Vaccine or not?

Why not Pfizer?
Can’t base it on anything other than what someone told me and it was rather convincing Although family members recommend Pfizer
Really who knows? I just don’t like the sound of mRNA so leaning j&j and plus it is one shot

Reactions: allvol123
would go moderna though both are still good. Here is a recent report from San Diego that shows better efficacy of moderna/Pfizer than J&J mostly done during this current delta wave.
View attachment 385701

Since Pfizer is taking all the 12-17 year olds, wouldnt that skew their numbers in a more positive way.

It does appear that, overall, these CV19 vaccines protect against severe illness and hospitalization. However, I keep hearing that is the goal of vaccines, in general, which is completely untrue.

Vaccines are designed to prevent infection and transmission. I don't give kids their baby shots so they don't get as bad of a case of meningitis, measles, or whooping cough, and I certainly don't warn parents that they can still catch and transmit these pathogens to other frail family members. The goalposts have definitely moved.

Regardless, the vast majority of people who became infected with CV even before vaccines were available had mild symptoms, or didn't even know they had it (as demonstrated by seroprevalence studies). For most of those cases, it did not attack their entire households (e.g. nobody else in my house was infected when I had it, and all have tested negative for antibodies). So, assuming you are in relatively good health, the most likely scenario is that the vaccine did nothing at all for you.
In reading about the new variant and shine if the most common symptoms I'm fairly positive I had it a few weeks ago. I thought maybe it was because I was sanding and refinishing the floor in the bathroom.

I'm routinely in contact with people from all over the country and recently many engineers from all over Asia.

Since Pfizer is taking all the 12-17 year olds, wouldnt that skew their numbers in a more positive way.
Great point but those vaccines were available earlier than J&J when we were first vaccinating healthcare workers and those who are high risk so it may also be skewed in the other direction as well.

Reactions: AM64 and allvol123
Alot of months that can skew that rate heavily prior to delta. I'd like to see the months shrunk to just delta.
That would be great. It does look like the vast majority of cases in that timeframe was with the current delta wave as not many cases in San Diego county during April and May.
1628521813222.png

That would be great. It does look like the vast majority of cases in that timeframe was with the current delta wave as not many cases in San Diego county during April and May.
View attachment 385704
That's the issue, isn't it? Delta wasn't prevalent in the earlier months and the vaccines are undoubtedly wholly effective prior to delta. Could be true for delta too, but it would be inaccurate to use data from nondelta as that data are inconsequential to today.

That's the issue, isn't it? Delta wasn't prevalent in the earlier months and the vaccines are undoubtedly wholly effective prior to delta. Could be true for delta too, but it would be inaccurate to use data from nondelta as that data are inconsequential to today.
Sure is awfully confusing
Got a three sided coin I can use?

Several studies addressing the efficacy of particular vaccines against infection and severe disease specifically from the delta variant are discussed and linked here: Here's How Well COVID-19 Vaccines Work Against the Delta Variant

Reactions: AM64
I don't think it's inconsequential, but you definitely have to look at data after about July 1 which we're only just now getting. I think it's safe to say that at this point the vaccine at least mitigates symptoms even if it doesn't totally prevent Delta infection.

VN Store

Back