Vaccine or not?

Was it "misinformation" when prominent members of the virology community posted a letter that said that the virus did NOT come from the Wuhan lab? That's misinformation that I could bring up in a random manner in a post to you that isn't about that. I don't get why you would just interject what you did in your post, as if to associate that particular misinformation with me or something I said. It smacks of trying to smear me with a charge of spreading misinformation. Is that your tactic?
There are those who have lacked transparency and even mislead regarding the leak. They should be exposed and called out. However, that has nothing to do with who developed vaccines. Those are two different issues. Covering up the Wuhan leak (which I believe) and the development of vaccines aren’t the same thing.

I worked on it. I have a odd mind set. I could die on the way home in my truck, something could fall on me at work, I could get covid, wife get mad at me. At some point in this life I will die. I don't worry about when that will be or what will cause it. I live my life happily and enjoy it as it goes by.

Plus I have worked on people cars for 10+ years. Covid is the least of the worries of getting from a persons car. People are down right nasty.
You should see the inside of an airplane after a 4 hour flight. I'd rather people brought guns than gum and Cheereos.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
That sucks, man. Good luck to you.

You are an exception to the rule, so would you advise somebody with normal health that the unknown risks of the vax are greater than the unknown risks of COVID?

It doesn't suck, it is the way it is. I've adapted. It beats dying from Covid. And thanks for your well wishes.

I'm not a doctor, so I wouldn't advise anyone about THEIR medical choices. If someone asked my advice anyway, I would suggest they consult with their doctors, read all about it as much as they can, and decide for themselves.

There are those who have lacked transparency and even mislead regarding the leak. They should be exposed and called out. However, that has nothing to do with who developed vaccines. Those are two different issues. Covering up the Wuhan leak (which I believe) and the development of vaccines aren’t the same thing.

Are you sure about that? Perhaps the coverup by the prominent virologists (who shouldn't be covering anything up), indicates that this virus is engineered from gain of function studies they were part of, or knowledgeable about, rather than a leak of a natural bat coronavirus? Got any other plausible reason why they would attempt to cover it up so forcefully? So, if it is engineered, will vaccinations be effective against it's mutations? Are it's mutations pre-engineered as well? Why is the Delta variant so much more transmissible than the original? That's unusual for viral mutations to be worse than the original? If so, why get a vaccine that will soon be obsolete against the coming mutations of the month? If you think these things aren't a factor in some choosing to not get the vaccine, you should think again.

Let me ask you this...why are you less fearful of the long-term effects of COVID than the vax, since you can't know what you don't know and that is guiding your decision-making here?
I have alreadu been exposed to one. What sense does it make to double down on the unknown?

And you think this absolves him.

Not wearing a mask and going to a 4th of July parade is a lifestyle choice. I guess we should treat those that die of COVID under those circumstances with disdain?
LOL. you're scared. It's funny in a sad sort of way.

If complete data is what you need for advising, then nobody should/would ever give any advice. We literally never have complete information on any health decision.

We have an enormous amount of data on a lot of diseases and a lot of medicines. Most of them have not been made political footballs, however.

The leading conclusion/label at the top of the page that they’ve assigned is “FALSE”. They’re not just providing the reader contrarian opinions or another viewpoint; they’re unequivocally using viewpoint A to say that viewpoint B is wrong. Meanwhile viewpoint B says that A is wrong. So are both false? Both right? One false and one right?
So they’re doing the exact same thing that you and others do every day.

The questions you’re asking are great evidence that there’s plenty of room here for people to weigh the various doctors, scientists, and studies cited by the article and make up their own mind about which one they trust more, despite the editorializing. Still not sure why you think you’re the only person who can do that.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
So they’re doing the exact same thing that you and others do every day.

The questions you’re asking are great evidence that there’s plenty of room here for people to weigh the various doctors, scientists, and studies cited by the article and make up their own mind about which one they trust more, despite the editorializing. Still not sure why you think you’re the only person who can do that.
In the long run; all the debating about vaccination or not will come to naught. Once the FDA grants full approval of the vaccines the doors will start to close to to thousands of locations due to a vaccine mandate. The unvaccinated will; ultimately, be closed to venues, cities, and well; just about anyplace worth going to.

In the long run; all the debating about vaccination or not will come to naught. Once the FDA grants full approval of the vaccines the doors will start to close to to thousands of locations due to a vaccine mandate. The unvaccinated will; ultimately, be closed to venues, cities, and well; just about anyplace worth going to.
Outside of local municipality mandate, you will not see large companies require people show proof of vaccination. 0 interest into jumping into anything that polarizing unless forced to by government. And red states will not require it nor will purple ones.

Outside of local municipality mandate, you will not see large companies require people show proof of vaccination. 0 interest into jumping into anything that polarizing unless forced to by government. And red states will not require it nor will purple ones.
There are already large companies calling for proof of vaccination...

Bottom line is in the future you more than likely won't be able to:
1) Fly anywhere
2) Certainly won't be able to leave the country
3) Fly overseas
4) Forget about a cruise
5) You're right; you'll be OK in red states (and that's a big"maybe"); but forget about going to the Big Three: New York City, Los Angeles, and Chicago)

People made a decision and chose to live or die with that decision. Why do you care? Can these people die in peace without you and others exhibiting schadenfreude?
Why do YOU? You must care for something; otherwise you wouldn't have your thousands of comments on here!

And you think this absolves him.

Not wearing a mask and going to a 4th of July parade is a lifestyle choice. I guess we should treat those that die of COVID under those circumstances with disdain?
Not wearing a mask with a virus that kills less than 1% of people Isnt the same as knowingly having anonymous unprotected gay sex parties or shooting up illegal narcotics with dirty needles.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
Not wearing a mask with a virus that kills less than 1% of people Isnt the same as knowingly having anonymous unprotected gay sex parties or shooting up illegal narcotics with dirty needles.
Actually you need to check out the Mayo Clinic site. It state a 1.73% fatality rate.

Bottom line is in the future you more than likely won't be able to:
1) Fly anywhere
2) Certainly won't be able to leave the country
3) Fly overseas
4) Forget about a cruise
5) You're right; you'll be OK in red states (and that's a big"maybe"); but forget about going to the Big Three: New York City, Los Angeles, and Chicago)

I agree 1-4

VN Store

Back