What other message boards (Tennessee’s remaining SEC opponents) are saying about Tennessee (bye week edition)

The only thing right about this is protecting Nico. We didnt have the ability to run the score up because we couldnt protect Nico with 2 Lineman out. We also couldnt run the ball effectively. Plain and simple, we did what we had to do to win. If we couldve scored 50, we wouldve.

This is exactly it. Sadly, it FKD up my +14 line seriously and cost me winning an extra $5k but I understand why he didnt keep hammering with Nico after the first half. With both sides of the OL depleted and a field that was made to ruin football careers, Josh decided to play down the clock and keep Nico safe.

I was all fine with it till they let them score 2x - but anyway, Heupel took his foot off of the gas a bit because it was the smart thing to do, injury wise.

Reactions: krichunaka
“The fact that Tennessee can control the clock or absolutely shred you through the air and run it up on you makes them the scariest team in the country.”

A Kentucky fan who knows ball. I didn’t think they existed.

I smiled at those UGA and Bammer comments. Hope they stay that smug.
You know when folks talk about you, they are concerned. We had 15 years of people not worrying (or talking) about us. People should worry when teams aren’t talking about us. Most of what I see from knowledgeable folks is that this is a Really dangerous team. I think I’ll take their opinion over some couch potato in BF Georgia or Alabama.

Watched the 247 sports segment on TV just now and the two guys said what impresses them the most is how Josh has built this team steadily to where it is now and also the fact that it appears to be set up well for future success. Good balance of high school kids and development mixed with judicious use of the transfer portal. Not reliant on one or the other. Only played 2 freshmen Saturday which is a good sign.

I wouldn't say arrogant. More like insecure. Bama fans have earned arrogance and they show more class cause they've been there and done it. Georgia just reached the top so they're afraid about losing that top spot so quickly. They can't have us becoming elite again threatening their spot at the top.

If you notice the teams below us were honest with themselves while the Bama and especially Georgia fans were the ones denying the truth that we're an elite team once again.
Bama fans? Class?

OK.... if you say so. :rolleyes:

I can’t find high quality enough morphine to come up with this take

Oklahoma exposed Tennessee. Tennessee will look good until they run into Bama and us

Morphine- no man. This is Arkansas we are talking about here. This is a classic example of the effects of huffing air conditioner refrigerant from the window unit bolted on to the trailer down the way. And maybe smoking some crushed up watch batteries…..

People shouldn't read too much into our offense at OU. It was Nico's 5th start and his first SEC road game against a very good OU defense. Combine that with the fact the OL was beat up and getting whooped a bit, I think it was clear that CJH just wanted the win and didn't want put too much on Nico's shoulders at this stage. And with the defense playing so well, it was clear we just needed to control the ball and control the clock.
I agree with you 100%. Not sure how many times it needs to be said but apparently several thousand hasn't been enough times. CLEARLY...Josh chose to run clock and let our defense, which CLEARLY dominated the game, win this game for us. I mean...how many times this year (or ever for that matter) have we seen our QB under Josh allow the clock to wind down to 1 second before snapping the ball? And we did it the entire 2nd half! This game actually reminded me of a 90's-2001 type game when Phil was coaching (which I'm fine with when our defense is so stout!

I love how people say we’re exposed. It not a very hard to figure out how Stop us. You have to be able to stop the run with light box and Tackle in space consistently. The problem is Most teams aren’t capable of doing that for 4q. Now we have a defense that even if you do we can still win

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
I swear I don't see where everyone believes Arkansas is the best we have played. That running QB is going to be running and getting hit hard. I mean he may use his legs some but I'm not sure their coaches want that guy taking the shots #9 JT is giving out. Not to mention Pili and Carter

Reactions: Swiftybaby
Our offense is definitely a work in progress, but it's also worth noting, we've not been remotely tested this year, and Heupel has dialed break the aggressiveness as a result. We basically ran a conservative ball-control offense for most of the game against Oklahoma, even though that's the opposite of our M.O.

Arkansas will probably be the first team we face that can move the ball on offense against us. Their offense is good, 21st in the nation in offensive efficiency (in comparison, Oklahoma was 112th and NC State was 116th). Much better team than being given credit for and they'll be hungry for an upset win.

We're going to need to open up the playbook a bit in Fayetteville.
In all fairness, they've played UAPB, Oklahoma State who has the worst defense in the Big 12, Auburn who is bottom third of the SEC in defense, and UAB who is second in the American conference but still like 40th in the country in total defense while playing basically no one yet other than Arkansas.

I agree with you 100%. Not sure how many times it needs to be said but apparently several thousand hasn't been enough times. CLEARLY...Josh chose to run clock and let our defense, which CLEARLY dominated the game, win this game for us. I mean...how many times this year (or ever for that matter) have we seen our QB under Josh allow the clock to wind down to 1 second before snapping the ball? And we did it the entire 2nd half! This game actually reminded me of a 90's-2001 type game when Phil was coaching (which I'm fine with when our defense is so stout!
I agree with your agreeance.
What's more, CJH has not really shown anybody this offense true capabilities. Nothing has really been revealed. We will see different formations in weeks to come. We have game tape of the defensive schemes as well as they do of our offensive schemes. They will make adjustments and so will we. We did not have to reveal any new sets more than likely on Saturday night. We shut it down because we did not need to do so. The telling stat is the number of running vs plays in a usually balanced offensive scheme. Other factors as well, but this game was like a very physical practice with film for the purposes of training, and preventing future injury.

Alabama
-Tennessee’s defensive line is going to make a lot of offensive lines look bad this year.

-I’m still not impressed by Tennessee. If Oklahoma could’ve thrown in that game, they would’ve murdered Tennessee.

-Oklahoma exposed Tennessee’s offense and we should absolutely roll in Neyland this year.

-Tennessee is a paper tiger. We’ll all see them crumble soon enough.

-I really think Tennessee is better on both sides of the ball than Georgia, I expect a much tougher game in Knoxville than I do against Georgia.

Georgia
-I’m not worried at all about Tennessee. They are one of the most overrated teams currently.

-Tennessee has a horrible offense, but good defense.

-Oklahoma exposed Tennessee. Tennessee will look good until they run into Bama and us.

-Tennessee and Arkansas will be a war and those hillbillies will come back down to earth.

-Stop the run. Don't get beat deep. A simple formula to absolutely beat the piss out of an average Tennessee team.

-The Vols will be a challenge. They can play defense and while raw, their QB has the physical traits and moxie to make life tough for even good defenses.

-LOL at anyone that thinks Tennessee is a good football team. Kirby will skull frick them.

Florida
-Vols continue to dominate opponents with so-so QB play. They’ll do the same thing to us.

-Tennessee's defense is way better than last year. We're going to have a hard time scoring on them. Their offense looks a little worse but they won't have any issues moving the ball on us.

-Tenn is going to kill us.

-Tennessee is really good on both sides of the ball. Their DL is deep and stout. Very envious.

-Josh coached his team to a win without humiliating his Alma mater and not having to open his play book.

-Tennessee is pretty good, on both sides of the ball. Heupel is only in 4th year there. They were in bad shape and their roster wasn’t much when he arrived. How did they get so good?

Arkansas
-Tennessee and Ole Miss look better than Texas - especially if Ewers remains limited through the rest of the season.

-We get to show OU how it's done week after next. We should beat Tennessee.

-The Vols definitely made a point to introduce OU to the jungle. The hitting in that game was crisp.

Kentucky
-It’s early in the season but UT and UT look like the best two teams in the country to me.

-We usually don't do well against teams like Tennessee. Too many mistakes on the back end. It took a few coaches that didn't work out, but they are a top 10 program again and will be a regular playoff team..

-UT has a good offense and they also appear to have a solid, if not good, defense as well.

-Saying good things about Tennessee football is almost painful....but that's a mighty good football team. Mighty good.

-Tennessees q-back is pretty good but he can’t protect the ball, twice he’s lost it because he careless with it. We should feast on that.

-Mark Stoops makes the same money as Josh Heupel. One team going to be in the playoffs and the other fighting for a mid-tier bowl bid.

-Josh Heupel has the ball rolling in Knoxville. You can’t deny it.

-The fact that Tennessee can control the clock or absolutely shred you through the air and run it up on you makes them the scariest team in the country.

Miss State (nothing I could find)

Vandy (nothing I could find
Georgia talking trash after barely beating Kentucky is hilarious

There is special spot at the bottom of the sewage pit reserved for Lane Kiffin and moronic Georgia fans.

Seriously. Those fools can get bent.

VN Store

Back