Vaccine or not?

If I am not mistaken one of the criteria for being eligible is BMI > 25. That is most people I would believe. I looked my BMI up and I am over 25, I am a little overweight but nothing extreme. Am I reading that eligibility requirement correctly?

I had barometric done at work yesterday, I am 6'1" and weigh 183 dressed (always been skinny but have lost a few pounds during hot months) and my BMI = 24

dont get it

I had barometric done at work yesterday, I am 6'1" and weigh 183 dressed (always been skinny but have lost a few pounds during hot months) and my BMI = 24

dont get it

Yea, seems like very low criteria. I am not fat, do need to lose 20 lbs. Surprised I was over 25.

Delta Air Lines announces that unvaccinated employees will need to pay a $200 per month surcharge for health insurance to cover the added risk. Who thinks all companies should do the same?

Delta Air Lines announces that unvaccinated employees will need to pay a $200 per month surcharge for health insurance to cover the added risk. Who thinks all companies should do the same?

Sure, they already do for smokers. Maybe they should check family history and for genetic markers as well. Ohhhh! And my favorite…..PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS.

Oh that is asking for the floodgates to open up. And shows how this is not about safety at all.

They charging their muslim/Arab crew 200 bucks?
Female pilots 200 bucks?
Cisgender white males?
LGBT community?

I could understand a test policy for all. 200 buck fee if they dont. Vaxxed or unvaxxed.

This is just Delta trying to make up lost income by taxing their employees under bs health pretext.
I flew back from Paris two weeks ago. 306 seats on the airplane... 306 butts in the seats. Not the same from Asia however. 306 seats... 100 passengers, BUT 65,000 lbs of cargo. Is DAL losing money? I don't know honestly, but I don't think so.

This is a stick following up the carrot.

Should just charge all black employees another $400 per month for health insurance to cover the added risk of them being much more likely to suffer from heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and strokes.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
I know BCBS charged an extra fee for smokers but I’ve never heard of an actual company mandate such a thing. It was even on the “honor system” Does delta operate their own health insurance company? Next thing you know companies will be able to discriminate against minorities, trannies, atheists, etc.

Reactions: Ttucke11
If you mark down yourself as a non-smoker and try and file a claim for some sickness that has any potential relation to smoking whatsoever they will order a test to confirm.

If you mark down yourself as a non-smoker and try and file a claim for some sickness that has any potential relation to smoking whatsoever they will order a test to confirm.

So mine asked me if I was a tobacco user, I am not. I do however vape large amounts of nicotine. It never asked about that. Would they test for nicotine? Seems like some BS if they denied a claim I had due to that.

When I was working my company had a two tiered rate for tobacco users vs non-tobacco users for health insurance. They also had employees sign a statement that they knew they would be fired for falsifying the tobacco use statement. I never heard of anyone being fired over it though.

Airlines PAY for those 'benefits'. I'm still trying to figure out how the whole terminal thing works. We pay to build/ improve it, then lease it from the government
It doesn’t matter. I pay when I eat at Olive Garden, it doesn’t mean I get to go in the back and **** in their bottomless salad.

If I rent an office space or an apartment, it doesn’t mean I get to smoke inside or spray paint the outside of the building.

Public property is subject to the rules agreed upon by the majority.

Reactions: volfanhill
So mine asked me if I was a tobacco user, I am not. I do however vape large amounts of nicotine. It never asked about that. Would they test for nicotine? Seems like some BS if they denied a claim I had due to that.

That has been a debate since vaping became popular but my understanding is that, for the majority of insurance companies, they consider it one in the same. The test they order is a nicotine test. It is considered a tobacco product.

Reactions: Ttucke11
Should it be for healthcare providers?
Irrelevant. It is protected. If you are asking me how I feel about this particular protected class I would say we need less government interference in the job market. If business A wants to be a discriminating POS then that's a compatible advantage for me.

Has your or any of the Delta unions said anything?
There's only one other union besides the pilots, and they are a small group. It just so happens that the MEC is meeting this week, and my rep told me that it would be discussed in the afternoon session.

VN Store

Back