What other message boards (Tennessee’s remaining SEC opponents) are saying about Tennessee (bye week edition)

Really? We didn't get exposed, we had injuries at both tackle spots. The big plays were there, and I have zero doubt we could have scored 2 or 3 more times (like we did in the first half) had we kept being aggressive, but why risk it? The game was over at halftime with the way the defense was playing. The only way Oklahoma was getting back into that game was if Tennessee gave them an opportunity with a pick 6 or turnover deep in our territory. The 2nd half on offense we played the clock, not Oklahoma. Number 2 we did a good job shutting down the backup QB until we went into prevent defense, which again, was to keep everything in front of us and not allow an explosive play that could let Oklahoma back in it. You will not see Tennessee be that conservative against Alabama or Georgia. Oklahoma probably has the best Defense we will see all year and the offense still scored twice and moved the ball until Heupel shut it down. You won't see Heupel running the ball into stacked boxes over and over again unless it's a similar situation and the game is all but over.
So what's the excuse in the NCst game? Nico fumble once and threw an interception as he was getting hit. They were a garbage defense. I'm not blaming Nico for the pick. He was getting hit. Our O line is porous. Nico is bad about dropping the ball when hit in the pocket. If you don't think every team we play until the end of the season isn't going to pin their ears back and come after him, you're delirious. Can't bomb them when your getting hit before you can throw. And don't forget, our offense didn't win that game. Our Defense won that game. If you legit think the Heupel actually tried to run the clock out and got conservative because we had a 16 point lead at half time, you're a fool.
I love my Vols but I am not going to overlook the obvious for the sake of "towing the line". I do not wear orange tinted sunglasses. Vegas licks it's chops whenever Tennessee fans bust open their wallet. We beat Alabama.......2 years ago........and we already have morons on this forum screaming "let me at 'em! We're going to hang 50 on them by halftime!"

Keep your words sweet. You may be eating them later.

Reactions: VolDave53
So what's the excuse in the NCst game? Nico fumble once and threw an interception as he was getting hit. They were a garbage defense. I'm not blaming Nico for the pick. He was getting hit. Our O line is porous. Nico is bad about dropping the ball when hit in the pocket. If you don't think every team we play until the end of the season isn't going to pin their ears back and come after him, you're delirious. Can't bomb them when your getting hit before you can throw. And don't forget, our offense didn't win that game. Our Defense won that game. If you legit think the Heupel actually tried to run the clock out and got conservative because we had a 16 point lead at half time, you're a fool.
I love my Vols but I am not going to overlook the obvious for the sake of "towing the line". I do not wear orange tinted sunglasses. Vegas licks it's chops whenever Tennessee fans bust open their wallet. We beat Alabama.......2 years ago........and we already have morons on this forum screaming "let me at 'em! We're going to hang 50 on them by halftime!"

We scored 44 points against NC state, and played backups part of the game. Exactly what you do against bad defenses. I'm a fool for thinking Heupel just ran clock the 2nd half because the defense was playing lights out? Heupel told Nico after the game(caught on camera) he pulled back. Link below. He also said in his press conference the way the game was playing out dictated the playcalling. OU cant do sh*t so why potentially throw them a lifeline? He just wanted to get out with the W. We got conservative because we were missing Heard and Campbell. Let the D pin their ears back and come after Nico with those 2 guys healthy, our WR's will absolutely feast. If you think what we saw in the 2nd half is our offense, you might be the fool in this situation. Guess by season's end we will see who is eating what. I'll bookmark this to come back to.

Last edited:
I think it’s because most of us will remember what it was like wandering in the wilderness for 15 years. I certainly will and it will keep you humble and appreciative. Bama wandered for 10 years through 4 coaches and Georgia went without a title for 30 some odd years before they finally solved the riddle. Don’t even need to mention Texas and their struggles until lately. All of those fan bases have convenient memory loss and the sidewalk alumni don’t care. They’ll jump off the bandwagon at the first sign of failure. Those droughts can happen again to anybody at any time if you pick the wrong coach.

I hear ya, but uga fans take it to a new level. It's not pure arrogance, it is a CONSTANT need for affirmation, a need for OTHER fans to say exactly what uga fans want, and ONLY positive things about the 'program' (to use the term loosely).

I can tolerate arrogance or confidence, it is the whiny neediness from uga fans that is just intolerable.

We scored 44 points against NC state, and played backups part of the game. Exactly what you do against bad defenses. I'm a fool for thinking Heupel just ran clock the 2nd half because the defense was playing lights out? Heupel told Nico after the game(caught on camera) he pulled back. Link below. He also said in his press conference the way the game was playing out dictated the playcalling. OU cant do sh*t so why potentially throw them a lifeline? He just wanted to get out with the W. We got conservative because we were missing Heard and Campbell. Let the D pin their ears back and come after Nico with those 2 guys healthy, our WR's will absolutely feast. If you think what we saw in the 2nd half is our offense, you might be the fool in this situation. Guess by season's end we will see who is eating what. I'll bookmark this to come back to.

I don't care how many points we scored. NCst is pathetic and they still made our QB turn it over ......twice. OU has a great defense and they got to Nico.....twice and he fumbled. All the "shuck and jive" in the world doesn't answer that issue. We have a glaring weakness that Helen Keller could see.

Reactions: onevol74

The idea that we are viewing end product Nico after game 5 is rather humorous.

I think it’s because most of us will remember what it was like wandering in the wilderness for 15 years. I certainly will and it will keep you humble and appreciative. Bama wandered for 10 years through 4 coaches and Georgia went without a title for 30 some odd years before they finally solved the riddle. Don’t even need to mention Texas and their struggles until lately. All of those fan bases have convenient memory loss and the sidewalk alumni don’t care. They’ll jump off the bandwagon at the first sign of failure. Those droughts can happen again to anybody at any time if you pick the wrong coach.
I started that UTK fresh out of the army Fall 2005. We were preseason number one in the country. Ended up 5-7 first losing seasoning in like 20 years.

I say this all the time, but my biggest problem with Georgia is that they really just became relevant in 2017, but I swear they act like they've been there all along.

They remind me of a more severe version of James Franklin's Vandy. Those guys talked like they had been hanging with the big boys all along. Their reality check was so nice to see, and Georgia's will be too.

Horrible offense?? You scored 13 on KENTUCKY. South Carolina's QB literally needs glasses to see and they scored almost 3x as many points on Kentucky.

I don't care how many points we scored. NCst is pathetic and they still made our QB turn it over ......twice. OU has a great defense and they got to Nico.....twice and he fumbled. All the "shuck and jive" in the world doesn't answer that issue. We have a glaring weakness that Helen Keller could see.
UnitedRemoteIndianabat-small.gif
I smell troll....

Reactions: butchna
I say this all the time, but my biggest problem with Georgia is that they really just became relevant in 2017, but I swear they act like they've been there all along.

They remind me of a more severe version of James Franklin's Vandy. Those guys talked like they had been hanging with the big boys all along. Their reality check was so nice to see, and Georgia's will be too.

Horrible offense?? You scored 13 on KENTUCKY. South Carolina's QB literally needs glasses to see and they scored almost 3x as many points on Kentucky.

With respect, GA was relevant almost every year that Mark Richt was the coach. Of coarse unless you mean one must win a championship to be considered relevant.

Some stats for your reference…
Since 1997 average W-L:
UGA 10.1-2.9
UT 7.7-4.8
Alabama 10.1-3.1
Ohio St. 10.6-2.2
Michigan 8.8-3.7

They are not a garbage defense, at least not until our defense broke their heart and sole. the 85 yard interception TD drained all the heart their team. I don't think they are now a top 20 team, but they can cause some problems in the ACC.

I get what you are saying and see some of it. However, keep in mind that in 2022, our offense looked like trash against Pittsburgh and it even went to overtime. Using that logic, Alabama would have spanked Tennessee.

What happened?

I think NC State isn't great but they probably still win 7 or 8 games like 2022 Pittsburgh. For them to be as bad as they were against Clemson indicates that they probably had injuries and/or locker room issues going into the game.

If you go off recruiting rankings (which Alabama and Georgia fans love to point out), Oklahoma has been in the top 10 in recruiting every year with Venables. OU isn't full of scrub players. On paper, they are the third most talent team we play and are one of the most talented teams (outside Alabama and Georgia) we have played in the Heupel era.

I do think we are getting a little too much hype (funny, people say the media hates us but 2022 and this year beg to differ).

Last edited:
Yeah, and we kicked their teeth in. so your point?

Reactions: Jpcisco
The real kicker about GA fans is if they act like Kirby came in and did some great work.

He walked in on a decade of top 10 recruiting classes and was able to take them to the next level. Not a lot of major building there.

Heup walked in on an orange shaded Chernobyl.

They know that. I think what Alabama, Georgia, and other fans make fun of us for is becoming the Chernobyl in the first place. Why couldn't Tennessee have handled itself better after firing Fulmer. I agree as well. The poor administration that was in place starting with Hamilton is the issue and it still drives our lack of respect. People are starting to figure out that Tennessee is a coherent program now and may become a threat.

A lot of Georgia fans won't take us seriously until we get a better recruiting class or beat them IMO. They keep saying they have more blue chips.

VN Store

Back