War in Ukraine

Reactions: 508mikey
It took me 5 mins to find this article dumbass

NYT reporter suggests Putin didn't take military action under Trump because he was unpredictable

Please quit message board as you don't know what you are talking about.

You are the most FOS of anybody on this message board. There is no way you think this passes as a citation for what you are claiming. There isn't even a Putin quote in this article. Respond if you want. You're already on ignore. I don't have time for bald-faced liars.

Civil War had a Confederate army in range of our capital.
Foreign troops. considering it was an internal struggle about the fate of the country I see that as remarkably different than a foreign invader. and if you mean Early's troops that was a distraction ploy that never really tried anything and were outnumbered 3:1; i hardly consider that the same as the British burning down the whole place.

Reactions: AM64
Over the weekend in Canada we had lunch with a retired distant relative. He speaks some Ukrainian and used to be an academic, so I presume he's not just making stuff up.

He mentioned Ukraine will soon be getting increased missile capability to strike Russian cities and shake things up.

Does anyone know exactly what he's referring to?

Over the weekend in Canada we had lunch with a retired distant relative. He speaks some Ukrainian and used to be an academic, so I presume he's not just making stuff up.

He mentioned Ukraine will soon be getting increased missile capability to strike Russian cities and shake things up.

Sounds like ATACMS

Reactions: MontyPython
But would we give them the green light to target inside Russian territory?
I’d guess if they get ATACMS they’ll use them to drop the Kersh Bridge. Now that they’ve established a beach head across the Dnipro and can consolidate the Kherson region they could quickly cut off the land route to Crimea. Then they drop the bridge and Crimea is isolated with no means of resupply other than air. Then just wait then out while the consolidate the other regions.

Cities being the key word. Ukraine has struck inside Russia multiple times but always hit valid military targets. I think the biggest concern is that NATO doesn't want too many Russian civilians killed with NATO weapons.

So if we were invaded you would support suspending elections? To me that is outrageous.
If people were displaced to the point it could and would drastically effect elections yes, I could but not on an indefinite basis.

Now if it were to become the new norm, years long campaign, then at some point elections should be held.

Ultimately none of what I think really matters. The constitution is what should be followed.

If people were displaced to the point it could and would drastically effect elections yes, I could but not on an indefinite basis.

Now if it were to become the new norm, years long campaign, then at some point elections should be held.

Ultimately none of what I think really matters. The constitution is what should be followed.

Once elections are suspended then what's the point of fighting for this country? If they are allowed to get away with it once it will happen again for lesser reasons.

Reactions: volbound1700
Once elections are suspended then what's the point of fighting for this country? If they are allowed to get away with it once it will happen again for lesser reasons.

So how exactly would you conduct an election if 20% of the country were occupied by a foreign invader, who was actively killing your civilians?

The same way we conduct elections now. Those that can and want to, vote.

So you are operating under the presumption that the foreign invader that is actively killing civilians, would allow election officials to setup polling stations and conduct an election?

So you are operating under the presumption that the foreign invader that is actively killing civilians, would allow election officials to setup polling stations and conduct an election?

I understand you have trouble with comprehension so I'll point out the key sentence in my post.

Those that can and want to, vote.

Those that can't or don't want to don't.

VN Store

Back