What is really going on with Trump's taxes?

Photos from 1/6 say different.

I've never seen any "current admin" encouragement to firebomb federal buildings, citation def. needed for that.

If you want to conflate a handful of BLM thugs torching a police station in Portland with the POTUS literal actions on 1/6, go crazy. There's a galactic distinction and difference between the two.
can you cite when Trump encouraged people to "firebomb federal buildings"?

Reactions: AM64
I'm comparing it to the AOC narrative that she feared for her life. Which one had more reason to be frightened for themselves and their family?

What's been going on in Portland, etc is absolutely on a bigger scale than what happened at the Capitol.

So what? What do "scale" and AOC have to do with anything?

I'm astonished that you'd conflate the two as being even similar past a cursory glance. When Biden calls to "march and fight" on the Capitol while throwing Kamala under the bus and then the Dems storm the capital looking to overthrow a certified election, we'll circle back.

I'm astonished that you'd conflate the two as being even similar past a cursory glance. When Biden calls to "march and fight" on the Capitol while throwing Kamala under the bus and then the Dems storm the capital looking to overthrow a certified election, we'll circle back.
So it must be the Capitol to be comparable? This is like Navin explaining what present you can win at the carnival

So it must be the Capitol to be comparable? This is like Navin explaining what present you can win at the carnival

I mean, did Biden instruct the BLM to "march down and fight" with lawmakers in the Portland Federal building? Because the crux of the argument here revolves squarely around Trumps actions.

It's a strawman to suggest that the two were similar in any fashion beyond the use of the word "protest".

I mean, did Biden instruct the BLM to "march down and fight" with lawmakers in the Portland Federal building? Because the crux of the argument here revolves squarely around Trumps actions.

It's a strawman to suggest that the two were similar in any fashion beyond the use of the word "protest".
Yes, they have been instructed by other Dem leaders to do it. They have never really been called out on it either

The argument had been made that trumpers did it because they felt there would be support after the fact. That same kind of support absolutely exists for leftist groups and was pushed/funded by those currently sharing the WH

Yes, they have been instructed by other Dem leaders to do it. They have never really been called out on it either

The argument had been made that trumpers did it because they felt there would be support after the fact. That same kind of support absolutely exists for leftist groups and was pushed/funded by those currently sharing the WH

Who, where? Citation needed.

A man that has been into some "shady ****" for over 40 years without a single criminal complaint until elected to office isn't worried about his tax returns linking him to anything. He knew what the mouth breathers in the media would do with them and was smart not to release them.

He's had many lawsuits against him for illegal activity (many of which he settled), well before he ever decided to run for elected office, including sexual harassment claims. Whether they were considered "criminal" or not in legal terms is irrelevant. Shady **** is shady ****, regardless of whether it's considered criminal or not.

He's had many lawsuits against him for illegal activity (many of which he settled), well before he ever decided to run for elected office, including sexual harassment claims. Whether they were considered "criminal" or not in legal terms is irrelevant. Shady **** is shady ****, regardless of whether it's considered criminal or not.

LOL Move them goalposts. Has the man ever been indicted for a crime or not let alone convicted? Has he ever been charged with tax evasion? Lawsuits do not count.

If the man engaged in criminal activity for over 40 years including tax crimes without once being indicted he must be a criminal genius.

Reactions: AM64 and C-south
LOL Move them goalposts. Has the man ever been indicted for a crime or not let alone convicted? Has he ever been charged with tax evasion? Lawsuits do not count.

If the man engaged in criminal activity for over 40 years including tax crimes without once being indicted he must be a criminal genius.

I'm not moving any goalposts. I even said I doubt they'll be able to find anything criminal against him. You can do shady **** that isn't criminal, as proven by Trump's history.

I'm not moving any goalposts. I even said I doubt they'll be able to find anything criminal against him. You can do shady **** that isn't criminal, as proven by Trump's history.

The DA knows he's not going to find anything to support criminal charges in the tax returns. Will you support charges/disbarment of the DA when Trumps returns "leak" to the public?

The DA knows he's not going to find anything to support criminal charges in the tax returns. Will you support charges/disbarment of the DA when Trumps returns "leak" to the public?

I support people breaking the law to be held accountable, 100%.

I'm astonished that you'd conflate the two as being even similar past a cursory glance. When Biden calls to "march and fight" on the Capitol while throwing Kamala under the bus and then the Dems storm the capital looking to overthrow a certified election, we'll circle jerk.

FYP

He pled guilty and went to jail to avoid a longer sentence from another crime to which he was also innocent?
Your incredulity is warranted. Federal sentencing doesn’t work like that. That’s more of a state court thing.

The federal judiciary has final say over the sentence after a guilty plea. The prosecutor’s recommendations carry weight, but are not final (see Roger Stone).

If you plead guilty to something in federal court, you have some idea but don’t know exactly what you’re going to get sentenced to. Your range of outcomes tends to get worse when you plead to multiple somethings.

In federal court, one of the major incentives to plead guilty is because the sentencing guidelines place a heavy emphasis on contrition. Someone who denies culpability to the point of going to trial and then loses will be punished far more harshly than someone who pleads guilty. (See Paul Manafort).

In short, any competent federal defense lawyer would negotiate for an unprovable charge be dismissed in exchange for whatever they can leverage. (See e.g. Mike Flynn whose contemporaneous charges with higher exposure were all dismissed to get the range of outcomes to a reasonable level.)

There may be some federal criminal context where pleading to multiple charges gets you a guaranteed better deal on some of the charges, but I’m not aware of it. Maybe there’s some multi-crime procedural snare that made it impossible, but that’s not apparent, either. Maybe Cohen had some other serious charges dismissed or that weren’t pursued. Maybe the take that this was a flimsy charge is just wrong.

Reactions: luthervol
To be clear, I don't care to see Trump's tax returns anymore. He's out of office and it's just another one of his vast campaign promises he failed to live up to. It's honestly irrelevant to me at this point.

But if the man promised to release them and then back tracked and tried like hell to keep them from being released, then he 100% has stuff to hide. If this were Biden or Obama, you would bashing them for this every chance you got (and I would support that too).

To be clear, I don't care to see Trump's tax returns anymore. He's out of office and it's just another one of his vast campaign promises he failed to live up to. It's honestly irrelevant to me at this point.

But if the man promised to release them and then back tracked and tried like hell to keep them from being released, then he 100% has stuff to hide. If this were Biden or Obama, you would bashing them for this every chance you got (and I would support that too).

Yes, he's hiding his effective rate. He saw what happened to Romney.

Obama and Biden are hiding **** tons more personal records than Trump has.

Really? So you support Clapper and Comey being prosecuted for lying to congress under oath?

Clapper? Sure.

I have read and forgotten the Comey stuff too many times, but I don't recall that he ever lied to Congress. Are you referring to what he said regarding McCabe and authorizing a source?

Clapper? Sure.

I have read and forgotten the Comey stuff too many times, but I don't recall that he ever lied to Congress. Are you referring to what he said regarding McCabe and authorizing a source?

He lied at least 4 times under oath.

You can't be that naive.

Also, that had nothing to do with Romney losing. Romney was battling a very popular incumbent POTUS. That was an uphill battle from the start.

What proof have you? They've released their tax records. What is there to even suggest that?

VN Store

Back