommodation. In fact, you seem to be missing the point that a person asking for an accommodation is specifically asking to be treated differently. Now can you tell me why a mask is not a reasonable thing to ask of someone who won't get vaccinated?

That's not the question you posed though. You asked what if someone has a religious problem with the vaccine. The mask is a reasonable accommodation to the vaccine. Just because you make an accommodation for one person doesn't mean you change the rules for everyone else. That's the point of an accommodation. In fact, you seem to be missing the point that a person asking for an accommodation is specifically asking to be treated differently. Now can you tell me why a mask is not a reasonable thing to ask of someone who won't get vaccinated?
You pivoted to masks as reasonable accommodations. Policies made that single out employees, that were made from them claiming a religious exemption from another related policy could be seen as religious discrimination. All policies made by employers should be for all employees. No discrimination there.

You pivoted to masks as reasonable accommodations. Policies made that single out employees, that were made from them claiming a religious exemption from another related policy could be seen as religious discrimination. All policies made by employers should be for all employees. No discrimination there.

When you have a blanket policy that covers everyone and someone claims a religious exemption, you don't get rid of the policy, you accommodate the employee. Its not a pivot, its the next step. I'm sorry you don't like it, but thats how employment law works. Why is a mask not a reasonable accommodation?

Reactions: ohhbother
When you have a blanket policy that covers everyone and someone claims a religious exemption, you don't get rid of the policy, you accommodate the employee. Its not a pivot, its the next step. I'm sorry you don't like it, but thats how employment law works. Why is a mask not a reasonable accommodation?
Mask for all is not unreasonable. My opinion is that people's health choices should be their own. Companies are allowed to implement policies, those policies can be challenged and should when they're discriminatory. I've never encountered an employer that implemented a policy that wasn't for all employees. If that happens now, it should be challenged.

Bless your heart EL. Always the brides maid amirite?

Over 80% of new cases are due to the Delta variant. 97% of those hospitalized and 99.5% of those dying are unvaccinated.

I've read your responses all through this thread. Whatever helps you sleep at night right?
Your boy Sleepy Joe is trying hard as hell pushing his agenda for everyone to get the jab .... that report, if you took time to watch it, says America is 50% vaccinated. They're saying that's half of the population in America. You don't need to give me your figures & stats on this each time you reply ... I've seen them 100s of times here. Thanks for the fear mongering.

Reactions: Zues1 and OldVolMan

VN Store

Back