What is the benefit of living in a "Red" state anymore?

Well there's a lot more factors to consider than that. But 21 year olds need to understand accountability. Victimless drug use, traffic laws, etc, no harm no foul. Property damage? People need to grow up.
I can understand the sentiment... I'm not sure how I would react in the same situation. But the issue is that @DinkinFlicka apparently didn't let his emotions and need for vengeance get him carried way... and yet he is ridiculed for showing mercy.

Reactions: Ttucke11
You are a better man than I am in that regard. Naaaaah I probably wouldn't have prosecuted either as long as she paid for the damage plus a few shekels on top... but the second time... I'd help her finish ruining her life.

I think I just wish I had been cut a little slack when I was a rapscallion. I tend towards leniency these days.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Lives ruined by minor offenses sounds hyperbolic.
Property damage has a fairly low threshold in TN to become a felony. I think $800 is a pretty petty setback to be paid with stripping ones right to vote and possible imprisonment.

I also think that sort of behavior stems far too often from being dealt a ****** hand for an upbringing. I support accountability, but I'd rather handle it than let the system run its course on a young, dumb person.

I banned her from my establishment. That's enough of a consequence as far as I am concerned. Society could benefit from showing some grace.

I can understand the sentiment... I'm not sure how I would react in the same situation. But the issue is that @DinkinFlicka apparently didn't let his emotions and need for vengeance get him carried way... and yet he is ridiculed for showing mercy.

I don't think there's any ridicule here. Just a few people disagreeing on how to handle it.

Reactions: tbh
Property damage has a fairly low threshold in TN to become a felony. I think $800 is a pretty petty setback to be paid with stripping ones right to vote and possible imprisonment.

I also think that sort of behavior stems far too often from being dealt a ****** hand for an upbringing. I support accountability, but I'd rather handle it than let the system run its course on a young, dumb person.

I banned her from my establishment. That's enough of a consequence as far as I am concerned. Society could benefit from showing some grace.
I made a similar decision years ago when a commercial building was vandalized with spray paint.
Me, the kid, and his dad handled it ourselves without getting Johnny Law involved.

He was high on drugs. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

I made a similar decision years ago when a commercial building was vandalized with spray paint.
Me, the kid, and his dad handled it ourselves without getting Johnny Law involved.

He was high on drugs. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Would you put me in jail if I was McBad?

Yep. It’s a common thing in nearly all states that you have to prove you are a citizen or here legally.

If the reporter really wanted to help this man, instead of just trying for sensational headlines, she would’ve found the forms he needs (I listed them above).

I will say it is also a failure of the local dmv to explain to him what he needed. But no one is shocked by a dmv employee failing to provide appropriate customer service
The DMV is pretty much the poster child for why government healthcare is a bad idea.

Reactions: tbh and Vol8188
Nope and probably never will. It's disappointing but doesn't call for a warpath from me.
Eh you’re a bigger man than me. I do agree the stupidity of youth isn’t worth ruining a kid’s entire life but I would have demanded some level of restitution. Doesn’t have to be cash could be sweat equity but something.

Reactions: McDad
Eh you’re a bigger man than me. I do agree the stupidity of youth isn’t worth ruining a kid’s entire life but I would have demanded some level of restitution. Doesn’t have to be cash could be sweat equity but something.

Nah man. I was just a huge piece of **** in my 20's because I was also mentally ill.

I try and practice grace with everyone and assume they're going through it or having a terrible day. That mentality cured my road rage. No joke.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Maybe it's just me, but "makes life much more difficult" =/= "lives ruined".
Because you've looked into it how much? You know the stats? Wait, of course you have. I have changed my stance and they should be executed. I'm betting space coast would gladly pull the trigger in the holy name of white, American jesus

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Because you've looked into it how much? You know the stats? Wait, of course you have. I have changed my stance and they should be executed. I'm betting space coast would gladly pull the trigger in the holy name of white, American jesus
How does one statistically quantify a 'more difficult life'?

Who has argued for execution from minor offenses?

Does this mean makes life much more difficult = lives ruined to you?

Forgot that scripture that advised to allow miscreants to just continue doing whatever bad things they want. Do you have chapter and verse handy?
Idk but I'm guessing there are a few on forgiveness, how to treat your fellow man, being a good person, etc. Am I right?

Forgot that scripture that advised to allow miscreants to just continue doing whatever bad things they want. Do you have chapter and verse handy?

Do you have one that says people should be imprisoned for damaging a drinking establishment?

Where do we draw the spiritual, moral line that applies to "laws of the land?"

Nah man. I was just a huge piece of **** in my 20's because I was also mentally ill.

I try and practice grace with everyone and assume they're going through it or having a terrible day. That mentality cured my road rage. No joke.
I’m glad I wasn’t formally held accountable by the system for every stupid thing I did as a young punk. I don’t recall busting up a bar on my list of transgressions but there were a couple of minor property incidents that were settled with my sweat as payment.

I never thought I'd say this but maybe we should start a thread on this since it's hijacked this one.

How does one statistically quantify a 'more difficult life'?

Who has argued for execution from minor offenses?

Does this mean makes life much more difficult = lives ruined to you?
It was posted earlier that they needed their life ruined. Not originally my words. That already happens with the justice system that people saying things like that favor. The inability to get gainfully employed, rent a place, etc had a very negative impact and follows one for life.

I’m glad I wasn’t formally held accountable by the system for every stupid thing I did as a young punk. I don’t recall busting up a bar on my list of transgressions but there were a couple of minor property incidents that were settled with my sweat as payment.
I didn't get in any trouble as a young man. I never damaged anybody's property. Never wanted to disappoint my parents with something bad.

Reactions: NorthDallas40

VN Store

Back