Vaccine or not?

In my county, our hospital system is currently 12% over the peak from last year. 16% of the 419 currently admitted were vaccinated.

I wish they'd keep stats on vaccinated + those with naturally acquired antibody's from the illness.
I remember a story from GA that sounded similar. Only like 20% of the cases were Covid.

What's yours? Probably worse than that. But what are the numbers.

The previous hospital draw was pretty much all Covid after people stopped going for other things.

Once you find the current Covid hospital rate compare them to last year. If delta is worse, show it. The similar stories havent panned out.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
No, the strain of the people who choose not to take a successful vaccine, that has virtually eliminated COVID hospitalizations among the hundreds of millions of human beings who’ve received them.
16% of Septics hospital cases were vaccinated.

Is that virtually eliminated to you?

I remember a story from GA that sounded similar. Only like 20% of the cases were Covid.

What's yours? Probably worse than that. But what are the numbers.

The previous hospital draw was pretty much all Covid after people stopped going for other things.

Once you find the current Covid hospital rate compare them to last year. If delta is worse, show it. The similar stories havent panned out.

I'm not sure what you're asking, I thought we were talking about Covid? The admissions for Covid related illness in my county's health system is currently at 419, the previous peak was 372 in July of 2020.

As of the latest update from Lee Health, 66 percent of the health system’s ventilators and 9 percent of ICU rooms are available for use. Thirty-six COVID-19 patients are on ventilators and 70 are in the ICU.

Since Friday, Lee Health has had 177 new COVID-19 hospital admissions and 113 COVID-19 discharges.

Lee Health said 16 percent of currently admitted COVID-19 patients are fully vaccinated and Lee Health is at 91 percent of staffed operational bed capacity.

On Sunday, Florida set a record for the number of positive cases by reporting more than 23,000 new cases. According to Antonucci, one in five cases in America today are happening in Florida. -WINK NEWS

I'm not sure what you're asking, I thought we were talking about Covid? The admissions for Covid related illness in my county's health system is currently at 419, the previous peak was 372 in July of 2020.
That pretty much covers what I was asking. 106/414 beds are Covid. Minus the 16% that dont count because they are vaxxed and you have 89ish of 414 due to Covid.

25% of beds due to Covid with 9% left open.

Pretty high turnover rate seems to me too. They are +64 over a weekend. Assuming there is a similar break down 54 new covid patients, non vaxxed, were able to get beds. Based on that rate they will be above capacity next Monday. Care to follow up on that? sounds like things will be bad.

Nope. I think that's providing a reasonable accommodation to a hypothetical blanket vaccination requirement. Religion isn't the magic bullet people think it is in employment law. When you ask for an exception you are asking to be treated differently. Neither employer nor employee have to say why the employee wears a mask, could be religious, could be medical, could be a personal choice. If employee has been stomping around saying he's going to pretend to have a religious problem with vaccines, then, yeah, everybody will probably know why.
Well I defer to your knowledge on employment law seeing as you’re an employer and I’m not. I do kind of get what he’s saying but you’ve seen it in practice so you’d know better than I would.

You seem to think it is. Don't worry, the government will soon take the decisions out of your hands.
Interesting, I don’t agree with your first part. You take care of you and I’ll take care of me. If you’re vaxxed, wearing a mask, and social distancing as well as staying home as much as possible then you should be good. On your last point, I have no doubt that’s what the gov wants to do. Whether they do or not remains to be seen.

Reactions: whodeycin85
I wish they'd keep stats on vaccinated + those with naturally acquired antibody's from the illness.
LOL Really? If they did that, and it was statistically proven that natural immunity was as effective as artificially produced 'protection', then you would see the pharmaceutical industry take a huge nosedive. That and political power would be lost.

That pretty much covers what I was asking. 106/414 beds are Covid. Minus the 16% that dont count because they are vaxxed and you have 89ish of 414 due to Covid.

25% of beds due to Covid with 9% left open.

Pretty high turnover rate seems to me too. They are +64 over a weekend. Assuming there is a similar break down 54 new covid patients, non vaxxed, were able to get beds. Based on that rate they will be above capacity next Monday. Care to follow up on that? sounds like things will be bad.

What? No.

The 419 current admissions are covid related. The previous high covid related admission count was 372.

If you're asking what percentage of the total capacity of the health system the 472 represents, I could tell you because I don't know what the capacity is.

Reactions: AM64
I doubt it's a question that's even being asked unfortunately.
You can't be serious. I guarantee you that data exists. If it doesn't, then this thing is nowhere near as bad as the media keeps acting. This is a dire emergency, isn't it? The bodies are stacked in the streets.... the vaccines have been rushed into emergency use, and WILL be given regular approval albeit with long term data amounting to a whole year's worth or so. C'mon man you are smarter than this. They don't WANT you to know about alternatives.

LOL Really? If they did that, and it was statistically proven that natural immunity was as effective as artificially produced 'protection', then you would see the pharmaceutical industry take a huge nosedive. That and political power would be lost.

I don't think so, to get natural immunity you'd need to roll the dice and hope you aren't one of the ones that will get super sick.

Despite it being a relatively low chance, I'd rather get the vaccine. I was never good at wearing tin foil hats and all I was stating is that I'd like to see the delta metrics for the people who've both had covid and are vaccinated.

As a side, I think it's kind of funny that previously the fear was all a ploy to f*** trump over and now the surge and fear is some sort of Biden power move. My guess is that where you sit will always determine what you see - but the consistency of the narrative isn't holding water.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
You can't be serious. I guarantee you that data exists. If it doesn't, then this thing is nowhere near as bad as the media keeps acting. This is a dire emergency, isn't it? The bodies are stacked in the streets.... the vaccines have been rushed into emergency use, and WILL be given regular approval albeit with long term data amounting to a whole year's worth or so. C'mon man you are smarter than this. They don't WANT you to know about alternatives.

Why wouldn't they want you to know? If the desire is to get people vaccinated - why wouldn't they want tell us that the metrics indicate a higher resistance after getting the vaccine whether or not you've had the disease. Your logic isn't passing muster.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
I don't think so, to get natural immunity you'd need to roll the dice and hope you weren't one of the ones that didn't get super sick.

Despite it being a relatively low chance, I'd rather get the vaccine. I was never good at wearing tin foil hats. All I was stating that I'd like to see are the delta metrics for the people who've both had covid and are vaccinated.

As a side, I think it's kind of funny that previously the fear was all a ploy to f*** trump over and now the surge and fear is some sort of Biden power move. My guess is that where you sit will always determine what you see - but the consistency of the narrative isn't holding water.
No matter how you slice it, it is still 99% survivable without any protection. With natural immunity like I have or manufactured immunity like you have I think the odds are about the same. But big pharma doesn't want you to know that.

What? No.

The 419 current admissions are covid related. The previous high covid related admission count was 372.

If you're asking what percentage of the total capacity of the health system the 472 represents, I could tell you because I don't know what the capacity is.
414 is the total bed count according to their website. So if they are at 91% those numbers arent concurrent.

At least for Lee hospital in fort Myers, it was the first florida one that popped up. This lists several:

Lee Health Fast Facts | About Us

No matter how you slice it, it is still 99% survivable without any protection. With natural immunity like I have or manufactured immunity like you have I think the odds are about the same. But big pharma doesn't want you to know that.

Covid survivability isn't the only consideration. When hospitals and healthcare providers are taxed to the brink (as they are becoming again) and Mrs. Spacecoastvol has a MI and has to wait for resources to treat her, then you'll start understanding why the issues regarding vaccination and mask mandates are important.

Why wouldn't they want you to know? If the desire is to get people vaccinated - why wouldn't they want tell us that the metrics indicate a higher resistance after getting the vaccine whether or not you've had the disease. Your logic isn't passing muster.
You aren't reading what I wrote. This is getting like a world record broken by .0001 of a second. Yeah, it's a broken record, but... really? But then again, people play the lottery when they have a 1 in 200 billion chance of winning, so taking an experimental drug when you already have a better than 99% chance of survival is hedging your bet. I mean why not eek out that extra .001 percentage point especially when it is being sold to us as 'necessary.'

The bottom line is that I personally don't care who gets the vaccines. It is supposedly a free country. It is when I am forced to decide whether or not my 30 year career has to end because I don't want to be a test subject for something that I have already had and survived, and that I do. not. need. That is where the problem starts.

Covid survivability isn't the only consideration. When hospitals and healthcare providers are taxed to the brink (as they are becoming again) and Mrs. Spacecoastvol has a MI and has to wait for resources to treat her, then you'll start understanding why the issues regarding vaccination and mask mandates are important.
Stop it. This is fear mongering at it's finest.

414 is the total bed count according to their website. So if they are at 91% those numbers arent concurrent.

At least for Lee hospital in fort Myers, it was the first florida one that popped up. This lists several:

Lee Health Fast Facts | About Us

There are six hospitals in Less County - 414 beds is the total bed count for Lee Memorial which is one of the hospitals. Put differently, the total covid admissions exceed the total hospital capacity of the a hospital within the system.

Reactions: MAD
Stop it. This is fear mongering at it's finest.

My mother and step father spent a combined total of 19 hours waiting there turn in the ER before being admitted and this was before the current peak that's happening now.

It's not fear mongering when you've seen it first hand. Resources are strained due to covid, objectively. You not wanting to think abstractly enough to reconcile that admitting 177 people and discharging 113 in a couple of days doesn't take enormous amount of time and effort that could be spent differently is lazy.

Record number of COVID-19 patients being treated in Lee Health hospitals

There are six hospitals in Less County - 414 beds is the total bed count for Lee Memorial which is one of the hospitals. Put differently, the total covid admissions exceed the total hospital capacity of the a hospital within the system.
So 1/4, 25% like I said.....

I am only able to go off the one quote. I may have missed the link earlier, but the quote said 177 covid hospitalizations over the weekend they mentioned, with 100 something discharges.

I said it sounds bad and that you should follow up.

My mother and step father spent a combined total of 19 hours waiting there turn in the ER before being admitted and this was before the current peak that's happening now.

It's not fear mongering when you've seen it first hand. Resources are strained due to covid, objectively. You not wanting to think abstractly enough to reconcile that admitting 177 people and discharging 113 in a couple of days doesn't take enormous amount of time and effort that could be spent differently is lazy.

Record number of COVID-19 patients being treated in Lee Health hospitals
I have spent 7 hours waiting for the ER before Covid thought I cut a tendon in my finger. If you are down the triage list you are down the triage list.

Just curious, but why the ER if they could wait almost 10 hours a piece? If its personal its personal, just seems strange.

I don't trust WINK news. Seems like when someone tells you something then winks, you know they're lying.

VN Store

Back