What Other Message Boards Are Saying (Kent State Pre Game Edition)

He's a Kent State alum

407605252-Lambert-close-up.jpg

I genuinely feel bad for teams like this. Just feels like grown men beating the hell out of high school kids. I often have to turn it off and go find something else to do when the score starts getting ugly or mistakes start piling up. Haha

I genuinely feel bad for teams like this. Just feels like grown men beating the hell out of high school kids. I often have to turn it off and go find something else to do when the score starts getting ugly or mistakes start piling up. Haha
$1.35M tends to assuage the hurt they'll feel.

Reactions: igotworms
Play the starters for 1Q or 3 drives.
GA State is still an open wound so I refrain from overlooking any opponent no matter how good the Vols seem!
Akron 2022. Lost Cedric Tillman for the season in a 63-6 Vol W over a Akron team ranked #130. Injuries happen but to lose Ced in a game against a #130 opponent isn't like losing him if you're playing a T60 team.

Now we have Kent #133 up in a game where I see absolutely no value. I don't like these types of opponents whatsoever. It would be OK with me if we never played a FCS or a FBS ranked out of T60 ever again.

Play the starters for 1Q, season ticket holders would be pissed, drive all that way then there's no Sampson, no Nico, no Pearce that's BS.

The CFP Committee considers Strength of Schedule in their rankings. Imagine getting passed over for the 12-T because the other teams SOS was better because we #133. No thanks. Schedule better opponents,

PRINCIPLES

The committee will select the teams using a process that distinguishes among otherwise comparable teams by considering:
  • Strength of schedule,
  • Head-to-head competition,
  • Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory), and,
  • Other relevant factors such as unavailability of key players and coaches that may have affected a team’s performance during the season or likely will affect its postseason performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
I’m trying to figure out why dude bought 16 tickets
Even if his team gets beat by 70, I bet he has a better time vacationing in Knoxville and enjoying the atmosphere of Neyland Stadium than any Kent State home game he goes to.

Reactions: Orange.

VN Store

Back