Vaccine or not?

I think we all need to take a deep breath and realize that we - the VN Politics community - is actually handling the vaccination discussion pretty well. Lots of strong, principled discussion without having to filter through obvious crazy batshot crazy.

No joy seeing people dying needlessly because of misinformation.
What misinformation though? Did he just not have trust in the vaccine? I'll be honest, I have a huge problem with possible long term effects. We know next to nothing, and the manufacturers of the vaccine is been given immunity from consequences. I still got the vaccine but that doesn't mean I'm not skeptical. I can understand anyone having reservations.

What misinformation though? Did he just not have trust in the vaccine? I'll be honest, I have a huge problem with possible long term effects. We know next to nothing, and the manufacturers of the vaccine is been given immunity from consequences. I still got the vaccine but that doesn't mean I'm not skeptical. I can understand anyone having reservations.

The first rounds of babies created after the parents were vaccinated are due soon, if a wave hasn't already happened. That we've not been flooded with news of terminated pregnancies and detected defects - even from the fringe media - is a very positive sign.

Reactions: AM64 and MAD
The first rounds of babies created after the parents were vaccinated are due soon, if a wave hasn't already happened. That we've not been flooded with news of terminated pregnancies and detected defects - even from the fringe media - is a very positive sign.
Unlikely many got a brand new vaccine when young and trying to get preg. I would have stayed miles away from it during that time. There will be some but not a whole lot

And yet deaths are still way down.

Worst case is Arkansas, .68 per 100k.

Covid average is still 1.7.

Still not seeing how Delta is worse.
We were headed on the right track and saw the light at the end of the tunnel. The problem with delta can’t be judged on deaths, instead the strain that is being put on the healthcare system right now is because of the unvaccinated and at the moment it’s getting worse. Hopefully this will be short lived and we start getting back to normal.

We were headed on the right track and saw the light at the end of the tunnel. The problem with delta can’t be judged on deaths, instead the strain that is being put on the healthcare system right now is because of the unvaccinated and at the moment it’s getting worse. Hopefully this will be short lived and we start getting back to normal.

So strain on the healthcare system is the issue. Like strain caused by people living in a cave for a year and now respiratory illnesses exploding in the summer, that kind of strain?

So strain on the healthcare system is the issue. Like strain caused by people living in a cave for a year and now respiratory illnesses exploding in the summer, that kind of strain?
No, the strain of the people who choose not to take a successful vaccine, that has virtually eliminated COVID hospitalizations among the hundreds of millions of human beings who’ve received them.

No, the strain of the people who choose not to take a successful vaccine, that has virtually eliminated COVID hospitalizations among the hundreds of millions of human beings who’ve received them.
Good for them, and thanks. Now leave me the **** alone and keep your drugs in the vials

Oh, I was looking at the one that was hurting kids.

It's a spike. We are seeing spikes everywhere. The spike is below the previous worst. As we have previously pointed out it's not just Covid taking up beds this time.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
It's a spike. We are seeing spikes everywhere. The spike is below the previous worst. As we have previously pointed out it's not just Covid taking up beds this time.

In my county, our hospital system is currently 12% over the peak from last year. 16% of the 419 currently admitted were vaccinated.

I wish they'd keep stats on vaccinated + those with naturally acquired antibody's from the illness.

Reactions: AM64
In my county, our hospital system is currently 12% over the peak from last year. 16% of the 419 currently admitted were vaccinated.

I wish they'd keep stats on vaccinated + those with naturally acquired antibody's from the illness.
If they did, it would be hard to justify the mandatory vaccination they are planning for.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

VN Store

Back