Vaccine or not?

We try to keep people around. I'm concerned about the future though. I'm about to sound older than my age, but the young folks don't seem to want to stay at the same job longer than a couple years at a time.
Oh I know. Every single client I talk to, regardless of industry, struggles with attracting good people and they have good turnover ratios (most anyway) but that same 10% or so that does leave constantly turns over. Not every young person is this way but most don’t stick around to work through any issues. At the first hint of something they don’t like, they’re gone.

Reactions: 508mikey
Let’s say the other 5 are 75% smaller, that’s an average of 310 per those 5 for a total of 1550 + 414 = 1964 beds in the entire system. So 472 Covid patients out of 1964 possible rooms means 24% of the beds in the Lee Health system are occupied by Covid patients.

Edit: Lee Memorial 414, Cape Coral 291, Gulf Coast 699 and Health Park 461. The other two are specialty hospitals (134 bed pediatric and 60 bed rehabilitation within Lee Memorial). Total of 1865 beds in the main 4, for a 25% rate.

Are you making the point that it's an incredible amount of sickness must be occurring for 25% of a health system to be taking care of patients with a singular novel ailment?

Because that's the point you're making.

Reactions: AM64 and ohhbother
Are you making the point that it's an incredible amount of sickness must be occurring for 25% of a health system to be taking care of patients with a singular novel ailment?

Because that's the point you're making.
How many flu/pneumonia hospitalizations happen in normal years? Experts have told us that flu and pneumonia are almost non-existent this year due to social distancing and masking yet this virus escapes both of those precautions? Three years we were estimated to have had 808,000 and potentially up to 1.3M hospitalizations due to flu, I bet those numbers are minuscule now.

How many flu/pneumonia hospitalizations happen in normal years? Experts have told us that flu and pneumonia are almost non-existent this year due to social distancing and masking yet this virus escapes both of those precautions? Three years we were estimated to have had 808,000 and potentially up to 1.3M hospitalizations due to flu, I bet those numbers are minuscule now.

I don't think you should take any precautions. In fact I encourage you anti vaxxers to go out of your way to show us all how much of a non issue this is.

Reactions: Tyler Durden
I will not take it by choice, but the current president is making it mandatory through my employer

And that’s probably how the forced vaccinations will work. It’s not going to be the military rolling through forcing everyone to get it. Once the GFA fast tracks all the vaccines approval (should come by the end of the year IMO) then Jim Crowe Biden will push all businesses to mandate vaccines for not only employees but anyone entering their establishments.

I don't think you should take any precautions. In fact I encourage you anti vaxxers to go out of your way to show us all how much of a non issue this is.

Already have. Guess it upsets you that it’s not that big of a deal as you think huh?

My family eats out at a sit down restaurant at least 3x a week and have since the week they opened back up in May 2020, I go to the gym, I fly regularly, attended damn near every UT baseball game and I’m alive to talk to you about it. Riddle me why only 10% of the population has caught it, based on confirmed cases, or riddle me on why the death toll is “only” 620k if the undiagnosed/unconfirmed cases are actually 6x higher as the CDC estimates (210M)? There’s either a propensity to not contracting it in the first place if we believe the confirmed number or there’s not a high propensity to die from it if we believe the CDC’s estimate of actual cases.

My family eats out at a sit down restaurant at least 3x a week and have since the week they opened back up in May 2020, I go to the gym, I fly regularly, attended damn near every UT baseball game and I’m alive to talk to you about it. Riddle me why only 10% of the population has caught it, based on confirmed cases, or riddle me on why the death toll is “only” 620k if the undiagnosed/unconfirmed cases are actually 6x higher (210M)? There’s either a propensity to not contracting it in the first place if we believe the confirmed number or there’s not a high propensity to die from it if we believe the CDC’s estimate of actual cases.

It's a hoax.

Reactions: Tyler Durden
It's a hoax.
So you can’t come up with an intelligent theory or answer? I don’t believe it’s a hoax but that’s the liberal go to generalization instead of attempting to formulate a thoughtful answer; it’s the new shouting of “racist”. Is it a virus? Yes. Is it out there? Yes. Do a certain subset of people die from it? Yes. Is everyone a member of that subset and assigned the same risk of death or hospitalization? No.

VN Store

Back