What is the benefit of living in a "Red" state anymore?

The biggest benefit of red state living is you can very openly act out your bigotry and receive police support for doing so.
In the below case, I think the officers actually wanted to do the right thing. But when you live in the town, what you want,
and what you have to do doesn't always mesh. In many red states, being accused is all that's needed to bigot and get away with it.
[The nicer? side]: Denny's Waitress Who Refused to Serve Black Truckers Fired; Newly Released 911 Audio Reveals Manager Called Men 'Unruly,' Accused Them of 'Harassing' Staff

Later, claimed the waitress and manager fired. Follow-up report shows they weren't and that waitress is actually the manager's wife.
Wow, be careful. You may sound 'liberal'.

City police here in JC are under Federal investigation for colluding and taking bribes to cover a serial rapist & pedophile.

Make no mistake, I am not a black person in this Country. So, I cannot attest to racism. However, I can easily see how a person of color feels nervous around Cops.

That is NOT license to act like a numbskull. Or to openly declare war against 'blue lives.' I'm on the side of human lives. They all deserve respect.

Wow, be careful. You may sound 'liberal'.

City police here in JC are under Federal investigation for colluding and taking bribes to cover a serial rapist & pedophile.

Make no mistake, I am not a black person in this Country. So, I cannot attest to racism. However, I can easily see how a person of color feels nervous around Cops.

That is NOT license to act like a numbskull. Or to openly declare war against 'blue lives.' I'm on the side of human lives. They all deserve respect.
Don't know what the hell you mean by open war on Blue Live Matter. I said bigots (sure cops can be bigots too, but that's not who I'm talking about) can openly act on their bigotry in many red states and get away with it. Further, get cop backup when they do. Now, are using a MAGA tactic of twisting word around to make someone be perceived as saying something didn't actually say. One doesn't even have to be a MAGA to employ the tactic, yep, it even pops up among Democrats who aren't necessarily liberals. I wasn't talking about being nervous around cops either, quite frankly, Black folks don't trust them and for both good, justified, and historical reasons.

Don't know what the hell you mean by open war on Blue Live Matter. I said bigots (sure cops can be bigots too, but that's not who I'm talking about) can openly act on their bigotry in many red states and get away with it. Further, get cop backup when they do. Now, are using a MAGA tactic of twisting word around to make someone be perceived as saying something didn't actually say. One doesn't even have to be a MAGA to employ the tactic, yep, it even pops up among Democrats who aren't necessarily liberals. I wasn't talking about being nervous around cops either, quite frankly, Black folks don't trust them and for both good, justified, and historical reasons.
It wasnt intended. I misunderstood your post.

You should have prosecuted that bitch that smashed up your business the first time.

When you work in my industry as long as I have, you develop a hefty heap of patience and understanding for doing dumb **** when you consume alcohol.

She was just 21 year old and the charges would have likely been felonies. I'm not trying to **** up someone's life for several years over things I could easily replace, financially.

When you work in my industry as long as I have, you develop a hefty heap of patience and understanding for doing dumb **** when you consume alcohol.

She was just 21 year old and the charges would have likely been felonies. I'm not trying to **** up someone's life for several years over things I could easily replace, financially.
Respect...

I don't understand why we have no issue holding 18-21 year olds fully responsible for their actions, yet we don't hold 40+ year old accountable for their actions in this country.

Respect...

I don't understand why we have no issue holding 18-21 year olds fully responsible for their actions, yet we don't hold 40+ year old accountable for their actions in this country.
The pushback from the right to diversion programs is mind blowing. They want to ruin lives of young people over minor offenses then complain or make fun when those people struggle later in life.

The pushback from the right to diversion programs is mind blowing. They want to ruin lives of young people over minor offenses then complain or make fun when those people struggle later in life.

Topic might be threadworthy.

You are a better man than I am in that regard. Naaaaah I probably wouldn't have prosecuted either as long as she paid for the damage plus a few shekels on top... but the second time... I'd help her finish ruining her life.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
That's silly. DUI's are very frequently prosecuted. Google our DUI stats versus other countries.
But a lot of times, one can pay a slick lawyer and get out of them. That happens a lot as well. Then they get their second... then third... then... eventually hurt somebody.

Same reason they want to force poor, young women to have babies that they cannot raise properly--and yet always balk at helping the needy and wring their hands about crime. The stink of hypocrisy.

Smashing up someone else's property is not a minor offense imho. I worked hard for what I have. And if some drunk/drugged up child comes in and destroys it, they need to pay for it. And if the do it a second time they heed to get a spanking (metaphorically speaking) that they apparently never got as a child.

Lives ruined by minor offenses sounds hyperbolic.
It's not since one of the orgs I've worked with in the past worked to push diversion. Minor offenses as a youth absolutely make life much more difficult. The war on drugs has also shown this over the last few decades

Reactions: EasternVol

Did she own her actions to you and make any restitution? I’d hope so but at the end of the day if you’re comfortable with the outcome and can live with it that’s all that really matters.

In Red States you get:

---More guns and Quick Draw contests...

---more religion

----Big trucks...

---Lower pay....

---a minimum 20-minute drive to Lunch at Cracker Barrel and Dinner at Sheetz, or vice versa.

---more trailer parks per capita

--more facial hair (men and women)

---lots of good 'ole boys in the state legislature

---a lot of people similar to those who attacked the Capitol on Jan. 6.
Fewer turbo types…. It’s worth it

Smashing up someone else's property is not a minor offense imho. I worked hard for what I have. And if some drunk/drugged up child comes in and destroys it, they need to pay for it. And if the do it a second time they heed to get a spanking (metaphorically speaking) that they apparently never got as a child.
Your answer to everything is violence.

VN Store

Back