War in Ukraine

Still waiting for Russia to return parts of Georgia back to that country once they have kicked all the Westerners out that have traveled there to take up arms against them.
The people in those regions don't want to go back to Georgia.

And when will you have this same level of outraged directed at the Turks, Israelis and Americans for allegedly occupying land?

Russia sits on the UN Security Council. Why didn’t Putin, who claimed to want a diplomatic solution, push for a UN backed ceasefire?
What was the matter with Minsk ceasefire agreements? Why did it need to go to the UN? So the US and UK could have a say in it?

I've seen two theories. Either to add to his financial empire or because mines could be a place to store ammunition where it would be hard for Ukraine to hit it. tifwiw.
The first theory is Western projection and the second simply describes how the mines have been used since WWI/tsarist Russian times, so of course they can be used for military purposes. Not really a grand scheme or conspiracy there.

Just like the new Wonder Years that came out. I refuse to watch it. As well as some of these movie remakes like Point Break that they came out with.
I just saw a commercial tonight for a new House Party movie coming out tomorrow.

Hollywood ran out of ideas 20 years ago. Just sequels of action hero movies and remixed movies/TV shows from the past (Ghostbusters, Dukes of Hazzard, Charlie's Angels, etc)

Reactions: DonjoVol
That's definitely possible. The Chinese have a lot of people to oversee the Afghans, and life is cheap in China. What the Chinese may be underestimating is that Afghans aren't always civil, they are probably every bit as ruthless as the Chinese, and they do know the territory so they are going to be hard to dig out and eradicate. Maybe another in a long war of wills. I truly hope it gets hostile so we can sit back with popcorn and enjoy the show - this could be like watching your two most hated football teams play each other and praying lightning hits both out of the blue.
Why do you hate Chinese or Afghans? Neither of those groups of people have done anything to us. I'll throw in the Russians, Serbs and North Koreans also.

It's going to be fun watching China own Afghanistan. The list of others trying that feat is long and painful. Maybe the best strategic move we have ever made was leaving Afghanistan for the Chinese.
It's not likely that China will invade and get stuck in the tar baby of trying to govern the ungovernable. They can probably get the resources they want with their version of aid and trade.

Reactions: AM64
That's definitely possible. The Chinese have a lot of people to oversee the Afghans, and life is cheap in China. What the Chinese may be underestimating is that Afghans aren't always civil, they are probably every bit as ruthless as the Chinese, and they do know the territory so they are going to be hard to dig out and eradicate. Maybe another in a long war of wills. I truly hope it gets hostile so we can sit back with popcorn and enjoy the show - this could be like watching your two most hated football teams play each other and praying lightning hits both out of the blue.
There would be no sitting back and watching. That's not how we work. You know we'd be supporting our new friends those brave freedom loving patriots fighting against the invading hordes, like we did in the 80's.

What was the matter with Minsk ceasefire agreements? Why did it need to go to the UN? So the US and UK could have a say in it?

Why didn't Russia abide by the Budapest Memorandum guaranteeing Ukraine's borders and security?

The only reason that the Minsk agreements exist, is because Russia had already invaded Ukraine in 2014.

Why didn't Russia abide by the Budapest Memorandum guaranteeing Ukraine's borders and security?

The only reason that the Minsk agreements exist, is because Russia had already invaded Ukraine in 2014.
The Budapest Memorandum was violated when the democratically elected Yanukovich was overthrown by the Obama State Department coup. The US circumvented and corrupted the Budapest Memorandum.

Yes, which is why I was asking specifically about the US and UK.
They have veto power. Just like Russia, China and France. Again, if your hero truly wanted a diplomatic solution, he would have appealed to the world body to help broker that solution. Instead, he chose a route he knew neither side would honor. Putin wanted bloodshed.

They have veto power. Just like Russia, China and France. Again, if your hero truly wanted a diplomatic solution, he would have appealed to the world body to help broker that solution. Instead, he chose a route he knew neither side would honor. Putin wanted bloodshed.
WTF does veto power have to do with it? And a UN ceasefire would have been just as worthless as the Minsk agreements in retrospect because it is obvious that it was the West/NATO that wanted this war and bloodshed... not Russia.

WTF does veto power have to do with it? And a UN ceasefire would have been just as worthless as the Minsk agreements in retrospect because it is obvious that it was the West/NATO that wanted this war and bloodshed... not Russia.
This is why NATO intervened in Bosnia. Russia was letting its lapdog state murder Muslim minorities.

I did get a laugh out of the Taliban now fighting other terrorist groups.

The Budapest Memorandum was violated when the democratically elected Yanukovich was overthrown by the Obama State Department coup. The US circumvented and corrupted the Budapest Memorandum.

There's zero evidence that the US government was responsible for the Ukrainian Rada voting 328-0 to impeach Yanukovych after he absconded to Russia.

I'm sure they bring me up to credit me with being right. I've accepted the grossly unnecessary loss of life in this due to absolutely evil and corrupt people within our Govt, NATO and Ukraine. Mostly our own govt though. We could have easily and quickly stopped this, instead we provoked it. Sad but true reality. Ukrainian prople should have risen up, killed Zelensky, negotiated peace with Russia and told the West to f'ck off.
See this is what I have been talking about. You guys get your time lines soooooo wrong, it makes it clear you dont care about the truth.

Zelensky didnt become president until 2019, your alledged coup happened in 2014. There was a previous election. So Zelensky was the guy getting rid of the person who profited from the coup. If the Ukrainians rose up against Zelensky it would have been to put the people from the coup back in power, not the Russians and their Nazis.

The vast majority of Ukrainians still see Zelensky as a war hero. They dont love everything, but they are NO WHERE close to a coup, and peace with the Russians is even further back.

VN Store

Back