What's everyone's obsession with Josh Dobbs?

Wait a minute? There are "pocket passing" quarterbacks who can run. The 10 you mention did not have lead in their shoes. We are not talking about a QB running a run oriented offense. We are talking a pocket passer who can get out of trouble and turn a loss into a gain. What kind of dopes are you?

I really wish that nobody would ever mention anyone's race. I was just answering the poster before me.

No one should mention race,it,s small minded and trivial to the argument,but very nearly always when white people compare black QBs they use black QBS to compare them to..it's human nature and has occurred in this thread..no one is by and large using Heath Shuler as a Dobbs comparison ,most use Tee or God forbid Brent Shaffer....neither is a apt comparison IMO

I really wish that nobody would ever mention anyone's race. I was just answering the poster before me.

No one should mention race,it,s small minded and trivial to the argument,but very nearly always when white people compare black QBs they use black QBS to compare them to..it's human nature and has occurred in this thread..no one is by and large using Heath Shuler as a Dobbs comparison ,most use Tee or God forbid Brent Shaffer....neither is a apt comparison IMO

What's the big deal with Dobbs? For me, it's his coolness in the pocket, his strong arm and his pin-point accuracy. He's got great wheels, but he doesn't default to them too soon when his first option isn't there. But best of all he's cerebral. I can see him directing an offense in the same methodical way as Peyton Manning. Barring injury, I think he can become truly great.

Granted, since what we've seen of him is against high school competition, the above may turn out to be too optimistic, but I still marvel he was only rated three stars by some services.

I believe that the best way to describe him is a dual-threat QB. He has the ability to throw accurately from the pocket but also make plays with his legs that most typical "Peyton Manning pocket passers" can't. Rivals.com has him listed as a Pro-style QB while ESPN has him ranked as a dual-threat QB.

It is interesting to note that Dobbs threw 29 TD's last year but also rushed for 10 TD's. He had seven games with 9+ rushes and eight games with 30+ pass attempts. (Ferguson's stats weren't readily available.)

Riley Ferguson has offers from 5 top 25 schools.

Josh Dobbs has 0 offers from top 25 schools.

I'm not saying Riley is better then Dobbs or visa versa. I watched both game film and they both look equally impressive.

So what's the deal? What does Dobbs have that the other 3 QB don't?

don't know if joking....

Does it count as a touchdown pass when he throws a dump pass to his RB, and his RB runs 15+ yards for a touchdown?

Yes. Just like when he aired it out to Amari Cooper and his other WRs several times. All QBs have screen passes that turn into 15+ yd RB runs for tds that count as TD passes.

Yelden and Lacey had 3 TD receptions combined last year. That leaves 27 for his WRs and TEs. He actually had a very good yds per pass avg last year.

Not tryin to rep a Bama player, just being fair. Is he John Elway? No. But he's a very good SEC QB. IMHO.

Last edited:
If I was to choose the QB of our next few years, I'd probably be a Dobbs lean, due to his intelligence, the ability to learn offense as well as read defenses, entangibles, work ethic, leadership and maturity.

However this is no slight to Ferguson, I like Riley alot as well, he is a leader, and is very tough, but he would bring a winning attitude being that he is like undefeated in H.S. if I'm remembering correctly, but QB is the position where a winning attitude is most needed being the QB is the leader of the team,

I believe both are fairly even on arm talent, I believe dobbs is a better decision maker which in turn improves his accuracy, I believe Riley is more of gun slinger, risk/reward, but luckily for us both are tough both are leaders and both are mature.

I believe that the best way to describe him is a dual-threat QB. He has the ability to throw accurately from the pocket but also make plays with his legs that most typical "Peyton Manning pocket passers" can't. Rivals.com has him listed as a Pro-style QB while ESPN has him ranked as a dual-threat QB.

It is interesting to note that Dobbs threw 29 TD's last year but also rushed for 10 TD's. He had seven games with 9+ rushes and eight games with 30+ pass attempts. (Ferguson's stats weren't readily available.)

He weighs 160....He isn't a duel threat, if he runs a LB will destroy him. Even a CB would light him up.

Just because he is black doesn't mean he is a scrambler. Why can't people get that through their thick skull? He is a pocket passing QB, he is very smart, and he learned the playbook in a whole week!!!!

I’ve talked to some people down in Knoxville TN, friends of mine, who are around and at some of the press conferences, people I’ve known for a long time. But my question, which is just a straight honest question. Is he a brother, or is he a cornball brother?
I know he’s black, he kind of does his thing, but he’s not really down with the cause, he’s not one of us.

I bet he will date a white girl and vote republican.

Love Rob Parker

I’ve talked to some people down in Knoxville TN, friends of mine, who are around and at some of the press conferences, people I’ve known for a long time. But my question, which is just a straight honest question. Is he a brother, or is he a cornball brother?
I know he’s black, he kind of does his thing, but he’s not really down with the cause, he’s not one of us.

I bet he will date a white girl and vote republican.

Love Rob Parker

Liked your other post but this was a very, very poor attempt at humor.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back