What do you REALISTICALLY hope to see this Saturday?

good defense - especially front four

alertness

play four quarters

Last edited:
Defensive ends keeping contain

McCullers/Hood dominating.

A good run game.

Worley to step TF up.

Hold the Ducks under 40 pts, dominate their D line, string together long drives with the running game, and minimize their TOP.

I think it's very unlikely that we win, but a "moral" victory here will be good for the team. Just can't afford to get blown out.

Yeah, realistically I would be in this camp as well...Play as hard as we can for as long as we can....There speed is over the top....so as the game goes on we will be spent...especially with our depth...But I'd like to see us run the ball effectively and hold their offense well under their averages...

How about you and I just meet up and throw down before the game? A little Vol vs Duck pre game action.. What do ya say to that duck boy?

ASSumptions.

Being called a hipster, actually offends me. Lol

I'm a forging, hunting, fishing, backpacking, meat eating, mountaineer, who has a degree from a long time ago.

Do hipsters even watch football? Wouldn't know being on my acreage out in the country.

Reactions: 2 people
Honestly see no chance for a win, but want to see improvement after halftime. That to me would be a win.

I think that will be the game plan for both teams. I'd be very surprised if we don't stack the box and try to exploit Worley's weaknesses.

Aliotti WILL stack the box the entire game. He has one of the best secondaries to lean on. Including, more than likely, the first CB taken in next years draft.

In the big scheme this game means very little. I hope Vols just go play like they got nothing to lose come home with everyone healthy and get ready for the real season to begin in Gainsville.

Reactions: 1 person
The only way the Vols pull this out is with a series of unfortunate events for OU. Vols gotta know the Ducks are going to hit some big plays and score. Vols D has to hit them harder than they hit us and cause multiple turnovers. DB's are going to have to jump some routes (coaches gotta give them that freedom) and safeties are going to have to be ready to back them up and make the play if it doesn't go as planned. O Line will have to get some push from the first second of the Q1 to the last second of Q4 and create some lanes for the RB's. D line has to play sideline to sideline for containment and LB's are going to have to come up and make plays. Worley just can't make big mistakes. OC has to give him passes he can hit to keep OU honest and Worley has to be willing to chuck the ball out of bounds instead of forcing it. If we do that, then that MIGHT give us a shot at hanging around in the 4th quarter and letting a little doubt creep into the minds of the Ducks. Let em' start wondering how and why the Vols are still in this game in the 4th quarter. You just gotta keep gettin' up even when everyone else is telling you to stay down!

DOWN DOWN STAY DOWN - YouTube

How about you and I just meet up and throw down before the game? A little Vol vs Duck pre game action.. What do ya say to that duck boy?

Lol....awesome, I have a fan. A little kid, but a fan nonetheless.

You sure you wanna toy with an elder who's climbed every mountain from Shasta to Denali on the best coast? Who willingly carries 50# packs in weather you'd wince at? Just enjoy your youth and let the adults talk little kid.

Can I get a like yall?

I hope we just show up and play hard and give it a 100%. It will take a miracle to come out of oregon with a win. I hope we can keep it a little close and hang in there the last couple of yrs when we got down in a game players were hanging there heads and giving up but I don't see thst happening no more with coach jones in charge. GO VOLS

Ah, looking at our record since the beginning. I'm sure that doesn't skew anything. Check from the late 80's and get back to me.

Made fun of? You, are truly out of touch. Your own players wanted more unis after playing us. Read it right here on this site. Coincidence? Nah brah....

Coincidence our unis are mentioned in recruiting circles? Nah brah....that's only the beginning of what can be offered at Oregon.

It's amazing the dividends that have been reaped simply from the unis. That was just the beginning of a simple plan. Pretty amazing for a school in a state with little D1 talent. It is only getting better and stronger.

Go on though about how our unis mean nothing....lol.

Lol, looks like the Ducks didn't win 10 games for the first time until 2000. We had our first double digit win season in 1938...

UO won no more than 6 games in the 80's until '89 when they won 8. Then had a pretty mediocre stretch until 2000.

Outside of the atrocity that has been the last 5 years of our football program we've been largely competitive and relevant in the modern era since 1980 or so. For UO it looks like prime time football began in 2008??

Point being, the only 5 years you've been at the pinnacle has been the 5 years we've been at our lowest in program history. So sure, I'm glad to compare our run in the 80's and 90's to yours. No comparison in in that body of work whatsoever... facts are facts. I'll take our record against yours from the beginning and from the 80's as you suggest.

List of Oregon Ducks football seasons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tennessee Volunteers football - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For whatever it's worth, I think we lose by 3 TD's then try to turn it around in Gainesville.

Reactions: 2 people
Hold the Ducks under 40 pts, dominate their D line, string together long drives with the running game, and minimize their TOP.

I think it's very unlikely that we win, but a "moral" victory here will be good for the team. Just can't afford to get blown out.

That is how I feel exactly and you hold it manageable maybe our size can be a deciding factor in the end and and help squeak out a Win

Run the ball,run the ball, run the freaking ball down the throats. Beat them down until they can't take anymore. I want to see UT playing so hard they all earn # 63 on their helmets. I want us to play so good that the only fans you hear are UT FANS!!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 94

VN Store

Back