Vaccine or not?

There are currently 2490 Tennesseans in the hospital with covid with about 800 of those in the ICU. In a state with about 50% of adult population vaccinated only about 5-10% of those hospitalized are vaccinated and the majority of those are immunocompromised (meaning they likely don’t create antibodies or T cell response to the vaccine). You can look up those numbers on the tennessee department of health website.
Novel Coronavirus
You can make up whatever excuse to not vaccinate but if every Tennessean believed what you did and no one got vaccinated we would be looking at 5000 Tennesseans hospitalized with covid today and no icu beds available with more than 500 covid patients needing an icu room not able to receive one. And unfortunately cases continue to rise so next week these numbers will likely be worse.
You’re completely discounting that this already happened once before and that the 1/2 thats unvaccinated, a great majority could have already had Covid, so they’re at little to not risk this go around. This variant is far less deadly, supposedly infects a different subset of the population (that is less likely to require hospitalization) and that’s been proven time and time again. You can’t apply a simple extrapolation to it.

Vaccination Status May Be Considered To Get ICU Beds At Dallas-Area Hospitals If Covid Spread Worsens, With Vaccinated People Given Priority Since They’re More Likely To Survive

You’re completely discounting that this already happened once before and that the 1/2 thats unvaccinated, a great majority could have already had Covid, so they’re at little to not risk this go around. This variant is far less deadly, supposedly infects a different subset of the population (that is less likely to require hospitalization) and that’s been proven time and time again. You can’t apply a simple extrapolation to it.
I don’t know if you can say delta is less deadly. CDC says it is just as likely if not more to cause severe disease.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Reasons we aren’t seeing as many deaths is that we have vaccinated the majority of those at very high risk plus we are better at treating the disease.

You make a good point about prior infection and wish we were tracking reinfection rates in this country. However we are not and the unvaccinated including some with reinfection are driving up hospitalizations in our state leading to bed shortages throughout.
Tennessee ICU beds full at most hospitals in every major metro area

This along with other reasons is why the cdc continues to recommend those with prior infection get vaccinated.
Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC

All for individual liberty and don’t like vaccine mandates but actions have consequences and the consequences of people choosing not to vaccinate is a worsening hospital bed shortage in Tennessee.

I feel a deep sadness for those who have been misled by disinformation.

Florida dad who believed vaccines are a “government conspiracy” dies of COVID, only two months after his own unvaccinated father also died of COVID. On his deathbed, he told his wife that he “wished he would have gotten vaccinated.”

A776590F-2A69-4DC8-BBC9-5C68615352BF.jpeg

I don’t know if you can say delta is less deadly. CDC says it is just as likely if not more to cause severe disease.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Reasons we aren’t seeing as many deaths is that we have vaccinated the majority of those at very high risk plus we are better at treating the disease.

You make a good point about prior infection and wish we were tracking reinfection rates in this country. However we are not and the unvaccinated including some with reinfection are driving up hospitalizations in our state leading to bed shortages throughout.
Tennessee ICU beds full at most hospitals in every major metro area

This along with other reasons is why the cdc continues to recommend those with prior infection get vaccinated.
Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC

All for individual liberty and don’t like vaccine mandates but actions have consequences and the consequences of people choosing not to vaccinate is a worsening hospital bed shortage in Tennessee.

Collier County Florida are at 136% capacity for ICU beds.

Lee County Florida had more fatalities due to covid yesterday than they've ever had in one day.

"VxCine?! bUT wA7 aBUOt th3 LoNg TiRM SiDe EfecCS?!"

I feel a deep sadness for those who have been misled by disinformation.

Florida dad who believed vaccines are a “government conspiracy” dies of COVID, only two months after his own unvaccinated father also died of COVID. On his deathbed, he told his wife that he “wished he would have gotten vaccinated.”

View attachment 388075
If you really care, you would be more angry at the pizz poor job this administration has done to sell the vaccine to the public. Name calling, mandates and fist pounding isn't he way to go about it.

Reactions: AshG
Give me more time to make my own decision. Opened the door for other options outside of just vaccines.

Thing is, nobody has made you get the vaccine. You've had all this time and you'll have plenty more unless your boss tells you to get it.

What other options do you propose? People don't want to mask, they don't want to distance, they love whatever the next therapeutic is, but apparently the vast conspiracy among medical providers holds back the therapeutics. I think the only thing that will win over some people is pretending it doesn't exist.

Edit: for the record, I'm not supporting a government mandate, but I don't think there's anything the government could do to get some people to take it. I think some people don't trust the government in general, some people still believe covid is fake or an overblown plot to hurt Trump, and some people feel like they're being told what to do and bow their backs.

Collier County Florida are at 136% capacity for ICU beds.

Lee County Florida had more fatalities due to covid yesterday than they've ever had in one day.

"VxCine?! bUT wA7 aBUOt th3 LoNg TiRM SiDe EfecCS?!"
Is thiz the same collier county your talking about?
Screenshot_20210819-221037_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Edit: for the record, I'm not supporting a government mandate, but I don't think there's anything the government could do to get some people to take it. I think some people don't trust the government in general, some people still believe covid is fake or an overblown plot to hurt Trump, and some people feel like they're being told what to do and bow their backs.
Name calling, mandates and fist pounding does not help their cause. They went about this in a condescending manner and have gotten the media to play up political angles.

Thing is, nobody has made you get the vaccine. You've had all this time and you'll have plenty more unless your boss tells you to get it.

What other options do you propose? People don't want to mask, they don't want to distance, they love whatever the next therapeutic is, but apparently the vast conspiracy among medical providers holds back the therapeutics. I think the only thing that will win over some people is pretending it doesn't exist.

And some people believe that there are unstudied, untested, unquantified effects of this type of 'vaccine' that could harm them downstream based on their personal health history.

Vaccination Status May Be Considered To Get ICU Beds At Dallas-Area Hospitals If Covid Spread Worsens, With Vaccinated People Given Priority Since They’re More Likely To Survive
Obamacare realized.

Hopefully we can do the same thing with alcoholics, illegal drug users, speeders involved in car crashes, criminals that are evading the law... I'm sure you get the picture.

Last edited:
It's not a vaccine. It is a therapeutic.

Ok. Ras's comment seems to be based on the assumption it is a vaccine, but the government sold it poorly. I'd like to know how they could do better, and whether people would actually listen. If you don't want to accept the premise, you don't have to chime in. Any thoughts on how the government could better market the therapeutic?

VN Store

Back